2021 Lineup

Got me thinking what my top albums would be this year. Think my top 15 albums would be (in no particular order)

Phoebe Bridgers, RTJ, Charli xcx, Dua Lipa, Sufjan Stevens, Deftones, The Front Bottoms, Fontaines D.C., Taylor Swift, Sports Team, The Strokes, The Weeknd, Bad Boy Chiller Crew, The Chats, Enter Shikari

Honorable mentions to Caribou, Porridge Radio, Gorillaz, Matt Berninger & Everything Everything

• Upvote 2

On 11/26/2020 at 5:55 PM, TheWaters said:

Got me thinking what my top albums would be this year. Think my top 15 albums would be (in no particular order)

Phoebe Bridgers, RTJ, Charli xcx, Dua Lipa, Sufjan Stevens, Deftones, The Front Bottoms, Fontaines D.C., Taylor Swift, Sports Team, The Strokes, The Weeknd, Bad Boy Chiller Crew, The Chats, Enter Shikari

Honorable mentions to Caribou, Porridge Radio, Gorillaz, Matt Berninger & Everything Everything

The taste here is incredible. I've had a rolling top 100 list throughout the year so will try finalise that in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

The taste here is incredible. I've had a rolling top 100 list throughout the year so will try finalise that in the next couple of weeks.

I am very very close to saying I've found my top 30. Just trying to find the order i agree with is very hard.

19 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I am very very close to saying I've found my top 30. Just trying to find the order i agree with is very hard.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/ is a really good website to visualise it all. Definitely helps me work out orders etc. 

17 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet but https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/ is a really good website to visualise it all. Definitely helps me work out orders etc. 

thats exactly what I am using as well my friend, I've just finished it, just waiting for it to render to be able to save

In fact:

This is in order, my favourite albums between December 1st 2019-Novmber 30th 2020, top 30 up until the first blank space.

Then three sort of other ones, so Bring Me is an EP that gets a mention, KIWANUKA I picked up this year but came out November last year, one month later and it would be top 5 for sure. And Working Mens Club - Valleys would be my song of the year outside the top 30, album isn't as good imo. 

Had some sacrifices to make, Gorillaz missed out, Gerry narrowly missed out ahead of Fontaines DC and Taylor Swift. And the Springsteen album really suprised me actually. I had a load more that were on there, but I just hadn't listened to them enough. But thank you very much if you recommended an album or artist this year, it's been a tough year for everyone but music has definitely helped.

topsters2.jpg

9 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

In fact:

This is in order, my favourite albums between December 1st 2019-Novmber 30th 2020, top 30 up until the first blank space.

Then three sort of other ones, so Bring Me is an EP that gets a mention, KIWANUKA I picked up this year but came out November last year, one month later and it would be top 5 for sure. And Working Mens Club - Valleys would be my song of the year outside the top 30, album isn't as good imo. 

Had some sacrifices to make, Gorillaz missed out, Gerry narrowly missed out ahead of Fontaines DC and Taylor Swift. And the Springsteen album really suprised me actually. I had a load more that were on there, but I just hadn't listened to them enough. But thank you very much if you recommended an album or artist this year, it's been a tough year for everyone but music has definitely helped.

topsters2.jpg

Is this supposed to be released in the last year or just your favourites you've listened to? I can see at least three straight off that were out before December last year. Just curious before I do my own.

Edited by Jericode

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

A top albums of 2020 list can’t have albums from 2019 in it :lol:

I’ve literally put in the bit before I started with December 1st last year because I feel that’s alright, an AOTY list imo won’t include this months albums so they’ll go for next year sorry if you disagree but that’s the way I’ve done, I also mentioned that I nearly put Kiwanuka in the actual list but that came out in November so it’s there as my favourite album I’ve listened to this year 

10 hours ago, Jericode said:

Is this supposed to be released in the last year or just your favourites you've listened to? I can see at least three straight off that were out before December last year. Just curious before I do my own.

Out of interest which ones were out BEFORE December apart from Kiwanuka

51 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’ve literally put in the bit before I started with December 1st last year because I feel that’s alright, an AOTY list imo won’t include this months albums so they’ll go for next year sorry if you disagree but that’s the way I’ve done, I also mentioned that I nearly put Kiwanuka in the actual list but that came out in November so it’s there as my favourite album I’ve listened to this year 

By that logic, Homesick by A Day To Remember would have been my album of the year every year for god knows how long because that's an album that I listen to all the time, no matter the year. 

53 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Out of interest which ones were out BEFORE December apart from Kiwanuka

Catfish album was from April 2019.

Rex Orange County was October 2019.

Stormzy and Harry Styles are dubious for a 2020 list since they were December releases but you're rolling it back a month.

29 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

The Balance - April, 2019

Bollocks you got me there, could've sworn that was this year, taking that off the list. Fair play

7 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Rex Orange County was October 2019.

Stormzy and Harry Styles are dubious for a 2020 list since they were December releases but you're rolling it back a month.

Fuck me, I thought Rex was April this year jesus, that mustve been when i bought it, you know what fair play, needs changes, keeping Decemeber ones tho

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Think he means he heard it for the first time this year.

Yeah this, it came out November last year, but it won this years Mercury Prize if that means anything. Its the best album I heard for the first time this year.

I've really bollocksed this up, I added a full bloody year on from when CATB released. Pretty simply I'll just move Gerry and Springsteen up, maybe Gorillaz instead. What a mess

I've been abit of a dick this morning do apologise. 2021 list will be better, I've taken advice from @Andre91

Keeping the Alternative stage I see.

“Next year we're going big. Two main stages. Over 40 huge names already announced... and we've only really just got started! Keep your eyes peeled for 100's more music names, our alt stage lineup, plus more surprises still to come. View our Artist A-Z to recap everyone announced so far.”