2021 Lineup

Just now, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Well we would have been less convinced if Melvin had of said it was 2 from last year and 3 who have headlined before 🤷‍♂️

True very true I actually can't get my head around this first announcement, it condraditcs Melvin saying none have headlined before bar one. Have faith in the second wave of acts always brings a bit of quality 

1 minute ago, Dukey said:

The thing that blags my head is why Melvin lied about only one headliner rebooked from this year 

Yeah as well as none of them having headlined before. I mean, I know they co-headlined, but isn’t that exactly what they’re doing this year as well? Just needless outright lies.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah as well as none of them having headlined before. I mean, I know they co-headlined, but isn’t that exactly what they’re doing this year as well? Just needless outright lies.

Melvin in sep 2021: "We've booked 3 headliners for 2022 as we head back in to the normal stage setup. These 3 headliners have never headlined before"

Mar 2022 headliners announced: Post Malone, Liam Gallagher and Stormzy 

1 minute ago, Stuielooie said:

Are the smaller festivals going to be impacted by Catfish playing Reading? Swear they were meant to be playing neighbourhood, truck etc 

Can see them not headlining Truck anymore next year. Probably be a straight swap for courteeners lmao

2 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Are the smaller festivals going to be impacted by Catfish playing Reading? Swear they were meant to be playing neighbourhood, truck etc 

Neighbourhood have already confirmed that they’re headlining. I find it mad that they’re headlining both really considering the sheer difference in size between the two 

46 minutes ago, Jayden2304 said:

I'm gonna go to Leeds for the first time. Am I going to have to buy my tickets at 9am Thursday on the dot or will they not sell out by then? Also my pals dad owns a flat in leeds, would we be able to buy a week's pass without camping? 

I think you'll be able to buy your ticket at 9am on the actual festival day itself.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

I’m a Catfish fan (and they’re my missus’ favourite band) so will 100% be getting a day ticket for their day but even I can’t disagree it’s an odd booking.

They were due to headline Tramlines and Truck last year alongside Neighbourhood, not sure they’re R+L level at all, but hey us and the rest of the dark fruits crowd will love it at least. 

Is there no chance of the R1 Stage? They had some pretty good ones lined up this year on that stage.

Also, lets say I wanted a good place for QOTSA so I watched their sub, would I have to wait upwards of 2h for Liam to do his set? It seems like a really long time to wait for a sub to headliner. It's like they want to maximise crowd tidal waves and minimise people waiting for acts on the main stage.

And if I don't like the act that is playing on the main stage there isn't really anywhere else to go? Like before I'd have the option of the Main, R1 and FR, which covered pretty much my whole weekends clashfinder. But if it's someone I don't want to see on the Main, I haven't really got many options. 

29 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

What happened to Bring me the Horizon? We were all convinced they would be one of the more obvious names announced. Melvin really doesn't fancy them 

Don’t know.

Melvin doesn’t fancy them for Reading/Leeds, Andy Copping doesn’t fancy them for Download, Unlikely for Glasto as they played last time (mid afternoon) and they haven’t done their own tour for ages.

Unless we have the very unlikely scenario of them playing under QOTSA I’m not sure what next for them.

It's pretty decent.

Disclosure have just released the dance album of the year. Massive last time they played main stage.  

Post Malone is said to be working on a "different sound" with a new album out soon. He's also dropped Hollywood's Bleeding since 2019. All be it, somewhat uncharacteristic to.repeat a headliner so soon. 

QOTSA -  Will have a new album out and have the back catalogue to make it a cracking night. 

LG - always going to shift tickets. Oasis bangers. Again, will have a new album out so that will be two lots of new songs he can perform since being here last. He also shifts up this Oasis songs. 

Stormzy - one of the biggest stars in the UK at the moment. His glasto set was MASSIVE.

Catfish - Don't know much about them but know they're good at what they do. Shift a surprising amount of tickets with the right undercard.

I won't be seeing them all, depends how it works, but I can understand why they've been booked. Earlier today we were already accepting a Courteeners and Capaldi headline slot.