2021 Lineup

Fiona Apple and Fleet Foxes up there for me. Denzel Curry, Dua Lipa, Loathe, The Strokes, The Weeknd, Gulch, Dogleg and BMTH are probably the others in the mix for top 10 at the moment but I'm nowhere near being able to rank them!

Honorable mentions such as Fontains, Khruangbin and Lianne La Havas are probably hovering just outside.

Edited by theesundayroast

Strokes and Glass Animals for me, two favourite acts really.

On 11/3/2020 at 2:46 PM, Gerard the Fab said:

Glass Animals album seemed to go under the radar as well. Gerry Cinnamon pretty decent too

Got absolutely murdered by Fantano

1 hour ago, Pottsy2913 said:

He is a knob like, really really don't like the guy. Fair enough if you don't like something, but the way he goes on is just ridiculous.

Did he give your favourite album a Strong 3 aswell by any chance?

Edited by TKOCF

On 11/2/2020 at 11:08 AM, moz4pm said:

Nope, album of the year comfortably goes to Deftones Ohms.

I was a bit disappointed by the Deftones 😕

My current top 10 are:

1. BMTH - Post Human 

2. DMA'S - The Glow

3. Idles - Ultra Mono 

4. Vistas - Everything Changes in the End

5. Run the Jewels - RTJ4

6. Stand Atlantic - Pink Elephant 

7. Nothing But Thieves - Moral Panic

8. A Hero's Death - Fontaines D.C.

9. Enter Shikari - Nothing is True and Everything is Possible 

10. Open Up Your Head - Sea Girls

If we’re doing top 10s again:

1) BMTH - Survival Horror

2)the 1975 - NOACF

3) Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia 

4) IDLES - Ultra Mono

5)Enter Shikari - Nothing Is True & Everything is Possible

6) Tame Impala - the Slow Rush

7) Blossoms - Foolish Loving Spaces

8 ) Halloween’s - Morning Kiss at the Acropolis

9) Glass Animals - Dreamland

10) Gerry Cinnamon - The Bonny

Everything Everything, The Weeknd and Nothing But Thieves (only listened once) get honourable mentions 

and I’m fully anticipating Miley Cyrus’ to get on here somewhere 

I’m currently in the process of starting to compile my Top 20 albums the year.

I know 100% that Deftones is and will remain my #1. BMTH, whilst new, will feature very highly. Code Orange, Spanish Love Songs and Phoxjaw will also feature very highly too. Biffy has been a massive surprise his year and could break the Top 5. I’ve recently discovered the Violet Cold album from this year and whilst I’ve only listened to it a couple of times, I’m fully expecting it to be in my Top 10, it’s that impressive. 

I usually keep my AOTY list rock / metal etc. orientated as it is easier for me to compile but there’s a few this year outside of those worlds that are absolutely going to make the Top 20 or just miss out. Those being: Run The Jewels, Aiming For Enrike, clipping., Ghostemane & Backxwash. 

I genuinely believe 2016-2018 to be the three best years of music ever for me but 2019 was a year of far lower quality. I’m so glad that 2020 is right up there with one of the strongest years I’ve ever known for new music. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’m currently in the process of starting to compile my Top 20 albums the year.

I know 100% that Deftones is and will remain my #1. BMTH, whilst new, will feature very highly. Code Orange, Spanish Love Songs and Phoxjaw will also feature very highly too. Biffy has been a massive surprise his year and could break the Top 5. I’ve recently discovered the Violet Cold album from this year and whilst I’ve only listened to it a couple of times, I’m fully expecting it to be in my Top 10, it’s that impressive. 

I usually keep my AOTY list rock / metal etc. orientated as it is easier for me to compile but there’s a few this year outside of those worlds that are absolutely going to make the Top 20 or just miss out. Those being: Run The Jewels, Aiming For Enrike, clipping., Ghostemane & Backxwash. 

I genuinely believe 2016-2018 to be the three best years of music ever for me but 2019 was a year of far lower quality. I’m so glad that 2020 is right up there with one of the strongest years I’ve ever known for new music. 

All comes down to what you like too. I like Biffy but their latest showing wouldn't get in a top 10 for me.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, thewayiam said:

All comes down to what you like too. I like Biffy but their latest showing wouldn't get in a top 10 for me.

Agreed. I like the new Biffy album but I don't get the hype that they've got from this effort. It's just okay and won't make my top 10.

a little late to the party but i've turned my top three into a top ten:

Circles - Mac Miller

Punisher - Phoebe Bridgers

Pixel Bath - Jean Dawson

Song Machine: Season One - Gorillaz

Alfredo - Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist

Man Alive! - King Krule

American Head - The Flaming Lips

Ultra Mono - IDLES

Post Human: Survival Horror - Bring Me The Horizon

how im feeling now - Charli XCX