2021 Lineup

59 minutes ago, heartsink said:

I didn’t go last year so can’t comment on the secret sets but I did hear QOTSA were one? Sure I read that in a forum 

every year I’ve been ive always seen a good 3-4 secret sets your probably just missing them 

Queens did indeed in 2017. It seemed like last year was really lacking in the secret sets though. Was pissed beyond belief when I heard BFMV were Reading only.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You Me At Six are a terrible example. Josh, the vanilla frontman of one of the most vanilla bands out there, can’t comment shit on the state of rock music. He and his band are responsible for some of the blandest rock music of the last decade, both directly from them and from bands they’ve influenced. 

Their new song is as awful as anything else they’ve released since Sinners Never Sleep. It’s supposed to be some ‘protest’ song and something edgier but it’s still boring. They’re like a lot of bands of their ilk in that they haven’t directed their ‘anger’ at anything specific (like IDLES do, for example), they’ve just made a typically vanilla, bland, ‘everything is fucked’ kind of protest song. It’s crap. 

There is plenty of exciting stuff going off in the worlds of rock and heavier music. You Me At Six are not one of them. 

I've listened to some of the material you would call exciting heavier music......exciting isn't the word 😜

50 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Disclosure are a big name and one of the most important dance acts of the last decade. Headlining again is a bit of a stretch but I think they would have likely been booked as a R1 tent headliner if it was a normal year. 

Back to BMTH, in the last two years, they’ve released MANTRA, Wonderful Life, Ludens, Parasite Eve and now Obey as singles. The same BMTH who ‘aren’t a rock band anymore’... 

You yourself questioned BMTH a while back but you are the king of going back on everything and having to be correct.

35 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Tragic

Agreed!

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Happy with Neck Deep and Charli (her new album bangs). 

YUNGBLUD is going to sub, isn’t he. 

What is all this shit with songs than bangs and slap?....the youth of today!

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I've listened to some of the material you would call exciting heavier music......exciting isn't the word 😜

Go on then, what material have you listened to? Give me some names.

Youth of today? I’m nearly 28. 

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, wghennessy said:

Already knew about Yungblud but didnt want to a get a friend into trouble. He's a great live performer and the Reading / Leeds crowd seem to like him so thats a solid booking.

Sigrids boss aswell. Good couple of additions there.

Do you know what slot he has?

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You Me At Six are a terrible example. Josh, the vanilla frontman of one of the most vanilla bands out there, can’t comment shit on the state of rock music. He and his band are responsible for some of the blandest rock music of the last decade, both directly from them and from bands they’ve influenced. 

Their new song is as awful as anything else they’ve released since Sinners Never Sleep. It’s supposed to be some ‘protest’ song and something edgier but it’s still boring. They’re like a lot of bands of their ilk in that they haven’t directed their ‘anger’ at anything specific (like IDLES do, for example), they’ve just made a typically vanilla, bland, ‘everything is fucked’ kind of protest song. It’s crap. 

There is plenty of exciting stuff going off in the worlds of rock and heavier music. You Me At Six are not one of them. 

Serious rant on You me at Six mate haha I actually agree with you in a way though as you are right about their material post Sinners never sleep.

I thought that was actually a great album and the one before that hold me down was good too along with their early stuff. But as you said after Sinners it all went pretty bland-Vanilla as you said or even Pringles Original whatever you wanna Call it 🤣 Saying that would probably go see them if they were announced if nothing better on. 

9 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

Serious rant on You me at Six mate haha I actually agree with you in a way though as you are right about their material post Sinners never sleep.

I thought that was actually a great album and the one before that hold me down was good too along with their early stuff. But as you said after Sinners it all went pretty bland-Vanilla as you said or even Pringles Original whatever you wanna Call it 🤣 Saying that would probably go see them if they were announced if nothing better on. 

Pringles Original :lol: