2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Not trying to put a downer on it but has anyone else see this quote from a Reading Council member saying it hasn't yet approved the festival taking place? It'll just be the council being cautious at this stage but just thought I'd share: https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/19126083.reading-festival-confirmation-downplayed-council/

No it's true though. No one has given an official yes from it. The festival have plugged the media with what they had to go on and the intended result they wanted is what they got.

7 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

The Hunna put on their Instagram 2 days ago 'watch this space next week for exciting news' and are replying to loads of comments about R and L with '👀👀 watch this space'

So I’m guessing that’s a lineup announcement this week then

Does anyone have the screenshots of this? I don’t use Instagram and can’t find it anywhere

Edited by Jack.194

5 minutes ago, Dave-Bboard said:

Anyone think the announcement about Leeds Friday/Sunday tickets selling out will come out soon? I swear they've been gone for days

They might be waiting until they announce some more names e.g. RandL is now fully sold out, here’s your lineup etc.

Just to try sum up the last few days for announcements we thinking: 

Declan McKenna - Tour dates lineup 

Tom Grennan - BBC Interview 

The Hunna - Instagram Comments 

Slowthai - Tour dates lineup just after RandL Weekend

PS. Solardo suggests that the acts on the main stage may be on different stages 

Edited by Ethan_Crossley96

12 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Architects 🤞

12 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Yep, I’m my eyes that all points towards an announcement coming soon.

17 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Slowthai's tour starts on the tuesday after RandL 

9 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

Rob Kellas seems to think that the 2 main stage thing is “definitely a one off” (most recent video at time stamp 18:30) he usually has some sort of inside info but i’m not sure he does on this. What’s everyone’s opinions?

To be honest I don't think it's certain, they'll probably just see how it goes

Edited by Dave-Bboard
Sent too quick by accident

11 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

Rob Kellas seems to think that the 2 main stage thing is “definitely a one off” (most recent video at time stamp 18:30) he usually has some sort of inside info but i’m not sure he does on this. What’s everyone’s opinions?

They could be right, think they also mentioned in their vid that 2021’s headliners were already booked by the time 2020’s festival would’ve took place, hence six headliners this time

13 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

He also said he is sure tickets are being released in batches but melvin interview confirmed this wasn't the case

11 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

My initial thought was it was a one off as they were going to try and make everything outside. However, with the fact that the other tents bar R1 are probably still going to be there, my thoughts are it’s permanent.

8 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Logistically, purchasing, manufacturing and storing two identical stages just to use them for one year wouldn't be the smartest idea FR have ever made.

Assume one will be the lattitude stage or similar