2021 Lineup

30 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Seeing a lot of BMTH at the top of peoples aoty. I'm a big fan and own their subreddit and discord but have to say, they've never quite had an 'aoty worthy' album from my perspective. Glad to see people enjoying the new one a lot though!

Post Human currently sits at #3 on my AOTY list. Sempiternal was my AOTY in 2013.

Not quite the same but I did a Top 20 albums of the decade last year (took me ages to whittle it down) and There Is A Hell was my #3. 

people are going to hate me for this but I’m putting Taylor swift top judge me all you like ok 

1. Taylor swift - folklore

2. Glass animals - dreamland

3. NBT - moral panic 

4. dua lipa - future nostalgia 

5. Blossoms - foolish loving spaces

6. 1975 - NOACF 

7. BMTH - post human  

8. Halsey - manic 

9. idles - ultra mono

10. Gerry cinnamon - Bonny 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Will b said:

people are going to hate me for this but I’m putting Taylor swift top judge me all you like ok 

1. Taylor swift - folklore

2. Glass animals - dreamland

3. NBT - moral panic 

4. dua lipa - future nostalgia 

5. Blossoms - foolish loving spaces

6. 1975 - NOACF 

7. BMTH - post human  

8. Halsey - manic 

9. idles - ultra mono

10. Gerry cinnamon - Bonny 

No judging, just don’t ask us to play it haha.

Joking aside, I’m biased as I was driven insane by my daughters playing her, along with little mix and Lady gaga, all the time when they were young so I’ve already had my fair share of Taylor Swift, haha.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Wow the new AC/DC album is such a new sound for them, very original 

I was really hoping Axl Rose takes over as their lead singer and it's the sad/reflective album where they mourn the loss of their past members whilst providing commentary on the social divisions of politics and the "new normal". 😜

I’ve always been pretty indifferent to AC/DC but I have a begrudging respect for them. The new album is good (I won’t ever listen to it again). They’re the best at what they do, undoubtedly, and for a band to still be so identifiable 45 years in deserves credit. They’re incredible at what they do but what they do isn’t for me. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve always been pretty indifferent to AC/DC but I have a begrudging respect for them. The new album is good (I won’t ever listen to it again). They’re the best at what they do, undoubtedly, and for a band to still be so identifiable 45 years in deserves credit. They’re incredible at what they do but what they do isn’t for me. 

Muse x Brian Johnson in 2017 was a moment to say the least

8 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Talk about a band whose stock has dropped. From headlining alongside Mumfords and Metallica to subbing potentially Catfish in a year with six headliners.

I'm not sure they ever really deserved the headline spot tbh as the reunion hype was gone. One of the smallest headliner crowds I've ever seen at R&L. Also, when they reunited they subbed Arcade Fire.   

On 11/17/2020 at 8:13 AM, foolee said:

I'm not sure they ever really deserved the headline spot tbh as the reunion hype was gone. One of the smallest headliner crowds I've ever seen at R&L. Also, when they reunited they subbed Arcade Fire.   

They played academies on their last tour and I don't think all of the shows sold out. They were never that big when they were at their peak with Up The Bracket anyway, just the media circus surrounding their breakup and then Pete Doherty's antics piqued a lot of people's interest in them.

3 minutes ago, VCK said:

They played academies on their last tour and I don't think all of the shows sold out. They were never that big when they were at their peak with Up The Bracket anyway, just the media circus surrounding their breakup and then Pete Doherty's antics piqued a lot of people's interest in them.

Closed the whole festival the Reading as well, rather have Mumford and Sons