2021 Lineup

Yep, not impressed. I don't even dislike Post Malone, LG and Catfish, but they are REALLY dull bookings (Post not so much, it's just he only recently headlined that it's dull). The fact that we lost Rage is an absolute travesty, it really is. Festival Republic better break the bank to get them in 2022, I swear to God.

Queens are the highlight though, and a day ticket will have to be considered for them.

I'll see you all in the pit for a bit of "C--C-C-C-C-COCAINE!"

I don’t understand the Melvin Benn interview in NME. 6 headliners, 1 returning and none have headlined before. Why lie? Like he didn’t need to say that... It sets them up for a fail as you’re expecting something different to get Disclosure, Queens and Post Malone.

Echo what others have said about glorified subs because that’s all it is. 

I’m pretty shocked that they’ve hyped up 6 headliners and not got a female headliner. Was really expecting Billie Eilish or Bring Me The Horizon too.

1 hour ago, Diamond24 said:

I'm really going to miss the Radio 1 stage. Such an electric atmosphere in there when there's a big gig. Hard to replicate that with a second main stage. 

17 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Is there no chance of the R1 Stage? They had some pretty good ones lined up this year on that stage.

Also, lets say I wanted a good place for QOTSA so I watched their sub, would I have to wait upwards of 2h for Liam to do his set? It seems like a really long time to wait for a sub to headliner. It's like they want to maximise crowd tidal waves and minimise people waiting for acts on the main stage.

And if I don't like the act that is playing on the main stage there isn't really anywhere else to go? Like before I'd have the option of the Main, R1 and FR, which covered pretty much my whole weekends clashfinder. But if it's someone I don't want to see on the Main, I haven't really got many options. 

I reckon that theyve had a heads up from the government that there is a possibility that festivals will be allowed next year with outdoor stages only. Even if not it's a completely reasonable thing to plan for and it could put them at a big advantage over those festivals which have already announced based on "business as usual" which it is very unlikely to be. Those will either need to change their sites at great expense but short notice, or drop acts. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

9 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Yep, not impressed. I don't even dislike Post Malone, LG and Catfish, but they are REALLY dull bookings (Post not so much, it's just he only recently headlined that it's dull). The fact that we lost Rage is an absolute travesty, it really is. Festival Republic better break the bank to get them in 2022, I swear to God.

Queens are the highlight though, and a day ticket will have to be considered for them.

I'll see you all in the pit for a bit of "C--C-C-C-C-COCAINE!"

Odds on taking everything mentioned in the song 

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

it’s not quite the spin kicking someone to bullet in the head in the pit like I’d hoped for but I’ll take it.

Whether is is (hopefully) a UK show next year or R+L 2022 (hopefully), it will happen someday my friend. I'll volunteer to take the kick as tribute.

It’s basically 6 co-heads isn’t it and even presented that way on the poster, either the bigger names top each night. 

You know which stage will be finishing later too. 

Basically we’re gonna have two diluted main stages all the way down ‘subs’ will now in effect 3rds etc...etc...

2 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Seen someone on twitter suggest that it’s an outrage that LG and Catfish are headlining over artists like Selena Gomez, Jesse J, Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus....

Honestly would take Miles Cyrus over Post Malone, her song with Mark Ronson is class

1 minute ago, Benj said:

It’s basically 6 co-heads isn’t it and even presented that way on the poster, either the bigger names top each night. 

Basically we’re gonna have two diluted main stages all the way down ‘subs’ will now in effect 3rds etc...etc...

I’d argue Queens of the Stone Age could close tbh, switch up the final stage last day

20 minutes ago, foolee said:

I don’t understand the Melvin Benn interview in NME. 6 headliners, 1 returning and none have headlined before. Why lie? Like he didn’t need to say that... It sets them up for a fail as you’re expecting something different to get Disclosure, Queens and Post Malone.

Echo what others have said about glorified subs because that’s all it is. 

I’m pretty shocked that they’ve hyped up 6 headliners and not got a female headliner. Was really expecting Billie Eilish or Bring Me The Horizon too.

Is he counting co-headliners as different to full headliners, hence "none have headlined before"? Bit slippery

Anyone know whether the main stages clash? Probably already been answered before but don't fancy trawling through the thread

13 minutes ago, Benj said:

Was thinking this. Basically one of the subs will be playing at about 5 or 6pm, around the time 4th down acts are usually on.

Edited by VCK

9 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Whether is is (hopefully) a UK show next year or R+L 2022 (hopefully), it will happen someday my friend. I'll volunteer to take the kick as tribute.

you’d get an upvote if I had any left mate haha, that’s what we like to hear roll on U.K. show 2021 or R&L 2022 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayden2304 said:

I'm gonna go to Leeds for the first time. Am I going to have to buy my tickets at 9am Thursday on the dot or will they not sell out by then? Also my pals dad owns a flat in leeds, would we be able to buy a week's pass without camping? 

Despite the branding, Leeds Festival is in the countryside near Wetherby, it wouldn't be a quick commute.

It’s a weak set of headliners but overall I think it’s a pretty great set for the festival. 

I know that Post is a huge ticket shifter and drew the biggest headline crowd I’ve seen at the festival last year so that’s why he’s back headlining again but I just don’t think that two years is enough turn around for a headliner. His general omnipresence has soured me on him anyway, I’m fed up of the guy :lol:

I know I’ll end up going and I’m really looking forward to Disclosure as I missed them back in 2016 and QOTSA will be a great time. 100 gecs is the best booking on the lineup so far and I’m looking forward to seeing Doja too. 

There’s plenty, plenty more acts to come so I’m sure there will be loads more I’ll want to see too. 

Gutted about BMTH though. It feels like it was now or never or them.