2021 Lineup

I’ve had a play around with the announced acts and came up with this (if the 5 acts on each Main Stage thing is true). I’ve also filled in two possible logo spots which remain: 

MSE: Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Mabel / Sports Team / Gallows 

MSW: Catfish & The Bottlemen / The Libertines / AJ Tracey / Jack Harlow / Nova Twins 

Stormzy

Catfish & The Bottlemen 

Lewis Capaldi 

The Libertines 

Mabel 

AJ Tracey 

Sports Team 

Jack Harlow 

Gallows 

Nova Twins 

MSE: Post Malone / Two Door Cinema Club / Doja Cat / Sigrid / Beabadoobee 

MSW: Disclosure / The Wombats / DaBaby / FEVER 333 / ??? 

Post Malone 

Disclosure 

Two Door Cinema Club 

The Wombats 

Doja Cat 

DaBaby 

Sigrid 

FEVER 333 

Beabadoobee 

??? 

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Charli XCX / KSI / ??? 

MSW: Queens of the Stone Age / IDLES / YUNGBLUD / Neck Deep / Bloxx 

Liam Gallagher 

Queens of the Stone Age 

Gerry Cinnamon 

IDLES 

Charli XCX 

YUNGBLUD 

KSI 

Neck Deep 

??? 

Bloxx

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve had a play around with the announced acts and came up with this (if the 5 acts on each Main Stage thing is true). I’ve also filled in two possible logo spots which remain: 

MSE: Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Mabel / Sports Team / Gallows 

MSW: Catfish & The Bottlemen / The Libertines / AJ Tracey / Jack Harlow / Nova Twins 

Stormzy

Catfish & The Bottlemen 

Lewis Capaldi 

The Libertines 

Mabel 

AJ Tracey 

Sports Team 

Jack Harlow 

Gallows 

Nova Twins 

MSE: Post Malone / Two Door Cinema Club / Doja Cat / Sigrid / Beabadoobee 

MSW: Disclosure / The Wombats / DaBaby / FEVER 333 / ??? 

Post Malone 

Disclosure 

Two Door Cinema Club 

The Wombats 

Doja Cat 

DaBaby 

Sigrid 

FEVER 333 

Beabadoobee 

??? 

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Charli XCX / KSI / ??? 

MSW: Queens of the Stone Age / IDLES / YUNGBLUD / Neck Deep / Bloxx 

Liam Gallagher 

Queens of the Stone Age 

Gerry Cinnamon 

IDLES 

Charli XCX 

YUNGBLUD 

KSI 

Neck Deep 

??? 

Bloxx

Yh this looks right Twin Atlantic in one of the ??? and maybe YONAKA? Or could we get a special opener?

23 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh this looks right Twin Atlantic in one of the ??? and maybe YONAKA? Or could we get a special opener?

I don’t think Twin would open a stage but I guess you could move KSI to open and put Twin above him? KSI opening would be a wise move as he would get people into the arena nice and early for sure. 

9 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

i'm fairly confident that all these acts wont be playing across the two main stages even though it seems to be advertised that way, apart from the obvious reasons why this wouldn't happen (breaking the nine acts per main stage the festival has always stuck to, small dance acts on the mainstage for the first time, artists with a couple songs performing) i tried to create a clash finder and it's basically impossible to fit all these acts across the two stages unless the gates to the arena were to open at 8AM:

https://clashfinder.com/s/leedsfest2021/

Please could you make it public? Private atm

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think Twin would open a stage but I guess you could move KSI to open and put Twin above him? KSI opening would be a wise move as he would get people into the arena nice and early for sure. 

Yh that is a big shout tbf, you reckon the Subways might come back to open on the Saturday?

54 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh that is a big shout tbf, you reckon the Subways might come back to open on the Saturday?

I’d hope not tbh. I’d rather that slot go to someone more up and coming. The Subways on the Main Stage on this year’s lineup was one of the biggest WTF placements in ages. 

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’d hope not tbh. I’d rather that slot go to someone more up and coming. The Subways on the Main Stage on this year’s lineup was one of the biggest WTF placements in ages. 

Yh I felt the same I just thought because they were on there, I’m not sure then, Pale Waves? That’s much too low actually

On 9/24/2020 at 5:31 PM, wro_lap said:

The year is 2038. We've been back at Reading for several years now. The Wombats have just finished their set, 3rd from the top of main stage on their 20th consecutive year at Reading Festival. Next up Liam Fray from the Courteeners comes on stage, as they've alternated with Bastille on whose turn it is to play the festival every year since 2011. "Every single one a yas!" he exclaims. "You all excited for Post Malone tonight?"

After Jimmy Eat World earlier that afternoon. With The Vaccines and Blossoms taking up the other two 3rd slots.

Edited by VCK

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Twin Atlantic wouldn’t be above Neck Deep these days. 

Probably not but I don't think there would be much in placing. Neck Deep one up I'd give the benefit to though they did play only The Lockup in 2017. I don't follow them hugely but that is 7th usual place at Reading and based on SD for example this year they wouldn't play above sub which is the same level.

I’ve been researching and listening to lots of the acts on the lineup tonight and I’m of the opinion that not all of the acts on that poster can all be Main Stage acts. You’ve got artist on there like Niko B, Dreya Mac, Ivorian Doll*  and Bad Boy Chiller Crew who have 2-5 songs each and that’s it. None of those artist, nor any other artists with such little material, would play the Main Stage, COVID year or not. They can’t be playing the Main Stage. 

* her songs absolutely slap. 

Well yes, 17 acts on the Sunday aren't going to fit into two stages. The most the two main stage would have each is 6 and I think that's based on the opening having 6 and the other having 5 at the very most.

They last played 10 years ago (by the time 2021 is here). They would stick out like a sore thumb these days. 

No more so that Gallows on Friday though. I agree it's more than likely no though hence why they either do their own tour or take the usual stage closer at Download. They must be somewhere in the UK though given they didn't bother to open themselves still for Download again.

14 hours ago, Jericode said:

True, but they'd make a class Pit headliner.

Too big for that still. They are still doing bigger dates when they play here and Papa Roach wouldn't headline Download 2nd stage that's for sure and nor would Billy Talent. In fact, Download hasn't booked Papa Roach since 2013 probably due to the spot they would offer.

14 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yungblud would still seem 3rd down and have his logo, I could see but I doubt it. I’m anticipating Nothing But Thieves under him 

I don't think he's moving personally although all the subs for the other main stages do seem bigger. I don't know about AJ Tracey's size compared to TWCC mind or Yungblud as well as Biffy's main Scotland support even above Frank Carter and 5 sellout London Forum shows and two Rock City shows in a time when tickets aren't shifting as quick is not bad. Frank is doing 3rd don Download and already 3rd down Reading. I know Scotland is different but still.

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, VCK said:

What's with the festival constantly giving high main stage slots to The Wombats? They're hardly a huge name in 2020.

You’d be surprised, all my mates who are heavy drum and bass & garage fans, listen to only two guitar bands. 

The Wombats and Catfish and the Bottlemen. Both of which are playing and will get big crowds. 

Just now, TKOCF said:

You’d be surprised, all my mates who are heavy drum and bass & garage fans, listen to only two guitar bands. 

The Wombats and Catfish and the Bottlemen. Both of which are playing and will get big crowds. 

Yup someone at work, very into like drill and Drake etc, started singing Wombats songs with me last week. Likes TDCC as well but will go nowhere near any of the other “shit”

53 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

It just shows, people don't just shut off on music genre. People aren't just rock or metal or dance fans, if they like a song they do.

10 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

maybe but why would they put them under MSE? 

They've put out things like it before for other years:

Screenshot_20200926-154211_Google.thumb.jpg.57ff9dfb24aa45f056c1237da4b6929d.jpg

Screenshot_20200926-154219_Google.thumb.jpg.a096967dd1a267b256143b4951aee3fc.jpg

Sorry for shit quality, I couldn't find a way to download and insert files on my phone. But I'm sure you can understand what I mean. They've sometimes put the day splits in the same area, but it doesn't mean they're playing the same stage.

53 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Sorry for shit quality, I couldn't find a way to download and insert files on my phone. But I'm sure you can understand what I mean. They've sometimes put the day splits in the same area, but it doesn't mean they're playing the same stage.

no no i get that but they’ve actually put MK & BBCC under MSE rather than in the list of names under MSW. surely if they were on other stages they’d be in the no logo list at the bottom of each day with Neck Deep, Crucast etc. 

28 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

no no i get that but they’ve actually put MK & BBCC under MSE rather than in the list of names under MSW. surely if they were on other stages they’d be in the no logo list at the bottom of each day with Neck Deep, Crucast etc. 

Yeah it is odd. But I'm pretty certain they won't put a dance act on at like 1pm.

Unless they have thought ‘We can only have 2 big outdoors stages, let’s book as much variety as we can that would have usually been represented on the other stages so that we still have a lineup that appeals to as many punters as possible.’ The problem with that though is that there will only be 2-3 acts from the dance stage, 2-3 from the Pit etc across the whole weekend so it won’t actually appeal to as many people because the people who like that stuff would usually spend most of their day at those particular stages. 

If they have got all of those announced acts on the Main Stages, they’re either going to have to give the  ‘lower down’ acts shorter sets (20/25mins) to squeeze them all in or they’re going to have to play later into the night, which surely wouldn’t be possibly due to licensing etc. 

I’m sure we will have a clearer picture of how it is going to work soon enough. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Don't bet on it. The dance stage used run from early, it's always ran from early at the likes of Glastonbury and Creamfields naturally has dance acts on from 1pm/2pm daily in broad daylight.

It just seems unlikely, as they have 'many more acts to be announced'. If it was only 2-3 stages they wouldn't have released so much of the lineup. I think they've just put an assortment of acts on the poster that will play each day.