2021 Lineup

1 minute ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Niko B regardless that he only has 4 songs. Who's that what's that? charted really high I would not be surprised if he opens one of the main stages or R1 stage (that's if there is one)

I dunno if he's big enough for main but could maybe see him on radio 1 

8 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

I've got Trees tickets too, so hoping for the trifecta. Love the new album (which is apparently contreversial) 

I initially was really lukewarm towards it but now I’m 6/7 listens in, it has grown on my massively. The hooks dig theirselves in so quickly. I now think it’s a really good record. There’s still 2/3 tracks that I think are a complete waste of time (Flight Without Feathers, Meteor and Libertine) and a couple I’m still coming round to (Demi God and Dying Is Absolutely Safe) but I think I’ll get there with those soon. Winston makes Impermanence, which I think would be quite a forgettable song without his feature but his feature is so great. 

Black Lungs has proven to be the biggest earworm I’ve heard in months, it is just in my head constantly. Giving Blood has grown on me immensely and is another track I find myself humming a lot. Discourse Is Dead is excellent and Architects at their signature sounding best. Animals is one of the best tracks they’ve ever made, Dead Butterflies is wonderful and Goliath is outstanding. That said, Simon Neil is the best thing about the album. 

I don’t really rate albums out of 10 but initially I would have given this just about a 6/10. Now I think it’s a solid 8/10.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

I've got Trees tickets too, so hoping for the trifecta. Love the new album (which is apparently contreversial) 

It’s an incredible album. I’ve listened to Architects since Daybreaker and for me it’s their best album. So much diversity and still holds its heavy roots with tracks like Libertine / Impermanence / Discourse is Dead. There are anthem songs like Little Wonder / Animals and then stunners like Flight Without Feathers / Dying is Safe and then the best track for me Dead Butterflies - Chuck the rest of the tracks in and it’s just a belting album. Definitely give it a listen! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dukey said:

It’s an incredible album. I’ve listened to Architects since Daybreaker and for me it’s their best album. So much diversity and still holds its heavy roots with tracks like Libertine / Impermanence / Discourse is Dead. There are anthem songs like Little Wonder / Animals and then stunners like Flight Without Feathers / Dying is Safe and then the best track for me Dead Butterflies - Chuck the rest of the tracks in and it’s just a belting album. Definitely give it a listen! 

Better than All Our Gods...!?

13 minutes ago, TownNation said:

How likely do we actually think an announcement will be tomorrow / Friday then in all seriousness?

Does feel odd they’ve not yet announced that Leeds is fully sold out now, and haven’t updated the website either. 

Feel like we’ll at least get that soon. 

• Like 1

Sam Fender being at Neighbourhood makes me think he will be at R&L too. It also makes me think that the Radio 1 Stage is still going to be around. I’m going for AJ Tracey, Sam Fender and Charli XCX as headliners, if so. 

The Libertines, You Me At Six, Slowthai and Architects added to the Main Stages as logo bands. 

We need some news soon 😆

Edited by Andre91

8 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Does feel odd they’ve not yet announced that Leeds is fully sold out now, and haven’t updated the website either. 

Feel like we’ll at least get that soon. 

Definitely, hopefully sooner rather than later

6 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Yungblud plugging the new Architects album on his story 

QOTSA / Architects / Yungblud 👀

What a run that would be tbf

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Sam Fender being at Neighbourhood makes me think he will be at R&L too. It also makes me think that the Radio 1 Stage is still going to be around. I’m going for AJ Tracey, Sam Fender and Charli XCX as headliners, if so. 

The Libertines, You Me At Six, Slowthai and Architects added to the Main Stages as logo bands. 

We need some news soon 😆

We do indeed 😂 especially since it’s now sold out - I get that they may think there’s no rush but we need news too to keep the hype rolling about the festival so I completely agree with you. 

7 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Sam Fender seems like the obviously fill for the last R1 headliner if we’re assuming Charli XCX and AJ Tracey are the other ones. Also follows Reading’s common (?) trend of announcing two of three R1 headliners and waiting for the final one

There is no pattern. Announced all 3 at once for 2020.

still convinced AJ Tracey vs Stormzy is gonna happen, seems like an odd clash

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

There is no pattern. Announced all 3 at once for 2020.

still convinced AJ Tracey vs Stormzy is gonna happen, seems like an odd clash

Huh it was a 2019 thing just it seems, I could’ve sworn they did similar before.

That does sound a weird clash to be fair. Second on main under Catfish like the poster makes sense. Who do you think would be R1 headliner then?