2021 Lineup

4 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Shame, she's excellent. Would have loved to have seen her in the tent (if it's there next year). 

I might be surprised and that she's been launched so hard she transcends them but yeah, she still seems generally the type just for Glastonbury, Latitude, Green Man and End of the Road. She'll be touring heavy when artists can tour again to make good on the breakout year so you'll get a chance elsewhere fur sure.

30 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

I hate to be negative but will we be back to normal next year unfortunately I really can't see it at the moment 😞

R+L has a pretty fair chance. We're looking at the country being vaccinated by winter, and that'll likely be brought forward by increased supply from other manufacturers. Even if it's not been rolled out entirely by that point, Live Nation desperately need R+L to go ahead and are aggressively pursuing mass testing options to make it so. I'd be confident.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

R+L has a pretty fair chance. We're looking at the country being vaccinated by winter, and that'll likely be brought forward by increased supply from other manufacturers. Even if it's not been rolled out entirely by that point, Live Nation desperately need R+L to go ahead and are aggressively pursuing mass testing options to make it so. I'd be confident.

Ah that's good then mate just worried after the news today can't go two years without a music festival in my life 

On 12/19/2020 at 9:44 PM, Ives562 said:

I hate to be negative but will we be back to normal next year unfortunately I really can't see it at the moment 😞

Almost certainly won’t happen.

Mass gathering are literally the last thing that will return, and by even next August we’ll likely be putting up with significant restrictions. 

If any ‘normal’ gigs happen at all next year, even small scale ones, it’ll be a miracle. 

1 hour ago, thatTFBguy said:

Mass gathering are literally the last thing that will return, and by even next August we’ll likely be putting up with significant restrictions. 

If any ‘normal’ gigs happen at all next year, even small scale ones, it’ll be a miracle. 

Where are you getting this line of thinking from?

The industry reckons indoor gigs will be back in September and the news on vaccines gets better every few weeks so that should be moving forwards. And it's not unlike the government to rush things back for financial benefits.

Some early-summer festivals won't happen because there isn't enough certainty to plan for it, but I don't know what the case is to rule out late-summer events when the UK is likely to be near-enough back to normal. I'd be willing to hear it.

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

In my opinion, if they can still send me to school and make me do exams, they can allow me to go to a festival 2 months later

they opened the schools in september, didn't see any festivals in november.... exams are no different to normal school time, if anything the distancing is better

On 12/21/2020 at 9:58 PM, thatTFBguy said:

Govt keep saying Easter over and over again as the timeframe for when things will be "back to normal."

Allowing a bit more time - call it mid-May when a sizeable proportion of the population are vaccinated.

Honestly, festivals have to happen for the industry to survive - as stated above - they will absolutely find a way. R+L are already well preparing for a mass testing approach as Melvin as said, and the vaccine only improves things. Have some optimism

• Like 1

I can probably be see gigs happening by october right in time for peak concert season but I think festivals aren't likely due to the time it takes to plan. At least R&L has the advantage of being late summer and has more time to plan but the government I cant imagine will give the go clear for festivals until June/July

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s bigger than just festivals and live music though. There are other mass gatherings like the European Championships and Wimbledon that the government will want to maximise as an export.

I can 100% see Wimbledon going ahead but gigs being cancelled all summer.

They will set an arbitrary crowd number which other sporting events can control but gigs won’t have a chance.

Edited by Matt42

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I can 100% see Wimbledon going ahead but gigs being cancelled all summer.

They will set an arbitrary crowd number which other sporting events can control but gigs won’t have a chance.

Wimbledon site capacity is something like 50k. Capacity of Wembley Stadium is 90k. How do they stop outdoor gigs and keep those sporting events in play? Why would they?

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Wimbledon site capacity is something like 50k. Capacity of Wembley Stadium is 90k. How do they stop outdoor gigs and keep those sporting events in play? Why would they?

I think he means its easier to reinforce distancing due to it being seated, can't really do that at the main stage

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I think he means its easier to reinforce distancing due to it being seated, can't really do that at the main stage

Righto, I didn’t get that. But they’re not going to be socially distancing either of those sporting events if they go ahead. It’s like socially distancing an arena show - it defeats the purpose, which is to make a profit. Plus the Euros have sold all their tickets.

Basically, there are many reasons why they’ll want large gatherings to start happening again. I know people look extra smart on the internet by saying “wake up, it’s not happening” to hopeful people, but at this point the hope has a foundation and we are looking at a feasible end point to this shit. And they’re not gonna delay getting things back to normal.

I think stuff like Glastonbury will probably miss the boat in being able to be sure of an event happening way in advance but Reading has an extra two months to see what the mood is. They wouldn’t scrap R+L until May/June and honestly, I think we can expect that things are going to be very different by then.

• Upvote 3

Yup. You’re mad saying nothing will happen in August. Assuming all the at risk are Vax’d by that point (which they will be), there would be little reason to not allow the festival to go ahead pretty much as per normal

Edited by Benj
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Righto, I didn’t get that. But they’re not going to be socially distancing either of those sporting events if they go ahead. It’s like socially distancing an arena show - it defeats the purpose, which is to make a profit. Plus the Euros have sold all their tickets.

Basically, there are many reasons why they’ll want large gatherings to start happening again. I know people look extra smart on the internet by saying “wake up, it’s not happening” to hopeful people, but at this point the hope has a foundation and we are looking at a feasible end point to this shit. And they’re not gonna delay getting things back to normal.

I think stuff like Glastonbury will probably miss the boat in being able to be sure of an event happening way in advance but Reading has an extra two months to see what the mood is. They wouldn’t scrap R+L until May/June and honestly, I think we can expect that things are going to be very different by then.

I think R&L is definitely happening and Glasto has a decent shot. With sporting events, you can slowly start adding more and more people in as the risk decreases, the games happen anyway so having fans just means a bit more profit - whereas with music events its all or nothing, without a 70%+ full or whatever show they make nothing.

Wimbledon going ahead (with full crowd) but no festivals is nonsense. Definitely will go ahead though crowd or not

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...