2021 Lineup

25 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

Obnoxious? Wow ive never seen anyone say that but fair enough. The cover last year in the live lounge is up there with my favourite live lounge performances.

Surprising because that seems to be the opinion of most people I know! I just remember seeing him on Sunday Brunch about a year ago and it'd seemed like he was acting edgy for the sake of shock value. A friend met him a couple off weeks ago though and said he couldn't have been more nice, very chatty and down to earth!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though and as I say, he's got a few decent tunes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

Quality band, absolutely incredible live. They're definitely much better in a smaller cap venue though so would be interesting to see them on a bigger stage.

Iv'e literally just found them, I didnt really have musch to listen too and found a Psychedelica playlist on Spotify. And my mate has been bugging me for months to listen to King Gizzard so i've given in 

16 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Iv'e literally just found them, I didnt really have musch to listen too and found a Psychedelica playlist on Spotify. And my mate has been bugging me for months to listen to King Gizzard so i've given in 

They're pretty consistent at putting out material which helps. Always think they sound a bit like some King Gizz but with 20x the riffs 

Edited by theesundayroast

25 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

They're pretty consistent at putting out material which helps. Always think they sound a bit like some King Gizz but with 20x the riffs 

Yh King Gizz do so many different styles as well, you have the quite Tame Impala ish Flying Microtonal Banana and then the almost stoner Rock of songs like Elbow and some off Willoughbys Beach. And the metal vibes of Rats Nest. So good 

13 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh King Gizz do so many different styles as well, you have the quite Tame Impala ish Flying Microtonal Banana and then the almost stoner Rock of songs like Elbow and some off Willoughbys Beach. And the metal vibes of Rats Nest. So good 

If you haven't seen King Gizz at a show you'll have to next time they're over. I think the second live drummer has left the band though although they really are a one of a kind experience. 

Was scared that the abundance of genres/ styles wouldn't work that great on one set-list but they really know how to make it work!

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

If you haven't seen King Gizz at a show you'll have to next time they're over. I think the second live drummer has left the band though although they really are a one of a kind experience. 

Was scared that the abundance of genres/ styles wouldn't work that great on one set-list but they really know how to make it work!

Definitely will make sure to try get tickets, how big are they over here

45 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

That's unforgivable a genuinely awful cover. I don't know how anyone could find this enjoyable but that's the beauty of everyone having different taste 

I'm a big Chats fan (one of my gig highlights last year and one of the AOTY this year) and I really didn't mind it. Hate covers that are the exact same song with a different vocalist, he defo put his own spin on it. But like you said, everyone has their own taste

3 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

I'm a big Chats fan (one of my gig highlights last year and one of the AOTY this year) and I really didn't mind it. Hate covers that are the exact same song with a different vocalist, he defo put his own spin on it. But like you said, everyone has their own taste

I'll be honest, I think Yungblud's version is better. I say this though not liking The Chats version.