2021 Lineup

11 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

In regards to Boris Johnson's recent announcement I think they will either do away with the two main stages or go all in and have two new headliners to replace Posty and QOSTA. And an all British line up, so I have a feeling we are going to see for sure Slowthai, IDLES, Black Country New Roads, Black Midi, Pale Waves, DMA's (uk based) that's on the bill but I feel confident in saying that they are going to book if they were to replace Posty and QOSTA would be from Mumford & Sons, Royal Blood, The 1975, The Libertines, The Streets and Dua Lipa.

Why is it one of those two options, surely it’s also logical to test and vaccine anyone meant to be performing

8 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Why is it one of those two options, surely it’s also logical to test and vaccine anyone meant to be performing

True yes. But I think festival republic would rather lower the audiences expectations instead of two weeks before the festival they have to announce that acts cannot play at the fests.

Aren't international performers exempt from the quarantine regs anyway? Not that I expect those to still be in place by August, probably just a case of testing on each side.

If it does end up being British only, I don't see that being a problem. I'm sure plenty of acts would jump at the chance to do some shows and even if they end up being weaker headliners, we'll all still have a blast.

Switching Post Malone for Dua Lipa and QOTSA for Bring Me The Horizon would be fine, I'd say.

International acts will be fine, I’m sure. Especially the bigger ones.

If they do need a headliner, though, you’d think that Biffy would be one of the first options. New album cycle they still haven’t debuted live, a (likely) postponed Download headlined (which is also a Live Nation event) and have headlined twice before so have the pedigree. 

Like I’ve said though, I think that big international acts will be fine. 

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

On the topic of Gerard Way, MCR being June 19th is really scaring me, hopefully its used as a trial event

I can see MCR having a chance - the Green Day shows however I think will be pushed back as it's more of a Euro Tour so can't see them just doing the UK and heading back

i know it’s said every single year but with the reported arctic monkeys 3 days at Hillsboro park never being announced (and obviously now won’t go ahead) could they be the UK act brought in if somebody has to cancel 

Must be their year soon it’s been predicted for as long as i can remember and new music has been supposedly on the way for a while 

25 minutes ago, AlfieLamb said:

i know it’s said every single year but with the reported arctic monkeys 3 days at Hillsboro park never being announced (and obviously now won’t go ahead) could they be the UK act brought in if somebody has to cancel 

Must be their year soon it’s been predicted for as long as i can remember and new music has been supposedly on the way for a while 

Could you imagine, them in for Posty and Dave instead of QOTSA. Would be immense

How I see it

US acts playing R&L on a shorter EU touring circuit (like post/qotsa) are probably quite likely to play. (So those with only 4/5 dates in the calendar)

But international artists who have R&L as one stop on a giant tour are less likely.

On a knife edge really. The festival looks like it’s going ahead (glad to be wrong about some past assertions) - but US actors / people in television have been travelling all pandemic - I don’t think it’s totally ruled out for someone booked as part of a shorter run of dates to come along.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How I see it

US acts playing R&L on a shorter EU touring circuit (like post/qotsa) are probably quite likely to play. (So those with only 4/5 dates in the calendar)

That is dependent on other mainland Europe policy on festivals I would of thought. Is there vaccine programme doing as well as the UK?

There is enough festivals late August in belguim and Holland, although that also depends if they get moved. 

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How I see it

But international artists who have R&L as one stop on a giant tour are less likely.

On a knife edge really. The festival looks like it’s going ahead (glad to be wrong about some past assertions) - but US actors / people in television have been travelling all pandemic - I don’t think it’s totally ruled out for someone booked as part of a shorter run of dates to come along.

Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of this. 

I just want 100 gecs, man. That’s all I want. 

2 minutes ago, Rotinajer said:

Got mine this week too. I feel now that there’s a good chance this goes ahead, it’ll sell out quick.

with no Glasto, It will be the biggest festival of the summer right? 

It will! Very excited now, just hoping we get some really good additions.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Going to say I cant see the headliners changing.

However I would put money on Doja Cat, Dababy, Madison Beer, Ashnikko etc going - will probably be replaced by UK acts.

Ah no can't loose dababy was looking forward to seeing him in the sun, what uk rapper could replace maybe aitch?