2021 Lineup

Lewis Capaldi is an extremely depressing booking. Whatever about Disclosure, Stormzy etc at least they create some form of atmosphere but Lewis Capaldi Lewis fucking Capaldi never thought I'd see the day such a boring, drab,moaney shitebag would be at Leeds

Edited by Rhcp1

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Thing is, it's not a bad set of acts at all. Catfish, Disclosure and QOTSA would in fact be a very strong trio of subs.

But R+L are setting themselves up for a major fall announcing 6 headliners, doing a run of "Look to the future! Only one repeat headliner!" press and then just cycling back to old favourites with not a single female headliner when there are tons they could have gone to.

Now, if QOTSA don't land for an audience who weren't even born at the time of their last true crossover moment, or Disclosure draw a modest crowd because they've stagnated since their breakthrough in 2013, the lack of a Dave/Dua/Billie/Travis will look glaring.

What about a female headliner that isn't mainstream pop? Paramore, Florence, or maybe even taking the gamble of pushing someone like Wolf Alice up. Plenty of female talent in music right now but people can't seem to look beyond the charts for it.

Edited by VCK

A positive way to look at it for myself is that a trio of Stormzy/Disclosure/QOTSA is something I'd have really enjoyed, however I love the NME tent so I really think it'll be missing something next year.

Think I'll be day ticketing but not sure on which just yet.

Edited by mttJ

Hoping for a good Dance act Post Malone night, Disclosure into Wilkinson might turn out to be a decent night 

Obviously there could be a decent FR headliner(100 Gecs would be a clutch) but after last years no guitar acts against him I’m worried that night might just fizzle out

1 minute ago, VCK said:

What about a female headliner that isn't mainstream pop? Paramore, Florence, or maybe even taking the gamble of pushing someone like Wolf Alice up. Plenty of female talent in music right now but people can't seem to look beyond the charts for it.

Paramore would be absolutely amazing great shout but sadly can't see them playing together anytime soon? Hayley seems far too busy with her solo project 😔

1 minute ago, VCK said:

Liam's a household name, and probably a bigger name in himself than a lot of headliners in recent years.

yeah that's the thing Liam doesn't feel like a very inspired booking to me. Don't get me wrong I really like him but I feel there are more names they could push up there

I'm a bit dissapointed that R&L keep doing joint headliners? It's a trend I hope would die out but seems like it's sticking. 

Hellfest and Wacken do two mainstages and it's a shit view believe me. 

Having one mainstage is Always preferable for an equal view for all.

Edited by Xeph1995

12 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

A strong undercard on that day would get me there for the day. Not a fan of Liam Gallagher, and if I'm not too tired when hes playing, and hes the only option, I might stick around

Same for me really, not a huge fan but know some Oasis tunes

9 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

Lewis Capaldi is an extremely depressing booking. Whatever about Disclosure, Stormzy etc at least they create some form of atmosphere but Lewis Capaldi Lewis fucking Capaldi never thought I'd see the day such a boring, drab,moaney shitebag would be at Leeds

This, I don’t even hate Lewis Capaldi’s stuff but he’s so damn dull live. Couldn’t imagine actually being hyped for his set, will have zero atmosphere 

• Upvote 1

Just now, thatTFBguy said:

This, I don’t even hate Lewis Capaldi’s stuff but he’s so damn dull live. Couldn’t imagine actually being hyped for his set, will have zero atmosphere 

Exactly mate you hit the nail on the head like his live set its gonna be so so grim. I would actually compare it to a wake or  something so so grim. You would probably fall asleep if your even anyway near the main stage when he's on. Bizarre booking. This ballad style music surely doesn't fit leeds 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhcp1 said:

What happened to Bring me the Horizon? We were all convinced they would be one of the more obvious names announced. Melvin really doesn't fancy them 

Well we would have been less convinced if Melvin had of said it was 2 from last year and 3 who have headlined before 🤷‍♂️