2021 Lineup

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

How do I post an image :P ? 

If this is a legit question, you could be pulling my leg, click add files under the text bit and then either choose from library if you’re on mobile or add it from storage if you’re on pc

20 hours ago, Ives562 said:

Who do we reckon will be on the Alternative stage, I'm guessing its comedy from looking at old lineups so I'll go for jack Whitehall, Alan carr and Lee nelson (Simon brodkin) 

Can see them doing some live podcast recordings or something like that.

52 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Just got round to listening to the new Sundara Karma EP. Really hope they don’t continue to go in this direction. It’s a far cry from the unreal debut album and good follow up 

I think more the power to them because they will keep alot of their original dark fruits audience, trying something new and opening up to the hyperpop scene which is becoming more popular by the day and R&L have two hyperpop acts on the bill so far being Charli XCX and 100 gecs who are guaranteed to pull huge crowds in my opinion and can definetley see them play next year now.

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Just got round to listening to the new Sundara Karma EP. Really hope they don’t continue to go in this direction. It’s a far cry from the unreal debut album and good follow up 

First was a bit too indie imo, but the second was amazing. Pretty unique and surprisingly one of my fav albums last year. Disappointed with the new EP too

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I’ve listened once and I agree, their two albums so far are class but I don’t like this new sound 

22 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I think more the power to them because they will keep alot of their original dark fruits audience, trying something new and opening up to the hyperpop scene which is becoming more popular by the day and R&L have two hyperpop acts on the bill so far being Charli XCX and 100 gecs who are guaranteed to pull huge crowds in my opinion and can definetley see them play next year now.

yeah don’t get me wrong I’ve got no issues with the genre and style of music, you mention gecs and charli and I love both. I just don’t think sunny k have done it well at all. fair play to them for making the jump into a new style but I definitely don’t think it plays to their strengths as a band

On 12/7/2020 at 3:52 PM, TheWaters said:

the second one was crap, play some weird setlists too its such a shame

i'm just glad to have seen them before the 2nd album, always had such good crowds and great sets then

Edited by gfa

7 hours ago, gfa said:

i'm just glad to have seen them before the 2nd album, always had such good crowds and great sets then

They’re from Reading but there’s so much less buzz around them than the Zons which I don’t understand, considering they had songs like Flame and She Said on album 1

I enjoyed Sundara's first album way more than the second, i've unfortunately only ever seen them post the release of Ulfila's Alphabet, they've been boring to say the least, think it's just down to poor setlists, really liking this new sound from them though! i have so much respect for artists that aren't afraid to change their sounds, even if it's not always in my taste, the three releases from Sundara Karma have all been vastly different, i'm glad that they're experimenting with different sounds and genres, although it's only a short EP there's definitely more tracks on this i'll go back to than there is on Ulfila's Alphabet

2 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

So who we hoping to see in the next Reading announcement?

I’d expect to see people like Inhaler, The Lathums, Anna of the North, Sea Girls, Wallows, Joy Crookes, Easy Life etc

wouod be good to see some heavier acts like While She Sleeps etc

maybe some bigger acts like Sam Fender, Slowthai and Dermot Kennedy

4 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

So who we hoping to see in the next Reading announcement?

I think someone said earlier that The Libertines are playing, so they’re on the list of possibilities to fill out a big slot, suppose all rules are out the window this year as we don’t know what the other stages are going to be there.

19 hours ago, gfa said:

I rated the second album tbf. Thought it was quite good just not as good as the first. Agreed though, saw Sundara in October 2017 and they played the first album in full + indigo puff it was great