2021 Lineup

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The festival already has Post Malone and DaBaby and AJ Tracey and is Reading and Leeds festival so it doesn't really need to do a whole lot more to appeal to a young audience. Stop overthinking it.

Oh no I’m not I’m happy with Queens will see them and think they’ll be excellent, I think it’s a good thing they still book artists like Foos and QOTSA, as it provides a nice contrast between the fanbases

12 hours ago, jonnyx said:

Were you actually there?

My recollection was that there was an issue with the lighting rig and he got pissed. 

They then proceeded to play anything but 'hits'. So that's why nobody really got into it. Which is actually pretty funny. 

The performance before then with the lights was absolutely amazing!. 

I was and the crowd was small. Everyone piled out to head back to camp before returning for a Biffy. 

They were good, the crowd was not

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

Suppose the tables were turned and QOTSA were headlining DL and it was LG/Biffy at Reading 2021.

How do we think this would be perceived? Weaker/stronger?

I think QOTSA are a massive booking but seen a lot of people saying they're just a glorified sub, younger crowd never heard of them etc.

QOTSA are in no way the same league as Biffy in the U.K.  I’m amazed they’re classed as headliners

22 hours ago, sacred shape said:

It's looking very fresh. On a similar note, does anyone know why some festivals have their own page, while others are in 'Other UK Festivals' or 'International festivals', and how it's decided. Most of the festivals which have their own page are pretty inactive (half of them not used in the last month, Belladrum not even this year!). 

Belladrum - as an example (others too) - got in touch and asked that a forum was created here, and the traffic at the time justified it.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Belladrum - as an example (others too) - got in touch and asked that a forum was created here, and the traffic at the time justified it.

could it not be updated with festivals like APE and others appearing on the front page? Just a thought

Queens did shift 32k copies of Villains in first week, which is good going for a rock band in the UK. The new Biffy album did 26k in the same time period (N.B. previous ones did better than 32k).

Biffy are bigger because they used to be huge, whereas Queens are about the biggest they've ever been, but the two are in the same league for sure.

edit: oh yeah and they sold out Finsbury Park

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 11:13 PM, Gerard the Fab said:

Yeah I’d agree, also from glances at the Download thread they’d like that as well. I think Queens are the band in the middle, too early/not enough hits for the current generation but also too late and not many parents grew up with them either hence not playing them around the kids

Biffy are much more popular 

Yes it should have been the other way round. 

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Queens did shift 32k copies of Villains in first week, which is good going for a rock band in the UK. The new Biffy album did 26k in the same time period (N.B. previous ones did better than 32k).

Biffy are bigger because they used to be huge, whereas Queens are about the biggest they've ever been, but the two are in the same league for sure.

edit: oh yeah and they sold out Finsbury Park

The new Biffy album is shit. 32 place drops in the album chart within 3 weeks.

Queens are niche and appeal to their fans with no inbetween. You either like them or you don't. Any non fan probably struggles to name more than two songs. I'd be surprised if people knew Little Sister much.

48 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Nothing But Thieves have just announced a big European tour, including a date at The O2. I'd be surprised if they don't appear here somewhere! Sub for Catfish or Queens perhaps?

I’d fucking love it, very tempted to get tickets to the O2 gig

1 hour ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Nothing But Thieves have just announced a big European tour, including a date at The O2. I'd be surprised if they don't appear here somewhere! Sub for Catfish or Queens perhaps?

Came on here to say this - surely its not even going to be close to a sellout or maybe i’m underestimating NBT. Regardless i doubt they will play now given how big this tour is, they will want to sell the tickets for this and play 2022

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Came on here to say this - surely its not even going to be close to a sellout or maybe i’m underestimating NBT. Regardless i doubt they will play now given how big this tour is, they will want to sell the tickets for this and play 2022

They sold out Ally Pally after extensively touring Broken Machine, and have probably their best album yet in October (judging by the singles) - should be in with a high chance of a #1 looking at that week's releases.

I'm sure they want to shift lots of tickets for this first before their UK festivals get announced, then have another spike of sales off back of the album then also summer 2020 festivals.

I think they'll sub Catfish or Queens as has been said, equates to 4th down main roughly which is perfect 

Edit: summer 2021*

Edited by R Shah

7 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

anyone else feeling a bit weird about going to see NBT after the mass of allegations. i don’t know if i can bring myself to go to those shows 😕

I never really saw the full thing so it probably wouldn’t affect me as much, but I did think about that. (I have just realised it’s for 2021 and I won’t be going but yh)

7 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I know quite a few people my age (17) who listen to The Cure (or at least know the "big hits"), definitely more than Rage

Yh exactly I find they’re quite popular actually. If you look on Spotify many of the playlists with the Smiths, Oasis, Radiohead, Stone Roses etc contain a few the Cure songs. Might make them slightly more well known to the indie crowd