2021 Lineup

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Can’t help but feel like QOTSA are just gonna die on their arses at this. Reading and Leeds just ain’t their festivals anymore.

Agreed, I'm just above the demographic and I don't know anyone who's heard past No One Knows, can't imagine anyone younger listening to them either tbh

I think it's OK. Liam Gallagher was a strong booking, Stormzy too. Queens will be brilliant, and likewise I can see Post Malone and Catfish going down fairly well. I'm not sold on Disclosure but if they wanted something different then fine. Obviously depressing omission of you know what, but I'm not going to get into that.  

2 minutes ago, Jne15 said:

I think QOTSA, LG, Post Malone and Stormzy are v strong headliners..

AJ Tracey, Lewis Capaldi, Doja Cat and Da Baby will draw big crowds. 

Based on 6 yes I think QOTSA are okay but didn't their own outdoor show not sell well?, I've also never seen a huge crowd for them at Reading....even when it was more a rock lineup booked.

Just now, Dangerbreaks said:

Agreed, I'm just above the demographic and I don't know anyone who's heard past No One Knows, can't imagine anyone younger listening to them either tbh

If they were on the day with Stormzy then 100%. 

This lineup, well the headliners do try and seem to please both markets, but unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of LG or QOTSA, and have been going off Catfish for the last few years. 

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

No but id actually like them to book some quality. And they aren't headlining.

Sorry, I was just expecting a lot better than what we got.

It is shit that the headliners don't feature any women, but at the same time you don't get to say that the whole lineup is sausagey because you've only heard of one female act of the 40% female-inclusive lineup.

Completely not dismissing that the festival should have a female headliner but yeah

19 hours ago, rithpotter said:

Hi all, haven’t read the rest of the thread, so not sure if it’s been mentioned or not but this is what I’ve been leaked for tomorrow by someone in the industry. Obviously it goes against what Melvin has said so it’s probably bollocks, just thought it was worth sharing.

5A91C28C-9D2A-42AC-98B8-D4BEB5F838CF.jpeg

I'll be damned. I beg your pardon, boy who cried wolf and all that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the whole 2 main stages thing is a way of getting people talking and getting headlines as it sounds better than 3 days of Co headliners. If they were on similar sized outdoor stages at the same times then maybe, but it’s essentially no different to usual. Post malone, disclosure and catfish heading the NME tent wouldn’t look out of place with LG, QOTSA and stormzy actual headliners. Just a clever (?!) way of looking like they’re doing something special for 2021