2021 Lineup

Only just noticed yesterday's 5 getting dropped, hoping Sigrid is the same day as Postie.

So not read the past 15 pages but who's actually buzzing for the festival since the announcement? Not the event itself but the artists announced so far? Or are you all, like me, thinking "Meh"?

5 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Only just noticed yesterday's 5 getting dropped, hoping Sigrid is the same day as Postie.

So not read the past 15 pages but who's actually buzzing for the festival since the announcement? Not the event itself but the artists announced so far? Or are you all, like me, thinking "Meh"?

I'm buzzing to see Queens again. Hard to get excited for the festival with so little announced but quietly confident they'll pull together a good lineup.

32 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I’m happy with it, 4 maybe 5 of the 6 headliners I’m looking forward to seeing and many of the undercard look exciting 

3 minutes ago, SteventheG said:

Will there be more announcements tonight again 

doubt it

28 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I think I'm still in the initial phase of being disappointed with it after all the suggestions we came up with when the 6 headliner thing got revealed, but it's not drawing me in so far.

Headliner-wise, couldn't care less for Post Malone or Disclosure; Gallagher and Stormzy I'm fine with since I'd have watched them at 2020 anyway; QOTSA and Catfish are probably the two I'm most interested in since I've never seen either, but as already pointed out I can see Catfish for £40 down the road rather than driving half way across the country.

Undercard, Neck Deep I love; Two Door are decent; Capaldi, Sigrid, Yungblud and Charli XCX I'd probably watch, Fever 333 as well clash dependent. The rest I'm unfamiliar with, but I appreciate that there's a lot more to be announced.

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

I'm extremely buzzing, QOTSA on the Sunday is dreamy and after seeing Catfish at lots of smaller festivals, the jump up to Reading will be biblical - literally all my mates will be at that set.

LG is a beautiful way to close the festival for me personally as I've never seen him live, though QOTSA are very much the main event of the weekend for me. 

TDCC, Neck Deep & 100 Gecs will be exciting too - and I'll pop along to Stormzy and Disclosure for a few songs.

Even if was just a trio of Stormzy, LG, QOTSA I would be extremely happy personally and happily spend £230

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Never really listened to QOTSA, had a quick listen on spotify and sounds a bit boring to me - any recommendations? I know Josh Homme produced Humbug, is there anything like that?

I’m not sure about sounding like Humbug, but listen to Feel Good Hit of the Summer, Go With the Flow, You Think I Ain’t Worth a Dollar..., I Sat By the Ocean, Little Sister, and If I Had a Tail (Alex Turner is on that one). If you think that sounds boring/don’t like it then I’m afraid I can’t help you and they’re probably just not your thing. 

Edited by FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Never really listened to QOTSA, had a quick listen on spotify and sounds a bit boring to me - any recommendations? I know Josh Homme produced Humbug, is there anything like that?

Listen to Songs For The Deaf in full. Incredible album. If the album opener doesn’t interest you at all then they’re just not for you haha

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

'Turning On The Screw' from 'Era Vulgaris' gets me hyped!

Great track I agree. My go-to for hyped up QOTSA songs is deffo either Tension Head or Quick And To The Pointless though, huuuge tunes on another one of their great albums

Edited by TheWaters
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

ReadingLeeds2021 copy.png

Would be quite happy with this tbf, deffo enough on their to keep me entertained for the weekend.

Architects deffo too big to not be on the main stage though, swap them with Slowthai or something. Doja Cat and DaBaby should probs be a place higher or something too

Edited by TheWaters

There won’t only be 3 stages surely. I find this really hard to believe, plus the uproar from people who have bought their tickets before it was announced will be unreal. It’s just going to be like APE or  community festival but with camping and a lot more expensive, I just can’t see it and I don’t even want to speculate on who could be there because it’s annoying me already 🤣

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

I think I'm still in the initial phase of being disappointed with it after all the suggestions we came up with when the 6 headliner thing got revealed, but it's not drawing me in so far.

This is where I find myself.

Out of the headliners Postie is the only one I’d be excited to see as me and the missus only get a day ticket and we went Foos day last time.

Depending on undercard though we might find ourselves at the QOTSA day though, especially if that mock up above is anything to go by.