2021 Lineup

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Also fairplay man. Seems like you had good info. We all doubted it because it sounded like complete arse. I guess it still is complete arse because none of us would have guessed those three in the circumstances we were in!

@WhoOdyssey told us the lineup way in advance!

I also knew about the 2 stages thing about a week before but I thought that would be arse as well 😂

That being said, my source also says The Pit has been axed

The Pit being axed would be a shame but it’s something I’ve been calling happening for a few years now, since at least 2016. 

I’ve quickly put this together out of what we have and what I’m expecting to come: 

MSE: Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Doja Cat 

MSW: Catfish and the Bottlemen / Two Door Cinema Club / Mabel 

MSE: Post Malone / DaBaby / Nothing But Thieves 

MSW: Disclosure / AJ Tracey / Sam Fender 

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / DMA’s 

MSW: Queens of the Stone Age / IDLES / Enter Shikari 

4 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I also knew about the 2 stages thing about a week before but I thought that would be arse as well 😂

That being said, my source also says The Pit has been axed

Doesn’t surprise me - someone said earlier that Reading have axed all indoor stages which would make sense.

Just now, Matt42 said:

That Saturday will sell out easy if it’s Lewis into Post. Pretty big bookings that.

For sure. Reading will sell out entirely as it always does. 

Stormzy, Migos
Liam Gallagher, Gerry Cinnamon
Rage Against The Machine, The Courteeners

Stormzy, Catfish & The Bottlemen
Post Malone, Disclosure
Liam Gallagher, Queens of the Stone Age

Treating this year's set as headliners/subs - let's face it, other than probably an extra 15mins that's essentially what they are, I'd argue the latter of these is stronger. Forgetting all marketing spiel - 2021 I think is a better set.

Personal tastes aside, and I'm as gutted as we all are to lose Rage, but Post Malone will draw a bigger crowd. 

45 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I'm still baffled by the fact that literally no-one is complaining about Liam being headliner and even playing after QOTSA. What playing some covers of your former band can do. 

You get that with most acts though. No one was complaining that much when Paul McCartney got announced for Glasto last year (and the majority I had seen were more that he was past it rather than that he'd be playing Beatles songs)

10 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Not listened to much QOTSA or Disclosure before so if anyone has any suggestions on some tracks / albums to start with it would be appreciated! 

I'd dive right into Rated R, Songs for the Deaf and ...Like Clockwork for Queens. You can't go wrong with pretty much all of the tracks on those. Song For The Dead is the essential Queens song. So good.

Edited by JSmurphy
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Not listened to much QOTSA or Disclosure before so if anyone has any suggestions on some tracks / albums to start with it would be appreciated! 

For Disclosure just chuck on their first album - Settle is one of if not the best electronic album of the 2010s.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Daniel P. Carter was still bigging up the lineup and he books the Pit so I would be a bit surprised to see it go from that sense 

I mean the pit might be scrapped but he might have a cool new outdoor stage he gets to host or something.

Just now, VCK said:

Re: BMTH. Do they have any plans for next year? Could be that they’re taking a year or two out so might not be touring anyway.

Or this one. The festival doesn’t want them, or they consider themselves bigger than what R&L offer them.

Edited by Matt42

Quite sad looking at the reaction to this set of headliners compared to when Rage was announced. Actually quite staggering to be honest.

1 hour ago, Dangerbreaks said:

For Queens, definitely give Songs for the Deaf a listen, some great songs on that album. Stand out singles from other albums for me would have to be 'Feel Good Hit Of The Summer', 'Little Sister', 'I Sat By The Ocean', and 'The Way You Used To Do'. Hopefully you enjoy!

Edited by Pottsy2913

57 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I'm still baffled by the fact that literally no-one is complaining about Liam being headliner and even playing after QOTSA. What playing some covers of your former band can do. 

I imagine they mostly go off "how big a crowd has act x" historically drawn, and then you look at how packed the Other Stage field was a Glasto in 2017, and the big crowd on the Pyramid for him last year and there's no real argument for not having him headline except irrelevant or anecdotal arguments—Liam would draw (and has drawn at other festivals) a headliner sized crowd, therefore he's big enough to be booked as a headliner, it's not much more complicated than that.