and a Run DMC cover by Dinosaur Pile Up

Also:

New Pup EP

New Salem (Creeper's Will Gould's side project) EP

New IDKHOW album

Already listened to all three and they're all great

1 hour ago, Bandit Tom said:

New Bring album has just leaked in the usual places and holy shit

It’s bloody fantastic. Every single song on it is great (other than the closer but that’s likely just because I can’t stand Amy Lee’s voice anyway). Hopefully this tour sells well. Sheffield Arena and the O2 were both showing low availability on Ticketmaster a couple of hours ago. 

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It’s bloody fantastic. Every single song on it is great (other than the closer but that’s likely just because I can’t stand Amy Lee’s voice anyway). Hopefully this tour sells well. Sheffield Arena and the O2 were both showing low availability on Ticketmaster a couple of hours ago. 

Makes me all the more pissed that R&L didn’t book them

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, wghennessy said:

I had the most random of video calls with Yungblud last night. What an absolute gent he is. I really hope he stays where he is on that line up.

Can't say I'm a fan of his music (just not my thing, although I did really like his feature on that MGK and BMTH song), but he does seem like a genuinely nice guy who cares about his fans. I see he's playing some big venues on his next tour, good on him.

23 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Not sure where you are looking but The 02 has loads of availability left. Standing is easy to get tickets and no seating section at all is sold out. Sheffield for obvious reasons has sold quick.

I'm not digging at them, I have preferred their newer stuff although not enough to buy a ticket or anything.

1 hour ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Can't say I'm a fan of his music (just not my thing, although I did really like his feature on that MGK and BMTH song), but he does seem like a genuinely nice guy who cares about his fans. I see he's playing some big venues on his next tour, good on him.

Yeah but he is just so irritating isn’t he. From his facial expressions to his demeanour, he’s like a mixture of that kid in every school who tries really hard to be alternative and your stereotypical drama student who is just annoyingly over the top all the time. 

I did think fair play to him for getting so big so quickly but then I watched an interview with him last week where he told a story about how his Dad took him to Download when he was 11 and he ‘somehow ended up backstage with all the rockstars’, so I Googled his Dad and turns out he used to be in T-Rex, so that might be why he suddenly came out of nowhere and has been everywhere for the last couple of years. It reminded me of that awful band Dead! from a few years ago who were similarly shoved down everyone’s throats by the rock press because one of their Dads was in the Sex Pistols or something. 

His features on those two songs are great but find his own music to be crap. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Not sure where you are looking but The 02 has loads of availability left. Standing is easy to get tickets and no seating section at all is sold out. Sheffield for obvious reasons has sold quick.

I'm not digging at them, I have preferred their newer stuff although not enough to buy a ticket or anything.

I’m hoping there’s a few left come next year. Depending on uni and stuff I’d either have to get a London or Glasgow ticket 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah but he is just so irritating isn’t he. From his facial expressions to his demeanour, he’s like a mixture of that kid in every school who tries really hard to be alternative and your stereotypical drama student who is just annoyingly over the top all the time. 

I totally do get that, haha. Saw a Tik Tok a few weeks ago of him and Oli, and much as I love Oli, it was just really, REALLY cringe. Could tell it was Yungblud's idea as well, and Oli kinda just seemed to be going along with it, which seemed to make it that little bit more cringey. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I did think fair play to him for getting so big so quickly but then I watched an interview with him last week where he told a story about how his Dad took him to Download when he was 11 and he ‘somehow ended up backstage with all the rockstars’, so I Googled his Dad and turns out he used to be in T-Rex, so that might be why he suddenly came out of nowhere and has been everywhere for the last couple of years. It reminded me of that awful band Dead! from a few years ago who were similarly shoved down everyone’s throats by the rock press because one of their Dads was in the Sex Pistols or something. 

Oh really? Didn't know that, that's quite interesting. I remember hearing about him a few years ago playing the O2 Academy 2 in Newcastle, and his fans just seemed to have that vibe of....fanatical, for lack of a better word. Very similar to fans of Black Veil Brides and Palaye Royale. The die hard ones anyway. Kinda always thought he would explode in popularity as time went on.

Not sure how him into Queens will go to be honest, let alone him into Biffy Clyro for their Glasgow show. The latter really strikes me as an odd choice.

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’m hoping there’s a few left come next year. Depending on uni and stuff I’d either have to get a London or Glasgow ticket 

Glasgow seems to be running low, only a few seating and standing tickets left. London has only seating left. However my friend, I do think you'll see quite a few people reselling tickets as time goes on. Hope you do end up at one of the two though man!

25 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I totally do get that, haha. Saw a Tik Tok a few weeks ago of him and Oli, and much as I love Oli, it was just really, REALLY cringe. Could tell it was Yungblud's idea as well, and Oli kinda just seemed to be going along with it, which seemed to make it that little bit more cringey. 

Oh really? Didn't know that, that's quite interesting. I remember hearing about him a few years ago playing the O2 Academy 2 in Newcastle, and his fans just seemed to have that vibe of....fanatical, for lack of a better word. Very similar to fans of Black Veil Brides and Palaye Royale. The die hard ones anyway. Kinda always thought he would explode in popularity as time went on.

Not sure how him into Queens will go to be honest, let alone him into Biffy Clyro for their Glasgow show. The latter really strikes me as an odd choice.

I don’t know, Oli Sykes can be pretty cringey too :P 

48 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Glasgow seems to be running low, only a few seating and standing tickets left. London has only seating left. However my friend, I do think you'll see quite a few people reselling tickets as time goes on. Hope you do end up at one of the two though man!

Cheers mate, just gotta pray 😂

Anyone else thing the new nbt album is class? I liked a few of their songs before hand but listening to this is really getting into them (especially moral panic the song, phobia, impossible and before we drift away) 

even considering tickets for their Plymouth show 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/24/2020 at 5:16 PM, Andre91 said:

His features on those two songs are great but find his own music to be crap. 

He's a bit mad but honestly he was lovely on the call and did a special screenshot for my daughter and promised to get them tickets for his show etc. It wasn't helped that I was a bit stunned because my mate didn't tell me what he was doing and he just appeared next to him. I genuinely like his music and the message he tries to put across so i guess that helps.

A lot of big artists get a leg up to be fair so i dont hold that against him. He's done his fair share of gigs in shopping centres etc.

Edited by wghennessy

12 minutes ago, Fenderguit said:

Me and my mate want to go reading. Trying to convince two others to go but they say it's not worth the money  We are all 16, how fun is it and is it worth the money even if your not into all the music 

Worth every penny. Just go, even if it’s just two of you. You’ll have a blast and wonder why you ever even questioned not going :) 

26 minutes ago, Fenderguit said:

What would you say to people saying they only like rap? Still worth it even if you dont enjoy the music?

I would say that, Wireless and Parklife aside, R&L is your best bet for rap and hip-hop. In fact, I would say that, these days, it is definitely a festival more suited to fans who ‘only like rap’ than it is fans who ‘only like rock’, for example. 

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I would say that, Wireless and Parklife aside, R&L is your best bet for rap and hip-hop. In fact, I would say that, these days, it is definitely a festival more suited to fans who ‘only like rap’ than it is fans who ‘only like rock’, for example. 

Music aside whats the difference between wireless and reading, what would be the benifits of each?