2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, Ives562 said:

Anyone listening to radio 1 artichiteches special I've Just put it on 🙂

Yes, excellent. Really enjoyed it

The two hours flew by.Would recommend anyone who missed it to check it out on catch up. Great show tonight, one of the best.

Well done Mr. Carter, now get that Pit sorted.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yes, excellent. Really enjoyed it

The two hours flew by.Would recommend anyone who missed it to check it out on catch up. Great show tonight, one of the best.

Well done Mr. Carter, now get that Pit sorted.

I missed the first hour as was watching football 😂 deffinatly gonna listen back to the first hour 🙂

9 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

absolutely not a chance in hell but would be much appreciated, am convinced the 2 MS thing is stupid

It is and it isn't. If they could have got 3 main stage headliners they believed were strong enough for the festive then they would have 1 main and outdoor Radio 1.

1 hour ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

Do we reckon there will be an influx of female acts added to the next announcement? I remember there being a bit of an uproar during the first announcement 

can see Dua Lipa being added 

Feel like there’s nowhere for her to slot in at this point.

2 hours ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

Do we reckon there will be an influx of female acts added to the next announcement? I remember there being a bit of an uproar during the first announcement 

Dua Lipa is a headliner or nothing. She’s the 3rd biggest artist on Spotify and is absolutely huge, unless she does secret set she won’t be there

50 minutes ago, VanderlyleTea said:

Is it the general consensus that the Radio1 Stage is not going to be there this year? Would be a shame because that was always the best stage for me.

No other stage at R&L has the same atmosphere as the R1 Tent. At Leeds (can't speak about Reading's arena layout) I can't see how binning that stage would make enough space for another main stage

Agreed Radio 1 Stage has always been my favourite, the atmosphere the size of that tent generates is brilliant!

Hope the two-stage model works and interested to see how they play it, whether they do the side-by-side option or have it in another part of the arena

4 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Agreed Radio 1 Stage has always been my favourite, the atmosphere the size of that tent generates is brilliant!

Hope the two-stage model works and interested to see how they play it, whether they do the side-by-side option or have it in another part of the arena

With no clashes they'll be side by side, at 90 degrees or opposite each other.

1 minute ago, foolee said:

With no clashes they'll be side by side, at 90 degrees or opposite each other.

Side by side or end to end is the only way I can see the two stages being set up. It wouldn’t make sense to have two Main Stages with no clashes unless they are right near each other. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Andre91 said:

Side by side or end to end is the only way I can see the two stages being set up. It wouldn’t make sense to have two Main Stages with no clashes unless they are right near each other. 

Yeah exactly, the arena might change shape a little bit to fit this in or the dance will be moved to where the Radio 1 is to accommodate. The vendors will probably move too. Mad Cool do there non-clashing stages at a 90 degree angle and that worked. 

Mad Cool Festival Release Full Daily Timetables - Festicket Magazine

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah exactly, the arena might change shape a little bit to fit this in or the dance will be moved to where the Radio 1 is to accommodate. The vendors will probably move too. Mad Cool do there non-clashing stages at a 90 degree angle and that worked. 

So long as they don't have those VIP standing sections too. What a joke that was.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, foolee said:

Well that’s cool. I’ve never seen anything like that before. I like it. 

Also, re: Architects, that Kingston show will be wild. I’m going to try for a couple of tickets this evening when they go on sale. I really hope they get added to R&L. 

4 hours ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

I don't think they particularly care on a normal year honestly and with it sold out they have even less of a reason to care. I am sure there will be some female acts but probably not any significant ones

----

I don't know how sound works but I am assuming that the stage can't go facing towards the town centre right (like where the Pit and FR tents are now). Would they be able to go where the dance tent is or would this blast noise across the river to the houses there?

19 minutes ago, foolee said:

Excuse the shambles of a drawing but this is the only way I can see it happening for Leeds

1232806598_GoogleMaps.png.adc18dc907bfc2c8d826222ffd61689f.png

36 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Excuse the shambles of a drawing but this is the only way I can see it happening for Leeds

1232806598_GoogleMaps.png.adc18dc907bfc2c8d826222ffd61689f.png

All this has done is remind me not to camp in Green this year. I arrived on the Thursday (I’ve got early bird this time, thankfully) and it is trek and a half to the arena. 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

All this has done is remind me not to camp in Green this year. I arrived on the Thursday (I’ve got early bird this time, thankfully) and it is trek and a half to the arena. 

I know the feeling, camped in green most times I've been. Stayed in the campervan field last year, that extra field's worth of walking finished me off haha.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I don't know how sound works but I am assuming that the stage can't go facing towards the town centre right (like where the Pit and FR tents are now). Would they be able to go where the dance tent is or would this blast noise across the river to the houses there?

If the stages don't go opposite or next to each other and it's like the Mad Cool set up I think the 2nd main stage would probably go where the food vans and toilets are to the right of the main stage just in front of the railway line at Reading. Then the dance stage would probably move to where the Radio 1 is. Think that'd probably be one of the only ways to fit it in at the Reading site tbh. The trees being where the Pit and FR stages are would probably stop the main stage being that side. It would also mean moving 2 stages rather than 1. But it's all just guesswork...

Edited by foolee