2021 Lineup

3 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I made a real quick five minute example of what the two stages could look like if they faced each other:

1066312997_LeedsMockupPNG.thumb.png.d6a97d7f4663bfe1bbcb1f4ae05b884a.png

Its rotated 90 degrees though, for it to be east and west the mainstage currently which is east would stay where it is and then the other stage would be where the introducing stage/fair rides is i guess/ I can't see them being like that though as it would be uphill

9 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

surely people with the amount who wanna be near the front all the time (myself included) it would be a stampede and it’d be insane

I mean, they have the one way system at the front, and I think it'll be a stampede whenever a band finishes on one stage.  And you can't get the front section really if there at opposite ends of the site and you were at the front for the one before, as you'll be the furthest away. It would just mean you get a decent view even if you were at the front for the one before.

Edited by Miyn

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

I mean, they have the one way system at the front, and I think it'll be a stampede whenever a band finishes on one stage.

yeah the 1 way system makes sense but in order to see Disclosure and then Post Malone for example and be at the front for whoever is on first youd then have to walk all the way to the other side to get to the front. personally i think unless the main stages are right on the other side to each other it’s gonna be terrible

1 minute ago, Tom Connolly said:

yeah the 1 way system makes sense but in order to see Disclosure and then Post Malone for example and be at the front for whoever is on first youd then have to walk all the way to the other side to get to the front. personally i think unless the main stages are right on the other side to each other it’s gonna be terrible

I think they're almost guaranteed to be opposite each other, as they're called East and West, not one and two. It's just a matter of how far between each stage.  

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

I think they're almost guaranteed to be opposite each other, as they're called East and West, not one and two. It's just a matter of how far between each stage.  

that’s so dead man, not happy. worst part is this won’t even be confirmed till august next year because that’s when the maps come out. will be very interesting nevertheless 

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They’ll be next to each other. West on the left, East on the right. You know, like a compass. 

Uhh not necessarily. If it was "like a compass", then a compass should point to West at the West Stage and East at the East stage. If they were next to each other they would be the same direction on the compass.

4 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Uhh not necessarily. If it was "like a compass", then a compass should point to West at the West Stage and East at the East stage. If they were next to each other they would be the same direction on the compass.

You’re absolutely correct in what you are saying, they would/should be completely opposite if it was west/east. I think they’ll be right next to each other though, like so many festivals across the continent

Edited by Brandohoff

6 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

8FEE592D-263C-4FAB-AF26-9B33F413339B.jpeg

Thank you! 

An idea: 

MSE: Stormzy / DaBaby / Doja Cat 

MSW: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Libertines / Mabel 

MSE: Post Malone / Lewis Capaldi / Nothing But Thieves

MSW: Disclosure / AJ Tracey / Sam Fender 

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Two Door Cinema Club / DMA’s

MSW: Queens of the Stone Age / IDLES / Slowthai 

I’m still not too sure about Doja and Mabel being back to back so you could swap Mabel for NBT. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’m not mate just saying, the rush when Giggs bought out Drake in 2017 is unmatched, place went from packed to so godamn claustrophobic you could barely move then the whole place just emptied all of a sudden

Having been right at the barrier almost for Giggs I can confirm I have never felt a crush like it. As soon as Drake came out there were genuinely people near the front piling on top of each other it was horrendous. And then the rush straight from Giggs to J Hus in the 1Xtra was mental too

Confused how everyone is so confused. They’re almost certainly not next to each other because I highly doubt they said Easy and West because by that standard they’re both the same orientation. They would just say left and right if that were the case.

one will be where the main stage currently is. One will probably be near where the radio one tent was, although probably all more on the flat. Entrances, toilets etc. Will probably be shuffled a bit, but that’s probably the least of their problems.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Confused how everyone is so confused. They’re almost certainly not next to each other because I highly doubt they said Easy and West because by that standard they’re both the same orientation. They would just say left and right if that were the case.

one will be where the main stage currently is. One will probably be near where the radio one tent was, although probably all more on the flat. Entrances, toilets etc. Will probably be shuffled a bit, but that’s probably the least of their problems.

But then the rush from one side of the arena to the other between headliners would be horrendous and potentially dangerous, surely the best option is side by side no? 

1 minute ago, Dangerbreaks said:

But then the rush from one side of the arena to the other between headliners would be horrendous and potentially dangerous, surely the best option is side by side no? 

Would their be a barrier down the middle in between each stage? Otherwise their might be a crazy push of people trying to get as far over as they can so they can be in a better spot for the next act when there's already people waiting there. 

15 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

I understand what your saying, but artists are going to be literally rolling on after one another maybe a 5minute delay between one finishing and the next starting. I can’t see them having stages 5-10 minute walks away from each other, then factoring in food drink and toilets etc. People will be missing lots of performance time. People will be turning up late, atmospheres will be poor. I just can’t see that being the case

especially when there is a tried and tested left/right east/west 1/2 (the names are irrelevant) method out there that is used successfully right across the continent

Edited by Brandohoff

10 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

I understand what your saying, but artists are going to be literally rolling on after one another maybe a 5minute delay between one finishing and the next starting. I can’t see them having stages 5-10 minute walks away from each other, then factoring in food drink and toilets etc. People will be missing lots of performance time. People will be turning up late, atmospheres will be poor. I just can’t see that being the case

especially when there is a tried and tested left/right east/west 1/2 (the names are irrelevant) method out there that is used successfully right across the continent

Don’t other festivals have them at opposite ends as well though? At least that’s what I read from others on here. I was going off of trusting other people admittedly but thought opposing stages and the associated stampede was also tried and tested?

30 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Don’t other festivals have them at opposite ends as well though? At least that’s what I read from others on here. I was going off of trusting other people admittedly but thought opposing stages and the associated stampede was also tried and tested?

Sonisphere did and it was a disaster. Theres a tried and tested method on the continent, they'll follow it, they had side by side stages in the 80's.