2021 Lineup

8 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I know there has been some weird shouts for headliners, but Miley Cyrus? Come on now people, let's just all relax a bit

miley cyrus defo could do it imo, she’s a little bit more alternative and edgy than she was in 2010. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Gutted about BMTH though. It feels like it was now or never or them.

honestly, heart sank when they weren’t announced. they would have absolutely smashed it, especially with their new production and songs, huge shame. think it’s never gonna happen but 2022 is well and truly their last shot

watching the disclosure set from 2016 and am very impressed, think theyre a very fun surprise that nobody expected. that sunday night at leeds with them and post malone will be very very good imo. very excited for all the headliners, i just think i could’ve been more excited had we seen some more exciting acts such as BMTH, Billie, Dua

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, foolee said:

I don’t understand the Melvin Benn interview in NME. 6 headliners, 1 returning and none have headlined before. Why lie? Like he didn’t need to say that... It sets them up for a fail as you’re expecting something different to get Disclosure, Queens and Post Malone.

Echo what others have said about glorified subs because that’s all it is. 

I’m pretty shocked that they’ve hyped up 6 headliners and not got a female headliner. Was really expecting Billie Eilish or Bring Me The Horizon too.

Yeah, he also said that he didn’t want to be like other festivals who’ve just moved their line ups from 2020 to 2021 but, headliner wise, he’s moved Stormzy and Liam over and the only reason he hasn’t moved Rage is because they aren’t available.

Very strange interview.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, he also said that he didn’t want to be like other festivals who’ve just moved their line ups from 2020 to 2021 but, headliner wise, he’s moved Stormzy and Liam over and the only reason he hasn’t moved Rage is because they aren’t available.

Very strange interview.

I really don’t get it, still thinking about it and I can’t get my head around it. The way he spoke about it made it sound so much better and more interesting than once it was announced, it is just a very standard R&L lineup with pretty much every headliner a repeat rather than trying some fresh headliners. It’s mad to think we were mentioning Billie Eilish, Travis Scott, BMTH, Slipknot, Dua Lipa and Tame Impala as potential headliners now there are 6 😂

I agree as a set of headliners it’s alright, I missed Post in 2019 coz I went home, pretty poor he’s back again but I’ll see him. Other 5 I’m up for. 
next year is Bring Mes last chance, if it’s 6 again can definitely see them being one if it’s 3 then who knows.

and QOTSA should definitely be closing over LG, he may play Oasis songs but still it’s always the heavier act on a Sunday so that’s a bit annoying 

I’m going whatever just hope a couple more acts come on the poster to make it a bit better

5 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I agree as a set of headliners it’s alright, I missed Post in 2019 coz I went home, pretty poor he’s back again but I’ll see him. Other 5 I’m up for. 
next year is Bring Mes last chance, if it’s 6 again can definitely see them being one if it’s 3 then who knows.

and QOTSA should definitely be closing over LG, he may play Oasis songs but still it’s always the heavier act on a Sunday so that’s a bit annoying 

I’m going whatever just hope a couple more acts come on the poster to make it a bit better

Not always. Libertines and KOL.

11 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

What annoys me is co-headliners were classed as headliners in their own right before by the festival and now they’re acting as if they are brand new headliners etc. They just change it to suit them, acting as if we’re stupid. 

As if coheadliners and having two headliners on the same day with no clashes isn’t virtually the same thing.

22 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I'm still baffled by the fact that literally no-one is complaining about Liam being headliner and even playing after QOTSA. What playing some covers of your former band can do. 

"Some covers of your former band".. The biggest British post-Beatles band yeah. Not "some covers", but Live forever, Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall a.k.a. some of the best songs from Britain ever, according to the people.

And his solo albums were #1's in the UK too. Even a live-album. 

The man is a legend.

Edited by RubenFrusciante

Just now, RubenFrusciante said:

"Some covers of your former band".. The biggest British post-Beatles band yeah. Not "some covers", but Live forever, Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall a.k.a. some of the best songs from Britain ever, according to the people.

And his own albums were #1's in the UK too. Even a live-album. 

The man is a legend.

Sigh. 

I'm not even talking about the covers being good songs. And I'm not even going to react on that biggest British post-Beatles thing. 

5 minutes ago, RubenFrusciante said:

And his own albums were #1's in the UK too. Even a live-album. 

The man is a legend.

Led Zeppelin might want a word about being the biggest British band post-The Beatles. Pink Floyd, Queen and a host of others might be behind them in queue too. 

It doesn’t matter how much you like the songs, they are still just covers. 

Edited by Andre91

5 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Given it's not a windup, I really want to know where my friend got Disclosure/Post/Queens of the Stone Age from 😅

Also fairplay man. Seems like you had good info. We all doubted it because it sounded like complete arse. I guess it still is complete arse because none of us would have guessed those three in the circumstances we were in!

@WhoOdyssey told us the lineup way in advance!

Edited by Matt42

Capaldi, TDCC, AJ and DaBaby are going to four of the subs, right? I’m going for Gerry (LG’s) and IDLES (QOTSA’s) as the other two.

I’d expect Doja to play third down and possibly Mabel too. 

With this no clashes thing, is that just for the headliners or for all acts on the main stage, as the promo says ‘no Main Stage clashes’. 

Also, has it been established what’s going on with where the stages are going to be situated, are they going to be side by side? 

We're already ahead of schedule for announcements. I imagine we'll hear more names in October or November, with the full lineup taking shape early 2021. They'll be no panic at all from their end - this is pretty uninspired albeit reliable sextuple and Two Door Cinema Club and Lewis Capaldi are sound for a 'sub' position. 

I think we might end up with this:

MAIN STAGE EAST FRIDAY 27TH AUGUST
Stormzy (#1), Two Door Cinema Club (#3)
MAIN STAGE WEST FRIDAY 27TH AUGUST
Catfish & The Bottlemen (#2), AJ Tracey (#4)

MAIN STAGE EAST SATURDAY 28TH AUGUST
Post Malone (#1), Lewis Capaldi, (#3)
MAIN STAGE WEST SATURDAY 28TH AUGUST
Disclosure (#2), All Time Low (#4)

MAIN STAGE EAST SUNDAY 29TH AUGUST
Liam Gallagher (#1), The Courteeners (#3)
MAIN STAGE WEST SUNDAY 29TH AUGUST
Queens of the Stone Age (#2), Yungblud (#4)

Edited by JSmurphy

Just now, Andre91 said:

Capaldi, TDCC, AJ and DaBaby are going to four of the subs, right? I’m going for Gerry (LG’s) and IDLES (QOTSA’s) as the other two.

I’d expect Doja to play third down and possibly Mabel too. 

With this no clashes thing, is that just for the headliners or for all acts on the main stage, as the promo says ‘no Main Stage clashes’. 

Also, has it been established what’s going on with where the stages are going to be situated, are they going to be side by side? 

Dan said 4 subs were being announced today so yeah. They sound like subs to me.

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

We're already ahead of schedule for announcements. I imagine we'll hear more names in October or November, with the full lineup taking shape early 2021. They'll be no panic at all from their end - this is pretty uninspired albeit reliable sextuple and Two Door Cinema Club and Lewis Capaldi are sound for a 'sub' position. 

I think we might end up with this:

MAIN STAGE EAST FRIDAY 27TH AUGUST
Stormzy (#1), Two Door Cinema Club (#3)
Catfish & The Bottlemen (#2), AJ Tracey (#4)

MAIN STAGE EAST SATURDAY 28TH AUGUST
Post Malone (#1), Lewis Capaldi, (#3)
Disclosure (#2), All Time Low (#4)

MAIN STAGE EAST SUNDAY 29TH AUGUST
Liam Gallagher (#1), The Courteeners (#3)
Queens of the Stone Age (#2), Yungblud (#4)

That Saturday will sell out easy if it’s Lewis into Post. Pretty big bookings that.