2021 Lineup

Just now, Festivalboi36 said:

How likely is it that R&L will happen this year I’m trying to stay optimistic but I’m not 100% sure at this moment in time, also when’s the next part of the lineup going to be announced guys ?? 

Nobody has any idea but it is the first bit of good news we've had on here in a year so you might as well take it and run with it, obviously never trust a tory but if boris' road map works and we're all vaccinated by August then there is no reason it couldn't go ahead, hospital admissions and deaths will be way down so if the elderly, vulnerable and the NHS no longer need protected then opening the economy (including festivals) will be fine

• Upvote 2

Yeah, naturally if you want 100% certainty then you'll be waiting a while.

It's not easy street yet. There are still requirements that have to be met before each of these points on the roadmap and they some steps might be delayed a week or two. But ultimately, the timing of the festivals and the progress with vaccinations should give you enough reason to be confident in it at least happening.

Really happy for all y'all that have a ticket and a party to look forward to at the end of all this. Especially the students who've had a tough old time of it with regard to your courses and exams. Have a fucking blast mates.

• Upvote 9

24 minutes ago, Festivalboi36 said:

How likely is it that R&L will happen this year I’m trying to stay optimistic but I’m not 100% sure at this moment in time, also when’s the next part of the lineup going to be announced guys ?? 

94.92% or 19/20 if you prefer fractions

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, naturally if you want 100% certainty then you'll be waiting a while.

It's not easy street yet. There are still requirements that have to be met before each of these points on the roadmap and they some steps might be delayed a week or two. But ultimately, the timing of the festivals and the progress with vaccinations should give you enough reason to be confident in it at least happening.

Really happy for all y'all that have a ticket and a party to look forward to at the end of all this. Especially the students who've had a tough old time of it with regard to your courses and exams. Have a fucking blast mates.

Exactly the kind of message we need right now. Every social media post about festivals atm is flooded with comments saying they’ll be cancelled and it’s really not the message of hope that this announcement should have sparked. I’m personally staying positive, just hoping I haven’t got my hopes too high haha. Cheers mate

10 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Exactly the kind of message we need right now. Every social media post about festivals atm is flooded with comments saying they’ll be cancelled and it’s really not the message of hope that this announcement should have sparked. I’m personally staying positive, just hoping I haven’t got my hopes too high haha. Cheers mate

I get both views but I also get that people don't want to be yet again disappointed. So to some it's easier to say it's not going to happen because then if it does it's a boost.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I get both views but I also get that people don't want to be yet again disappointed. So to some it's easier to say it's not going to happen because then if it does it's a boost.

I can absolutely see that side, and if I could set my expectations lower I would. But it’s the people taking the piss that are rubbing me up the wrong way. It’s completely unnecessary

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

My issue with this is: fine if you want to be pessimistic, but I’m so tired of seeing people try to bring others down - for no reason at all. 

you gain nothing from piling on the “festivals/sports etc are going to be cancelled” comments, cause the people making them likely haven’t got tickets anyway - so shouldn’t be concerned about the cancellations

3 minutes ago, Rotinajer said:

My issue with this is: fine if you want to be pessimistic, but I’m so tired of seeing people try to bring others down - for no reason at all. 

you gain nothing from piling on the “festivals/sports etc are going to be cancelled” comments, cause the people making them likely haven’t got tickets anyway - so shouldn’t be concerned about the cancellations

I'm still slightly sceptical if I'm being honest but I knew I had to get a ticket so!

16 minutes ago, Rotinajer said:

Exactly, you see people saying stuff like 'if you think festivals are going to happen you are deluded.' And i'm like as it stands the government are stating that a festival late August can go ahead so the only leg that argument has to stand on is that the government always get things wrong (which i suppose is true.) But I genuinely do think this will go ahead and I will take a 100 vaccines if it means I can go

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Imagine how loud the "Fuck the Government and Fuck Boris" is gonna be

Honestly a lot of people at Reading are quite rich, not too sure. i'm sure the shalom jackie will be in full swing though around the campsites haha

24 minutes ago, Dave-Bboard said:

Exactly, you see people saying stuff like 'if you think festivals are going to happen you are deluded.' And i'm like as it stands the government are stating that a festival late August can go ahead so the only leg that argument has to stand on is that the government always get things wrong (which i suppose is true.) But I genuinely do think this will go ahead and I will take a 100 vaccines if it means I can go

I completely agree, while it’s a fair argument that things haven’t gone too well so far, I find it hard to believe that we’ll still be in a position where covid restrictions are necessary over 4 months after all vulnerable groups are vaccinated. New variants can spring up at any moment, so I don’t think a new one of those (unless it’s significantly more deadly) will cause us to go back into lockdown or the economy would forever be suffering with every new mutation

• Upvote 2