2021 Lineup

22 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Yeah true - they'll probably randomly drop it in today

The odd thing is, I know it's not strong for me but it was my first ever festival so there is still somethig in me that awaits the lineup. I guess also as recently I went back for just a day twice. Catfish day is all that's enticing me though atm and I can go to wales and get two other bands for much cheaper. Plus I'd leave after Catfish unless the 3rd stage or whatever other stage there doesn't have someone of interest.

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The odd thing is, I know it's not strong for me but it was my first ever festival so there is still somethig in me that awaits the lineup. I guess also as recently I went back for just a day twice. Catfish day is all that's enticing me though atm and I can go to wales and get two other bands for much cheaper. Plus I'd leave after Catfish unless the 3rd stage or whatever other stage there doesn't have someone of interest.

I've been going since I was 9 so I always feel a sense of loyalty to Leeds, plus it's only 15 mins from my house so it would be rude to miss it. I always get a sense of excitement before any announcement because I know i'll be there regardless

38 minutes ago, Dukey said:

I've been going since I was 9 so I always feel a sense of loyalty to Leeds, plus it's only 15 mins from my house so it would be rude to miss it. I always get a sense of excitement before any announcement because I know i'll be there regardless

That's fair. I only went for the full weekend in 2012 really as we thought the Foos were basically guaranteed after playing everywhere else on first year of album touring.

It was fun but it was when I realized I'm way too old to be there for a weekend.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's fair. I only went for the full weekend in 2012 really as we thought the Foos were basically guaranteed after playing everywhere else on first year of album touring.

It was fun but it was when I realized I'm way too old to be there for a weekend.

I think last year was the first time I questioned if I'm too old and I was only 25 but I'll keep going as long as it doesn't go too downhill and become Wireless 2.0.

On a side note, the lineup pages has been updated so I'd say announcement is imminent - https://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup#poster

20 minutes ago, VCK said:

I doubt gigs will happen at all until the New Year, at the least.

I'd say until April. I'm expecting a whole big load of cancellations for Jan/Feb/March to happen over the next month or so.

While it seems daft to cancel early, those who cancel late will have problems rescheduling, because everyone is now backed up for touring.

3 hours ago, Dukey said:

I think last year was the first time I questioned if I'm too old and I was only 25 but I'll keep going as long as it doesn't go too downhill and become Wireless 2.0.

On a side note, the lineup pages has been updated so I'd say announcement is imminent - https://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup#poster

Yes I was 25 the time I decided it was enough but the range of what they booked changed a lot and I personally think the quality of indie music on a whole we will say over the last 7 years has been poor.

I'm saying Wolf Alice (after being slated massively for not having enough female acts) ,Gerry Cinnamon, Sea Girls, Fontaines D.C, Slowthai, Declan Mckenna something along those lines... have got a feeling there gonna drop a lot of acts and change the poster to the classic form. 

Edited by Dim Sum