2021 Lineup

Just now, VCK said:

My issue with the festival is that, judging them on the actual music, the line-ups get progressively worse. Male, female, whatever, the line ups are almost always uninspiring.

Yep I agree. But there are so many females and male artists who could save this festival. And I would like to see a mix to diversify and rejuvenate the festival to its former glory.

The line ups are just shit now.

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

If there's no clashes then I feel that headliners on the second stage will essentially be subs, with the subs on that stage being equivalent to 4th down and so on. If the plan is to rotate the stages by act.

That's what he wants you to look at it like....but say you don't watch the last for eg I wouldn't stay around for Stormzy after Catfish unless say The Pit had The Cribs.

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Honestly I told my girlfriend the headliners and the only one she was slightly interested in was Catfish. Then I pointed out she can just see them in Swansea for £40 and she just said "oh yeah, fuck it then".

Exactly my think and have a weekend in Wales. I think I'm going to give SD a miss this year so.

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Yep I agree. But there are so many females and male artists who could save this festival. And I would like to see a mix to diversify and rejuvenate the festival to its former glory.

The line ups are just shit now.

Personally I'd like PJ Harvey and Garbage to be booked - will never happen though.

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

When the only female on the line up is Mabel and she is the highest up, you know the organisers are sexist and haven't even tried to bother booking female artists.

Sofi Tukker, Doja Cat, 100 Gecs, Ashnikko, Beabadoobee, Lyra, Madison Beer

Edited by dentalplan

Will see how the rest of the lineup pans out - but QOTSA and Liam Gallagher is a very good Sunday night. Would watch Disclosure as I've never seen them and I'm sure the FR stage or whatever equivalent will give me something else to watch when the rappers are on. 

Amazed Catfish are headlining- they're headlining Neighbourhood Weekender up here in May, which is tiny. 

A few older indie acts like frank Turner, subways, cribs etc throughout the weekend and I'll be happy 

Really dull headliners for me, you could easily have 3 of those headline with the other three subbing on a normal line up. I personally loved being in the radio 1 tent too, big enough to be spaced out in but loved the atmosphere in there, seems like the second main stage might replace that though (I'd guess?) which would be a bit of a loss for me. 

Will wait and see what more acts they announce but doubt I'll be there next year at all (usually go for at least a day)