2021 Lineup

28 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Guessing tickets didn't sell out then even with people stared of festivals and the new 2 stages 6 headliners tag?

Wasn’t going to get close with those headliners. 

If anything with the lack of RATM bringing in the 30+ pound, I suspect it will have sold less well than last year. 3 of the ‘headliners’ are subs at best, people can see through the bullshit easy enough

53 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Doja Cat won’t be subbing, shes lower than DaBaby on the poster so if he’s 3rd then so is she (or lower) but I think it’ll be DaBaby subbing and Doja 3rd

Swapped her with DaBaby then you're probably right. Tbh rap and hip hop isn't my forte so no clue how big each one are haha

1 hour ago, sacred shape said:

Fontaines are playing Ally Pally and have sold out Manchester Academy twice for their next tour and are playing a bunch of other cities. Way too big for FR imo

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yeah a band isn’t going from 3rd on R1 to headlining arguably the smallest tent excluding the Introducing and having released a class album

Aye you're right. I've put em were Wolf Alice were and moved Wolf Alice to were Sigrid was, in turn moving Sigrid to where As It Is was (binned em off haha). Honestly it's really hard to place acts with 2 mainstages that normally would play R1.

22 minutes ago, Benj said:

Wasn’t going to get close with those headliners. 

If anything with the lack of RATM bringing in the 30+ pound, I suspect it will have sold less well than last year. 3 of the ‘headliners’ are subs at best, people can see through the bullshit easy enough

I wasn't sure how it would go considering this is traditionally the 'young team' festival who aren't going to be so worried about COVID. Thought a lot of tickets might carry over and a load of new young uns would rush out to buy tickets as there isn't many gigs on the go at the mo and they'd be looking forward to next year.

28 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I wasn't sure how it would go considering this is traditionally the 'young team' festival who aren't going to be so worried about COVID. Thought a lot of tickets might carry over and a load of new young uns would rush out to buy tickets as there isn't many gigs on the go at the mo and they'd be looking forward to next year.

Aye I think R/L is gonna do very well next year considering it’s one of the last festivals of the year and so most likely to happen. After this years drought of live music, people will flock to whatever they can next, and Stormzy, Liam and Post Malone are big enough draws to get people to buy tickets to this regardless of the other three headliners (who are just a bit of a bonus).

On a completely unrelated note, Josh Hommes desert Sessions thing is pretty good, thought I’d have a listen and the one with Mike Kerr from Royal Blood is by far my favourite 

Edited by Gerard the Fab

14 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Apoligies because a lineup has just been posted but been working on this for a few hours so may as well share.

This is what I could see us ending up with (or very similar). Lower stages aren't fleshed out bc honestly I have no clue lower down.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts (some acts probs are misplaced tbh)

Leeds_2021_Poster_V1.png

Nice design mate, do you have the template for this? I'd love to play around with it.

100 Gecs as the Dance Stage headliner is hilariously great but could defo see them heading up the FR stage if it sticks about.

I think your main stage estimates are pretty good besides the Catfish run and I'd just swap Wolf Alice (who could probably even sub) and Charli XCX around.

Personally I think Doja will be at most 3rd down, if you take out Madison Beer and drop her and The Hunna down one (special guest in 4th would make more sense) you've got room for another sub.

I like the additions of Inhaler, Gender Roles + Black Peaks, great bands. Nice job.

10 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

Anyone else noticed if you buy a ticket and next years festival gets cancelled you won’t get a full refund in the T&C’s. Sneaky

smh. Genuinely if they just put Rage, Travis and Foals on there, the rest of the lineup could be w*nk and it would still appeal to everyone. I don't understand why they have booked 4 mediocre acts as well as a bunch of other shit. Sorry for my language, but really pissed off about this. As someone who likes rap and rock equally, apart from QOTSA and Post, there is nothing here that would persuade me to shell out 200+ quid. Disappointed. Its lazy and jus boring

31 minutes ago, Bigsigger said:

smh. Genuinely if they just put Rage, Travis and Foals on there, the rest of the lineup could be w*nk and it would still appeal to everyone. I don't understand why they have booked 4 mediocre acts as well as a bunch of other shit. Sorry for my language, but really pissed off about this. As someone who likes rap and rock equally, apart from QOTSA and Post, there is nothing here that would persuade me to shell out 200+ quid. Disappointed. Its lazy and jus boring

They'd book a rapper tho, having two indie headliners in Travis and Foals wouldn't appeal to everyone

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

On a completely unrelated note, Josh Hommes desert Sessions thing is pretty good, thought I’d have a listen and the one with Mike Kerr from Royal Blood is by far my favourite 

I like If You Run and Something You Can't See the best but Chic Tweetz is unironically very good too

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Thinking a lot of these mockups seem to be predicting the main stage like they're actual top 5's on a poster, when the lowest will in fact be playing around lunch time. The bands playing that early will still probably be about the same size, not acts like Sports Team.

Yep if this second main stage has swallowed up what would’ve been the NME stage then I’d expect the acts to reflect as such, e.g. the acts opening it up to be similar to those that would’ve previously been on first in the NME tent, not twice as many big main stage acts like are being predicted. 

edit: on second thought maybe slightly bigger than NME openers considering how it’ll work, but certainly not two main stages worth of ‘big’ acts.

Edited by FloorFiller

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep if this second main stage has swallowed up what would’ve been the NME stage then I’d expect the acts to reflect as such, e.g. the acts opening it up to be similar to those that would’ve previously been on first in the NME tent, not twice as many big main stage acts like are being predicted. 

edit: on second thought maybe slightly bigger than NME openers considering how it’ll work, but certainly not two main stages worth of ‘big’ acts.

All it's going to be is like Sonisphere did it. The bands they had playing 2nd stage wouldn't have been much different from subbing/3rd at the very lowest. Slayer for eg in 2014 would have subbed as they were clearly bigger than every band playing 3rd that year.