2021 Lineup

48 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t see why acts like Post Malone would have to pull out due to COVID if vaccinations and testing are key elements. For one, he’s immensely rich so will have had the vaccine and will be allowed to fly here there and everywhere. Rich people are allowed to do whatever they want. 

Elite sportsman are allowed to travel now, so shouldn't be any different to top performing artists, certainly mid summer.

11 minutes ago, thetime said:

I'm on the edge to book, although sadly my sziget refund came through today. 

Yeah I'm so tempted because I can't see how R&L doesn't happen now. It's so far from the 21st of June if things need to be delayed, R&L will want to make it happen, if international acts can't make it they'll produce a British line-up and with everything that's gone on I think it'll be a sell out no matter the line-up. I just don't want to leave it too late...

Every cloud though as your Sziget money can be used for a festival here, fingers crossed!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, foolee said:

Yeah I'm so tempted because I can't see how R&L doesn't happen now. It's so far from the 21st of June if things need to be delayed, R&L will want to make it happen, if international acts can't make it they'll produce a British line-up and with everything that's gone on I think it'll be a sell out no matter the line-up. I just don't want to leave it too late...

Every cloud though as your Sziget money can be used for a festival here, fingers crossed!

A British based lineup wouldn't be so bad, tickets will fly who ever they put on to be honest.

1 minute ago, thetime said:

A British based lineup wouldn't be so bad, tickets will fly who ever they put on to be honest.

Yeah I'd take it, live music seems like a distant memory and I think there's enough British acts to make it good. Stormzy, Disclosure, Catfish and Liam are all British so they'd only need to book someone like Biffy to headline and a big sub headliner and they'd be there. 

I said it back in January that we would just make it and it looks like it's gonna happen!!

This is unbelievably good news (Boris Announcement) and brings massive hope for Leeds. Credit to him aswell he's really got a handle of the vaccination compared to us here in Ireland it's absolutely pathetic how incompetant our government is! Surely an announcement is imminent 😁

54 minutes ago, K2001 said:

This makes me think we’ll probs be getting a similar tweet from reading in the next few days 🤞🏻

here's probably more to consider with R/L because of bands (more people) and probably more from overseas too.

The only reason I could see it being cancelled is if Melvin won't compromise with the line-up (because it's unlikely all the booked acts will still want/able to come).

But I reckon he'll be thinking the tickets will sell whoever the line-up has, and I reckon that'll be a good enough reason to push on.

Reckon if any of Posty or Queens arent coming over due to restrictions, Libertines will be boosted up. They have the tunes, done it before, the only shit thing is that it is 2/3 2018 Kendal Calling and Y Not headliners. Dont really care though if I'm at leeds. 

Only act I wanted to see was Queens so would be a bit gutted but I like Libertines and drunk it would be class.

Reckon we will get something soon.

8 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Now that it’s looking more promising, I’ll get back to hoping. Any chance of Nothing But Thieves 3rd down on the Catfish or QOTSA days? Big fan of their new album

I think with all the You Me At Six hype that R&L have put out on multiple social medias it will be them under Yungblud, with the Libs supposedly under Catfish. I too love Moral Panic, my album of 2020.

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

I think with all the You Me At Six hype that R&L have put out on multiple social medias it will be them under Yungblud, with the Libs supposedly under Catfish. I too love Moral Panic, my album of 2020.

I can't remember what the reaction to YMA6 was on here back in 2019, but I'd be happy with them tbh. One of my highlight sets of the weekend and another decent album out since then

Just now, Quorn said:

I can't remember what the reaction to YMA6 was on here back in 2019, but I'd be happy with them tbh. One of my highlight sets of the weekend and another decent album out since then

They were very meh for me personally, fitted in nicely on the day, but imo NBT are a much more exciting booking. 

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Sorry Win. Don't lie to me and tell me you don't want to scream Chelsea Dagger though

I'm actually thick. Gerard the Fab - Gerard Way.

Thought you were called Gerard.

Nearly as bad as when I didnt realise Hugh Jass was a play on words years ago. 

But yeah, that would be class, maybe not headline. Maybe stage opener.

8 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I'm actually thick. Gerard the Fab - Gerard Way.

Thought you were called Gerard.

🤣🤣🤣. No no, a huge MCR fan who made this name a while ago and now regrets it. I however didn't think your real name was RarerThanDandyB, which I am assuming is in fact a AM reference.

8 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

But yeah, that would be class, maybe not headline. Maybe stage opener.

If you insist, finishing my weekend with Creepin' Up the Backstairs sounds decent to me

Edited by Gerard the Fab

Surely if international acts can't come and post/queens both don't do it the obvious headliner to get is Biffy? Big enough, done it before and if they'd have booked 1 main stage with headliners as Liam Gallagher, Biffy Clyro and Stormzy that'd be big enough for a usual year. Also, with Download being in June they won't have any other UK dates bar the Glasgow gig and tiny venue tour. 

Edited by foolee

In regards to Boris Johnson's recent announcement I think they will either do away with the two main stages or go all in and have two new headliners to replace Posty and QOSTA. And an all British line up, so I have a feeling we are going to see for sure Slowthai, IDLES, Black Country New Roads, Black Midi, Pale Waves, DMA's (uk based) that's on the bill but I feel confident in saying that they are going to book if they were to replace Posty and QOSTA would be from Mumford & Sons, Royal Blood, The 1975, The Libertines, The Streets and Dua Lipa.