2021 Lineup

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Yeah exactly, the arena might change shape a little bit to fit this in or the dance will be moved to where the Radio 1 is to accommodate. The vendors will probably move too. Mad Cool do there non-clashing stages at a 90 degree angle and that worked. 

Mad Cool Festival Release Full Daily Timetables - Festicket Magazine

This is sick. I hope it looks something like this. I'm of the belief that the R1 stage will be going, but I'd rather this set up than the 2 next to each other

Edited by Gerard the Fab

‘What I really want is a government insurance scheme for everything, and what I know is that they’re reluctant to do that, so I need to keep that pressure on.’ 

‘everything is about the insurance, without it we’re doomed.’ 

Feel like this isn’t promising at the end of that article... 😬

1 hour ago, K2001 said:

Erm will delete if it takes up loads of space but as it’s behind a pay wall (I got a free trial) I’ve just screenshot it all, hope this is okay. Final sentence now does not fill me with hope.

3F52596A-3DCD-4154-9FBD-9A850E07C4D7.jpeg

634675D6-C7D7-4733-8942-725DF7F277B5.jpeg

ED4B9C3C-26BD-465E-83B2-0FB58736E293.jpeg

83C7DAE1-D612-4D55-AA75-F630574B65E9.jpeg

517BCC82-9CA9-477F-AC5A-E5F790F9E1B9.jpeg

A2061433-515F-450C-9F61-7D8CE6B15381.jpeg

When your free trial ends you can open the article and while it's opening turn all your mobile data/wifi off and it should load up without having to pay

Honestly really reassured by this. Sounds like an awful system but its a system and thats the main thing (people could so easily catch it in between the doctor appointment and arriving - or just in the queue/inside). I reckon by reading most people will have had their second vaccine anyway as doses won't be being used for 1st doses anymore so roll out will speed up fingers crossed.

Not trying to put a downer on it but has anyone else see this quote from a Reading Council member saying it hasn't yet approved the festival taking place? It'll just be the council being cautious at this stage but just thought I'd share: https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/19126083.reading-festival-confirmation-downplayed-council/

6 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I was thinking Madison Beer was mainly known from TikTok and stuff but I just checked her spotify and her music actually seems fairly popular as well.

Also, I can imagine Slowthai and Wolf Alice are pretty much nailed on, but where?

They are both main stage unless they headline R1

6 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I was thinking Madison Beer was mainly known from TikTok and stuff but I just checked her spotify and her music actually seems fairly popular as well.

Also, I can imagine Slowthai and Wolf Alice are pretty much nailed on, but where?

I think Wolf Alice under CATB, Slowthai 4th on one of the MS one of the days

2 hours ago, Goer190 said:

If anyone is bored and fancies testing their R&L headliners knowledge

https://www.sporcle.com/games/tomjardine21/reading-festival-headliners

This was great! I got 78%, all correct from 2005 onwards. Missed a few in the 2000's and loads from the 90's. 

Would be cool to have a Radio 1/NME tent version and maybe even a sub headliner one too. 

2 hours ago, Goer190 said:

If anyone is bored and fancies testing their R&L headliners knowledge

https://www.sporcle.com/games/tomjardine21/reading-festival-headliners

I got 87%. Got everything from 1999 onwards other than Stereophonics in 2000. Apart from 5 others I had everything from 1993 onwards. 

Not bad considering I didn’t know what Reading was until 2009. 

36 minutes ago, foolee said:

This was great! I got 78%, all correct from 2005 onwards. Missed a few in the 2000's and loads from the 90's. 

Would be cool to have a Radio 1/NME tent version and maybe even a sub headliner one too. 

Might crack on with that 🙂