2021 Lineup

3 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Aye, but you say under X/Y band, but Catfish are under Stormzy ffs, surely their ego can't be that big? He's one of the biggest (if not the biggest) solo acts in the world right now, his last festival gig was headlining Glasto, surely they cant believe that theyre too big to sub him... 

They are in effect subbing him, ‘co-headlining’ is just marketing, even with this daft dual stage thing

11 hours ago, 19liam75 said:

How would people have felt if this years festival had happened and then the next set of headliners for 2021 were QOTSA, Disclosure and posty? Don’t think it’d be too bad considering with post most likely to have a new album out by then and also Queens

Would still think two years is too soon for Post. Unless he does the Nirvana set in full, in which case, that booking has my blessing. They'd need a bigger "veteran" headliner instead of him I think, a Foos/Muse/Metallica/RHCP/Green Day sized act.

5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

So you're saying Post Malone would be too soon unless he plays soms Nirvana covers? Doesn't make sense.

It does, pretty sure the only thing he’s released since he last headlined is his Nirvana stuff, none of which he played last time. His setlist May be incredibly similar to last year, if he does Nirvana covers thats completely different 

9 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

It does, pretty sure the only thing he’s released since he last headlined is his Nirvana stuff, none of which he played last time. His setlist May be incredibly similar to last year, if he does Nirvana covers thats completely different 

He's released a whole album since he last headlined and he'll probably have another one out by next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BeddingatReading said:

You mean the album that he released a week after the festival and played more songs off that album than any of his others? 

Yep, but he only played 3 songs off it according to setlist.fm so definitely didn't play more songs from Hollywood's Bleeding than his other two. And the statement that I was replying to claimed he hasn't released anything other than Nirvana covers since last time, which isn't true.

13 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yep, but he only played 3 songs off it according to setlist.fm so definitely didn't play more songs from Hollywood's Bleeding than his other two. And the statement that I was replying to claimed he hasn't released anything other than Nirvana covers since last time, which isn't true.

Oh fair enough mate, don’t really follow the guy. I’m one of those that hopes he plays a bit of the Nirvana stuff 

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Aye, but you say under X/Y band, but Catfish are under Stormzy ffs, surely their ego can't be that big? He's one of the biggest (if not the biggest) solo acts in the world right now, his last festival gig was headlining Glasto, surely they cant believe that theyre too big to sub him... 

They are but they're last on their stage and closing their stage and R&L have given them headliner status as 1 of 6 headliners. I know they are basically subbing or co-headlining anyway but I think to be billed as a headliner is something their agent has probably pushed as since Catfish started headlining the smaller festivals they've not done R&L even though they fit the crowd perfectly and are a band that I always see people wanting on twitter etc. I'm not so sure they'd accept a sub slot under anyone even Stormzy otherwise why weren't they booked in 2020 but we had Migos instead? 

3 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

I still think Catfish were only booked to replace someone who pulled out, they were sure they'd say yes as a last minute booking. I don't see any other reason why they'd book someone who are headlining some considerably smaller festivals. 

Van said on Radio 1 that they found out they'd be headlining at the start of lockdown, so surely that wouldn't mean they were last-minute with all that time after?

1 hour ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Really hope Slaves are booked for next year. Always fun to see live

A much as I'd love to see them again I don't think we'll hear anything from them for a while. Laurie's wife passed away earlier last year leaving him with two young kids to take care of. He seems to be prioritizing spending time with them over studio time even with his new solo stuff which is of course completely fair.

58 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Van said on Radio 1 that they found out they'd be headlining at the start of lockdown, so surely that wouldn't mean they were last-minute with all that time after?

You're right he definitely said that. I reckon they were pencilled in for 2021 anyways (possibly a new album out by then?) and with RATM seemingly not available (completely guessing they weren't tbf) it makes sense to keep them.

20 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

A much as I'd love to see them again I don't think we'll hear anything from them for a while. Laurie's wife passed away earlier last year leaving him with two young kids to take care of. He seems to be prioritizing spending time with them over studio time even with his new solo stuff which is of course completely fair.

Fuck didn't know about that. That's a right shame hope Laurie is doing alright.