2021 Lineup

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Is it really still because of that first album? 😅Here in Belgium that album had two hits but that was ages ago. They're tiny now. Weird to see a band like that being billed so high. 

They still headline mid tier festivals here. They’re a solid act with a great live reputation. A very safe booking and a staple of British fests at this point tbf

Apoligies because a lineup has just been posted but been working on this for a few hours so may as well share.

This is what I could see us ending up with (or very similar). Lower stages aren't fleshed out bc honestly I have no clue lower down.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts (some acts probs are misplaced tbh)

Leeds_2021_Poster_V1.png

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Wolf Alice stand out as probably being too low but I like a lot of the acts you've added. Missing Neck Deep too who are already confirmed.

Just realised I forgot Neck Deep and Jack Harlow! And I'm not sure tbh. I toyed with putting them 3rd down but the acts I've currently got 3rd down I was reluctant to move

16 hours ago, NoBuses said:

Never really listened to QOTSA, had a quick listen on spotify and sounds a bit boring to me - any recommendations? I know Josh Homme produced Humbug, is there anything like that?

Personally I'd disagree with 1st song from Songs for the Deaf. If you don't like Go with the Flow then I'd not probably bother with much else. 

As for producing Humbug, I only cared about one song as given I don't care for Queens it was unlikely I would for a lot of Humbug and unfortunately too much went into Suck it and see too. AM was by far imo anyway a more solid and return to base even for the one's I liked which was a lot.

11 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Apoligies because a lineup has just been posted but been working on this for a few hours so may as well share.

This is what I could see us ending up with (or very similar). Lower stages aren't fleshed out bc honestly I have no clue lower down.

Leeds_2021_Poster_V1.png

It's the Hunna as special guests that I strongly disagree with. Also Wolf Alice are too low and Fontaines are too big to headline FR

22 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Aye Decs new album is top notch, 3rd down Friday next year I reckon

can't see that happening, none of the songs seemed to even come close to the popularity of 'Brazil' and the singles haven't really made him bigger than he already was and he was booked as fourth down R1 this year, still got time before next year to prove how successful this album can be for him though

3 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

can't see that happening, none of the songs seemed to even come close to the popularity of 'Brazil' and the singles haven't really made him bigger than he already was and he was booked as fourth down R1 this year, still got time before next year to prove how successful this album can be for him though

Maybe 4th down then, still think he’ll be there

15 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

It's the Hunna as special guests that I strongly disagree with. Also Wolf Alice are too low and Fontaines are too big to headline FR

I put them as special guests bc they had their logo on the old lineup and couldn't see them playing in a slot which would have them a logo on the new lineup. They seem the type of band to get pussy if they didn't have their logo on next year haha. I disagree about Fontaine's - amazing band but I reckon they're FR headline level tbh

15 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

I put them as special guests bc they had their logo on the old lineup and couldn't see them playing in a slot which would have them a logo on the new lineup. They seem the type of band to get pussy if they didn't have their logo on next year haha. I disagree about Fontaine's - amazing band but I reckon they're FR headline level tbh

Fontaines are playing Ally Pally and have sold out Manchester Academy twice for their next tour and are playing a bunch of other cities. Way too big for FR imo

20 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Fontaines are playing Ally Pally and have sold out Manchester Academy twice for their next tour and are playing a bunch of other cities. Way too big for FR imo

Yeah a band isn’t going from 3rd on R1 to headlining arguably the smallest tent excluding the Introducing and having released a class album

Edited by Gerard the Fab

12 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Leeds_2021_Poster_V1.png

Doja Cat won’t be subbing, shes lower than DaBaby on the poster so if he’s 3rd then so is she (or lower) but I think it’ll be DaBaby subbing and Doja 3rd