2021 Lineup

Just now, Jericode said:

Reading 2019 was still rife with Harambe references interspersed with yelling for Alan, Steve, and Dan into the early hours of the morning. None of these chants are going anywhere.

Ah mate how could I forget about Alan haha, I must be the only person here that is actually a fan of the chants. Potentially because they didn’t interrupt my sleep in white

9 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Ah mate how could I forget about Alan haha, I must be the only person here that is actually a fan of the chants. Potentially because they didn’t interrupt my sleep in white

Same here haha. Just a bit of fun when you're actually able to sleep. Not going to white this year though so I assume my opinion will change

Having not camped at Reading in 2 years (only got a day ticket for 2019), I’d half forgotten about all the stuff above!

On that note, does anyone have any links to ear plugs that actually work to block out noise for the night time? The last time I went Reading was in 2018 and I was at uni so had a full month to recover so lack of/no sleep wasn’t an issue in the slightest. Now I teach in a Primary school and I don’t fancy going in on the Tuesday having had as little sleep as I got in 2018!

8 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Having not camped at Reading in 2 years (only got a day ticket for 2019), I’d half forgotten about all the stuff above!

On that note, does anyone have any links to ear plugs that actually work to block out noise for the night time? The last time I went Reading was in 2018 and I was at uni so had a full month to recover so lack of/no sleep wasn’t an issue in the slightest. Now I teach in a Primary school and I don’t fancy going in on the Tuesday having had as little sleep as I got in 2018!

Can’t attest to their performance at Reading in particular, but the standard foam ear plugs from boots have worked perfectly for me on flights since they expand in your ear. You can get a box of them for pretty cheap too

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stanh said:

interesting that they havent announced the entire festival has sold out since the recent update (at least im pretty sure friday tickets have fully gone)

Readings website states that it is completely sold out so i'm sure an announcement will come soon, could also be waiting to announce it when Leeds fully sells out, according to the website there is only limited Friday and Sunday tickets left so they might just be waiting for them to go

1 hour ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Readings website states that it is completely sold out so i'm sure an announcement will come soon, could also be waiting to announce it when Leeds fully sells out, according to the website there is only limited Friday and Sunday tickets left so they might just be waiting for them to go

The Leeds website says there’s limited Fri/Sun tickets but when you try and buy them there’s nowt. 

5 hours ago, Quorn said:

I can absolutely see that side, and if I could set my expectations lower I would. But it’s the people taking the piss that are rubbing me up the wrong way. It’s completely unnecessary

5 hours ago, Rotinajer said:

My issue with this is: fine if you want to be pessimistic, but I’m so tired of seeing people try to bring others down - for no reason at all. 

you gain nothing from piling on the “festivals/sports etc are going to be cancelled” comments, cause the people making them likely haven’t got tickets anyway - so shouldn’t be concerned about the cancellations

See I do have the lesser positive view of it but I also provide a good explanation of why unless it's a response to an idiot.

Yes but for people who don't have tickets, cancellations means that no one gets to go which is easier for them to take. Like a lot of people with Glastonbury, many who don't have tickets deep down are gutted enough that a part of them would rather it not happen if they weren't there.