2021 Lineup

57 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah very Radiohead-esque in parts. Very nice. Think they said they were booked for this year but hadn’t been announced yet so hopefully they’re back

Yeah they said on Insta live that they were

7 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

New Everything Everything album is top notch, them back next year would be lovely

Feel like its a step further away from the Reading audience (and they weren't exactly too in with the audience originally) though vs the other albums. seeing them at ally pally anyway but would be nice for them to play R&L.

40 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Just started listening to Nine Inch Nails do you think we could see them at festivals soon?

Not sure whether it'll be festivals but they're supposed to be at least touring next year. Won't see them at this one, however. The last time they went down pretty poorly with the Reading crowd and it wasn't even full of dabbing Gen-Z aspiring YouTube celebrities back then.

4 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Oww I’ll have to give that a go at work next week then.

It Was A Monstering specifically is very modern Radiohead, sounds like it’s straight off A Moon Shaped Pool it’s really good. Big Climb and Violent Sun are probably my favourites on the album besides that although they’re much more upbeat and on brand for EE

9 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

It Was A Monstering specifically is very modern Radiohead, sounds like it’s straight off A Moon Shaped Pool it’s really good. Big Climb and Violent Sun are probably my favourites on the album besides that although they’re much more upbeat and on brand for EE

If you like the rest of the album, there third album is bloody excellent, Get to Heaven being one of my favourite albums ever 

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

If you like the rest of the album, there third album is bloody excellent, Get to Heaven being one of my favourite albums ever 

Get To Heaven is an excellent album and it’s somewhere in my top 200 of all time (yes I’m sad and have a list) but I reckon I prefer A Fever Dream

17 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Get To Heaven is an excellent album and it’s somewhere in my top 200 of all time (yes I’m sad and have a list) but I reckon I prefer A Fever Dream

I mean a Fever Dream is class as well, I just think every single song on GtH I love it’s not the same with aFD

It's looking very fresh. On a similar note, does anyone know why some festivals have their own page, while others are in 'Other UK Festivals' or 'International festivals', and how it's decided. Most of the festivals which have their own page are pretty inactive (half of them not used in the last month, Belladrum not even this year!). 

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not sure whether it'll be festivals but they're supposed to be at least touring next year. Won't see them at this one, however. The last time they went down pretty poorly with the Reading crowd and it wasn't even full of dabbing Gen-Z aspiring YouTube celebrities back then.

Were you actually there?

My recollection was that there was an issue with the lighting rig and he got pissed. 

They then proceeded to play anything but 'hits'. So that's why nobody really got into it. Which is actually pretty funny. 

The performance before then with the lights was absolutely amazing!. 

23 minutes ago, jonnyx said:

Were you actually there?

My recollection was that there was an issue with the lighting rig and he got pissed. 

They then proceeded to play anything but 'hits'. So that's why nobody really got into it. Which is actually pretty funny. 

If I remember right the problem was because of Biffy Clyro’s fucking massive stage set up Nine Inch Nails couldn’t use whatever they brought.

1 hour ago, jonnyx said:

Were you actually there?

No. Just heard the crowd was pretty dead with peeps waiting for Biffy.

22 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Suppose the tables were turned and QOTSA were headlining DL and it was LG/Biffy at Reading 2021.

How do we think this would be perceived? Weaker/stronger?

I think QOTSA are a massive booking but seen a lot of people saying they're just a glorified sub, younger crowd never heard of them etc.

I’m very biased since Biffy are my favourite band, but I think people my age, A Level kind of range, would receive Biffy Clyro a bit more positively. At least Many or Horror would be a big draw, I feel like QOTSA don’t really have anything that was massive in my time. No One Knows has always been decently present, but they haven’t seemed to touch the charts recently.

53 minutes ago, Quorn said:

I’m very biased since Biffy are my favourite band, but I think people my age, A Level kind of range, would receive Biffy Clyro a bit more positively. At least Many or Horror would be a big draw, I feel like QOTSA don’t really have anything that was massive in my time. No One Knows has always been decently present, but they haven’t seemed to touch the charts recently.

I'd disagree with that assessment. In the last decade Queens were adopted by the Radio X / Arctic Monkeys crowd(s), had no. 2 and no. 1 albums, stepped up to arenas... They're not coasting off a 2002 hit anymore.

I think they've got it the right way around tbh. Biffy are a safe yet unremarkable headliner booked for a festival that goes for safe yet unremarkable headliners every damn time. Download isn't Queens' home crowd, would be a bit of a shot in the dark but here they serve a purpose just as some American hard rock flavour in among the six headliners. They'll go down fine again with the R+L crowd.

Edited by dentalplan

49 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Yeah I’d agree, also from glances at the Download thread they’d like that as well. I think Queens are the band in the middle, too early/not enough hits for the current generation but also too late and not many parents grew up with them either hence not playing them around the kids

Biffy are much more popular