2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’m need of some music please. I’ve really been into Radiohead (all albums) recently, but if anyone has particularly good albums as a whole to listen too I’ll be grateful 

Something contemporary: Phoxjaw - Royal Swan (my album of the year so far)

Something classic: Slint - Spiderland 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’m need of some music please. I’ve really been into Radiohead (all albums) recently, but if anyone has particularly good albums as a whole to listen too I’ll be grateful 

I’m really loving the new Everything Everything record, hoping they get a slot next year. 

Disclosure have pulled one out of the bag, I really enjoyed Energy. Mali Mali may be up there for Song of the Year for me.

Highly recommend Discordia by Bolonga Violentia, real unique clash of sounds. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TKOCF said:

I’m really loving the new Everything Everything record, hoping they get a slot next year. 

Disclosure have pulled one out of the bag, I really enjoyed Energy. Mali Mali may be up there for Song of the Year for me.

Highly recommend Discordia by Bolonga Violentia, real unique clash of sounds. 

Yh I love the Everything Everything album, wasn’t so keen on Disclosure but each to their own.

Ill have a listen to all of them cheers dudes 

3 minutes ago, Dukey said:

genuinely feel they're doing this with the mindset of some semblance of normality from March next year - god knows though

The issue is it's going to be really hard to decide in March as cases might still be high due to it being winter and that and there obviously could be a drop when the temperature increases. At least R&L is end of the summer so they'll have a bit more time to make the decision unlike the early festivals in June. IMO R&L has a much much better chance of happening than Glastonbury 

1 minute ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

The issue is it's going to be really hard to decide in March as cases might still be high due to it being winter and that and there obviously could be a drop when the temperature increases. At least R&L is end of the summer so they'll have a bit more time to make the decision unlike the early festivals in June. IMO R&L has a much much better chance of happening than Glastonbury 

Yeah definitely, especially if they have basic tests in place like temperature checks etc

I've given up on buying myself any gig/ festival tickets until it's a bit more certain that they'll happen. With 4/5 a week before lockdown, I'm starting to realise how far away we still are.

Trying to keep somewhat positive but seeing the dates of gigs that have been cancelled/ postponed come and go do make it hard! 

Hope everyone here is keeping well

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Atm I’m not worried, I think we’ll be back to a sort of normality by then if we do it properly now.

I do however doubt I will be seeing Blossoms in March and am crossing everything that it’s done by June for MCR

My one hope for the Blossoms shows is that that some are very small cap. The Cambridge show i'm going to is at the junction which only holds around 600. MCR on the other hand I've almost given up completely on unless we get a vaccine, not sure i'd feel particularly comfortable at a stadium show without one personally.

I think everything fares on how this winter goes really. 

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

My one hope for the Blossoms shows is that that some are very small cap. The Cambridge show i'm going to is at the junction which only holds around 600. MCR on the other hand I've almost given up completely on unless we get a vaccine, not sure i'd feel particularly comfortable at a stadium show without one personally.

I think everything fares on how this winter goes really. 

😭😭😭 MCR 2022??

4 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

I've given up on buying myself any gig/ festival tickets until it's a bit more certain that they'll happen. With 4/5 a week before lockdown, I'm starting to realise how far away we still are.

Trying to keep somewhat positive but seeing the dates of gigs that have been cancelled/ postponed come and go do make it hard! 

Hope everyone here is keeping well

Yeah I’ve bought a couple of tickets for April next year but after today’s announcement I’m not going to buy anymore.

Manchester marathon in April next year has been moved to October already so I’m now very hesitant on how things will progress and I have reservations on the whole idea that we will have some semblance of normal again by March/April next year.

Of course Reading/Leeds is August so hopefully it might happen but I’m now having doubts on when this new normal will occur.

I genuinely read earlier on Twitter  from someone that they weren’t expecting gigs to be back until 2022, I honestly think people are massively overreacting. Surely we will have a vaccine by then? If not, the company will fall apart and the live music sector will have to start all over again, people won’t be able to cope. As well as loads of other industries essentially ending. 

25 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I genuinely read earlier on Twitter  from someone that they weren’t expecting gigs to be back until 2022, I honestly think people are massively overreacting. Surely we will have a vaccine by then? If not, the company will fall apart and the live music sector will have to start all over again, people won’t be able to cope. As well as loads of other industries essentially ending. 

I read somewhere the quickest vaccine even produced took 4 years - now this one has basically the whole world behind it and more resources than any vaccine development has ever had but having one available for the public by even summer next year will be almost a miracle. 

Remember as well that a vaccine is not an overnight cure, production will be a logistical nightmare and it will take months to vaccinate enough of the public for the virus to not be an issue. 

As to your second point, yes that’s the sobering thought many industries are going to be basically destroyed by this - the live music industry looks like it could be one.

I desperately pray this nightmare ends soon, but a ‘massive overreaction’ that is not. 

10 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

As much as I hope not I can genuinely see this being the case. As stated about, vaccine development usually takes years. Even if we are able to get it by mid next year, the logistics of getting this to even just the elderly and venerable will take a decent amount of time. If all goes well, we may be back to normal by the end of next year although I was saying a very similar thing back in March of 2020!

45 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

As much as I hope not I can genuinely see this being the case. As stated about, vaccine development usually takes years. Even if we are able to get it by mid next year, the logistics of getting this to even just the elderly and venerable will take a decent amount of time. If all goes well, we may be back to normal by the end of next year although I was saying a very similar thing back in March of 2020!

If we get a good enough track and trace system as well as a testing system that works in minutes that will mean life can continue while a vaccine is being rolled out. I think the plan is that they'll be one and a testing system by next spring so then we can get moving. I think that's why they've stated these new restrictions could be for as long as 6 months. Here's hoping anyway.