2021 Lineup

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

So did IDLES tho

I really hope it's them over Gerry C

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’ve never really listened to Phoebe Bridgers but is Beabadoobee just slightly more upbeat and plays a bass instead. I like bea so if they’re the same sort of then maybe I’ll listen

She's kinda like beabadoobee's older stuff from what I've heard. Like the more acousticy songs

34 minutes ago, VCK said:

Because musically they have more about them than Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish.

Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean they aren’t good and doesn’t mean they aren’t good bookings.

I don’t particularly like billies music, and duas i find ok, but I certainly think they would have filled the headliner spots better than disclosure and catfish.

7 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’ve never really listened to Phoebe Bridgers but is Beabadoobee just slightly more upbeat and plays a bass instead. I like bea so if they’re the same sort of then maybe I’ll listen

this reeks of Dark Fruits I can smell it through my screen

I don't even like dark fruits and anyway that whole thing is just a stereotype by Tory music snobs

Edited by Greavesey

1 minute ago, Greavesey said:

What do you mean?

I upvoted due to laughing at the comment mainly cause I am from Bolton and Lancashire Leeds fest fans always adore 'dark fruits bands'. It derives from music snobbery, I dont like those sorts of bands personally. I love Libertines but my favourite act on the lineup is Queens and there isn't much else for me. I am waiting for IDLES and Fontaines. Music is music and judging based on what people listen to shouldn't be a thing, love what you love and we shouldn't be commenting on what people like.

You posted an honest comment stating you loved it, brilliant, no one should be commenting negatively on that but saying have a great time. 

I don't think it'll be IDLES as I'm pretty sure Bearded Theory replied to someones post on Facebook about how they'd be great to have but they were an exclusive somewhere. They're UK tour ends right before Glastonbury so they'll probably play that instead.

4 minutes ago, Greavesey said:

I don't even like dark fruits and anyway that whole thing is just a stereotype by Tory music snobs

It is official, I, a 17 year old who cannot vote, am a Tory music snob

5 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

I think we all do, Gerry would be good but it’d just add another similar act to the lineup and IDLES are class

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If we have four subs on that poster, they’re Lewis Capaldi, AJ Tracey, Two Door and DaBaby. 

Doja Cat third down then?

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I upvoted due to laughing at the comment mainly cause I am from Bolton and Lancashire Leeds fest fans always adore 'dark fruits bands'. It derives from music snobbery, I dont like those sorts of bands personally. I love Libertines but my favourite act on the lineup is Queens and there isn't much else for me. I am waiting for IDLES and Fontaines. Music is music and judging based on what people listen to shouldn't be a thing, love what you love and we shouldn't be commenting on what people like.

You posted an honest comment stating you loved it, brilliant, no one should be commenting negatively on that but saying have a great time. 

Fair enough but there seems to be a real music snobbery towards that kind of music these days. It's just what I like and they're amazing live too. I'm not gonna judge anyone on liking bands or artists I don't like and tbh I have seen some shite suggested in here but if they like it then fair dos. Our lass is into stuff like Lizzo and Dua Lipa and that kind of stuff so I think some people in here would be better off going somewhere like Wireless or Party In The Park or even Glastonbury if they want to see people like that because I know they usually get more pop stuff there.

Edited by Greavesey

6 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I think we all do, Gerry would be good but it’d just add another similar act to the lineup and IDLES are class

People who call others dark fruits tend to hate working class people and things that working class people like. Proper Tory behaviour.

1 minute ago, Greavesey said:

Fair enough but there seems to be a real music snobbery towards that kind of music these days. It's just what I like and they're amazing live too. I'm not gonna judge anyone on liking bands or artists I don't like and tbh I have seen some shite suggested in here but if they like it then fair dos.

I loved Catfish. I have seen them four times from Manchester Apollo 2014 to Manchester Arena 2019 (cause of my ex). They were great but the third album is the same and I dont like the attitude of the band and my music tastes have developed. I have been harsh over them but I did love them - will I see them at Leeds - 100% if nothing else I like is on for the first two albums. Gerry and Liam are easy listening with classics, I wouldn't choose to see it and pay but at Leeds fair enough.

8 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yeah, I’d back Doja for third down, possible Mabel too. 

The five acts per stage, alternating all day, makes a lot of sense and is something I can see being true but the three stages thing can’t be accurate, surely? I would expect a smaller stage or two to make way but getting rid of all but three would be a massive jump. 

2 minutes ago, Greavesey said:

People who call others dark fruits tend to hate working class people and things that working class people like. Proper Tory behaviour.

I use the Dark Fruits moniker because it’s funny and accurate. It is light hearted, though. I don’t actually look down on those people (too much). 

4 minutes ago, stanh said:

Megan Thee Stallion, Dua Lipa, Lizzo, Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Lorde, Clairo, Charli XCX, King Princess, Ella Mai, Kehlani, Chloe X Halle, Haim, St. Vincent, Rina Sawayama, Empress Of, Kali Uchis, Jorja Smith, Raye, FKA Twigs, Kilo Kish, Kacy Hill, Saweetie, City Girls, Halsey, Becky Hill, etc... All some names which could be booked at the very top of my head, and that I think would go down well, especially with the current crowd that attends Leeds and Reading, granted Billie, Dua etc (Billie especially) are headline level, but there are countless names that could be booked... Really annoying me that in this first announcement these artists have been completely overlooked, especially considering the amount of backlash the 2020 lineup got, I would've liked to have hoped they learnt from that... Hopefully the second announcement has a least some more female representation, as the talent AND fan base are both there.

Tbf most of them aren't big enough to headline so they could still be announced 👀

And like I said there's loads of festivals where you can catch that kind of music if you're into pop music 😊 Our lass has been to Wireless and Party In The Park a few times because she's big on her pop and she says she's loved it.

All about the music though man.

Edited by Greavesey

17 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

She's kinda like beabadoobee's older stuff from what I've heard. Like the more acousticy songs

I’d say Bridgers is more indie folk and Bea more indie rock. Both of their ealier stuff has a kind of ‘soft’ sound but their most recent works are very different.

Chances of Sam Fender returning or is it wishful thinking? Should be seeing him at Killers anyway but wouldn’t turn down seeing him twice.

2 minutes ago, Greavesey said:

How tf did you work that out, I’ve seen Blossoms 5 times and have numerous indie albums. I love the fucking Smiths and Stone Roses. It’s just the way you describe that sort of music, I think of that and I think of flares (the dangerous ones) and Stone Island I do apologise 

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

How tf did you work that out, I’ve seen Blossoms 5 times and have numerous indie albums. I love the fucking Smiths and Stone Roses. It’s just the way you describe that sort of music, I think of that and I think of flares (the dangerous ones) and Stone Island I do apologise 

Fair dos. I love Blossoms but haven't even seen them that many times! Hope they come back, always top live

Roses and Smiths are two of my favourites as well though no chance of them reforming. I don't think many fests would want to book Moz now which is a shame as he still has it live, saw him just before lockdown in Leeds Arena and he was amazing

Edited by Greavesey

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, I’d back Doja for third down, possible Mabel too. 

Reckon IDLES could slot in there 

3 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Chances of Sam Fender returning or is it wishful thinking? Should be seeing him at Killers anyway but wouldn’t turn down seeing him twice.

And could Fender be 3rd down

8 minutes ago, Greavesey said:

Bit small minded that, there’s loads of middle class dark fruit types. 

It is funny that the dark fruit types get bullied now for not being arty enough, when it was the other way round in the old days. 

It is all sad snobbery though, like what you like and don’t judge others for liking what they like

Just now, stanh said:

yeah yeah exactly, thats what im hoping for..

and yeah, not all the artists i listed are soley pop, so like literally any of those (or others ive missed) will do! i just find it so odd that people on here are saying 'tHe tAleNt iSnT thEre' 'theY cANt shiFt tiCKetS' etc..  even wireless though as you say, they also very much have a gender issue, granted it is harder for them with there being less female names in rap/r&b, and those artists not always being active, but for RandL, the pool of artists is huge, and there isnt really any excuses that they arent booking these sorts of names in the first place, fingers crossed for announcement 2! like im not asking for a full female lineup, just some more diversity would really be great, and suited for the current culture and climate in both the festival, and the music industry. (sorry for going on a bit of a tangent ahah)

I don't even really think about diversity tbh. If the music's good, the music's good. I'd have quite liked Wolf Alice, Skepta and Florence on the lineup because they all have some great songs but it is what it is I guess.