2021 Lineup

14 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Because its cancel Twitter thinking he did awful things due to an Instagram message. it is ridiculous, trial on Twitter has to stop and this mentality of Guilty till proven Innocent. Always believe the victims but it doesn't mean you have the right to blame someone because of a few Instagram messages.

Apparently he stalked a girl but through Spotify or something, the threads on Twitter if you scroll down his name search. It seems unbelievable but always believe victims.

Also I start uni too, so if you ever need any help or assistance with anything.

And this is the problem with social media. One person with enough "clout" could say something which is a complete lie and hundreds would just believe it without looking into it. Cancel culture itself stems from people's lack of motivation to formulate their own opinions and instead just let strangers on social media do the thinking for them. Look at how people suddenly became outraged about Bo Selecta, Ali G, Little Britain, shows that no one has watched for 15-20 years, because a few people with "clout" decided that 2020 was a better time than ever to declare them as "problematic" and so a load of people latched onto that. Look at the Maynard James Keenan thing. Turned out to be absolute bullshit but people still believed it simply upon reading the tweets of a random account.

But anyway. Fontaines DC for Main Stage?

On 9/7/2020 at 9:26 PM, Gerard the Fab said:

Cheers, Geography’s definitely my favourite subject so that’s good

Yeah exactly I think the overlap will help

I’m a Geography teacher now & what I say (a bit cheesey) is that Geography is everywhere. Make the most of fieldtrips, you will soon get to know your course mates better.

You’ll end up having lectures with other courses that overlap eg business studies, cruise ship management, geology (weirdos), surf science, physics, farmers (avoid) etc & then you might get a mentor for lab work.

4 hours ago, R Shah said:

Off to Leeds uni next Saturday, probably amidst a local lockdown 😂🤦‍♂️

I'm from the South East so will be a tough one whether to go Leeds or Reading next year 

Go to Leeds. Even if the weather is crap it’s better, especially after the main acts have finished.

9 hours ago, R Shah said:

I'm from the South East so will be a tough one whether to go Leeds or Reading next year 

9 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I’m off to Bristol for uni soon. Weirdly I don’t move in till a lot later than most, 10th October, so here’s to hoping we’re not back in lockdown by then and I’m stuck at home for another year 🙃

Oh class what are you both studying. 
And looks like we’re back in lockdown in a way anyways

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Boy Better Know are playing Rolling Loud in Portugal in July. If they’re touring this summer I could see them playing R&L unless R&L wants to book someone more relevant... 

Where dyou reckon they’d fit on the bill, 3rd down a stage 

Post Malone/Da Baby/BBK

or 
Stormzy/ Capaldi/ BBK

Just now, metallimuse said:

As one of the old boys on here, so it seems reading about you all off to Uni, BBK to support Postie would make me very happy. The missus would probs not go though, I might consider that a win though 🤣.

But don't tell her I said that though, seriously 🤫

Wouldn’t dream of it😂

17 hours ago, R Shah said:

You'' still be able to go out but no freshers parties.

A lot of the bars around here are set up very well for social distancing though so you'll still be able to go out in little groups and have fun though. Dinnae take my seat in the pub though 😜

Friday 

Stormzy                                                                                      Catfish & The Bottlemen  Lewis Capaldi                                                                            The Vaccines              Aitch                                                                                            Sea Girls 

R1: Nothing But Thieves

Saturday

Post Malone                                                                                             Disclosure      DaBaby                                                                                                      Sam Fender        Doja Cat                                                                                                     Charli XCX 

R1: Don Broco 

Sunday

Liam Gallagher                                                                         Queens of the Stone Age  Two Door Cinema Club                                                           IDLES                               DMA'S                                                                                       Yungblud

R1: AJ Tracey                                                   

Edit: f*ck sake this didn't work at all 🤣                                           

Edited by R Shah

2 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

very interested in what happens with BMTH now, do we think that the ship has sailed for them at r&l or do we think they will end up headlining eventually?

I don't think I really see it anymore.

But in the same sense if ever Melvin is struggling I think they could get the nod. I don't think the bookers see them as something they are desperate to arrange though.

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

I don't think I really see it anymore.

But in the same sense if ever Melvin is struggling I think they could get the nod. I don't think the bookers see them as something they are desperate to arrange though.

I think if in a year that Disclosure were asked again, Catfish have been given the nod given what else they are doing and Post Malone has been asked back to headline again that they aren't one of the choice then that's it.