2021 Lineup

TPD Piccadilly stream had technical difficulties but I tried getting the Setlist to find potential acts. 

Out of all of them: BMTH, The Weeknd and Catfish looked like the main potential headliners if they knew what the headliners were and incorporated it to the Setlist. 

39548AF6-25FE-4400-9AD1-C9C71FBADD0F.png

Catfish are probably one of my biggest guilty pleasures. They’re not great, every song sounds similar and they’re fairly basic but I will definitely still stand there and belt out every tune. It’d be a boring headline booking and feel weak as fuck but at the end of the day I’d probably be there and probably wouldn’t complain.

Ideally they’d be the first headliner on one of the nights, not the closer, and be followed by someone much more interesting though haha

Edited by TheWaters
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

TPD Piccadilly stream had technical difficulties but I tried getting the Setlist to find potential acts. 

Out of all of them: BMTH, The Weeknd and Catfish looked like the main potential headliners if they knew what the headliners were and incorporated it to the Setlist. 

They 100% don’t have a Scooby 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Having an old set playback as a 'special guest' in a run of old set playbacks is stretching the term beyond all comprehension.

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't glastonbury do the exact same thing with sets from the likes of metallica? guess it's just a way of keeping viewers intrigued without offering them anything substantial

4 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

They 100% don’t have a Scooby 

This. They’ve got no idea who’s playing. 

If BMTH headline, I hope that they (and the other five headliners) all get proper headline length sets at 90-120mins, not 75/80mins like co-headliners usually get.

BMTH’s APE set was incredible and they played songs from all of their albums. I don’t think they would do that at R&L (I doubt they’ll ever play Pray For Plagues again, they didn’t for nearly 5 years before APE) but I think they’d still have some pre-Sempiternal stuff in the set. Maybe Chelsea Smile and Diamonds from Suicide Season and It Never Ends from There Is A Hell... maybe Blessed With a Curse too. Tbh, I really want to hear Ludens and Parasite Eve live. I’m still not sold on Parasite Eve like I am Ludens but it’s still something I’d like to see them do at a show. 

37 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

This. They’ve got no idea who’s playing. 

If BMTH headline, I hope that they (and the other five headliners) all get proper headline length sets at 90-120mins, not 75/80mins like co-headliners usually get.

BMTH’s APE set was incredible and they played songs from all of their albums. I don’t think they would do that at R&L (I doubt they’ll ever play Pray For Plagues again, they didn’t for nearly 5 years before APE) but I think they’d still have some pre-Sempiternal stuff in the set. Maybe Chelsea Smile and Diamonds from Suicide Season and It Never Ends from There Is A Hell... maybe Blessed With a Curse too. Tbh, I really want to hear Ludens and Parasite Eve live. I’m still not sold on Parasite Eve like I am Ludens but it’s still something I’d like to see them do at a show. 

The only issue with the older stuff is Oli’s voice can’t take the screaming but they’d definitely do ludens and parasite eve. Both absolute cracking tunes! I’ll be back at Reading if they headline and hopefully they do, they have to with 6 headliners. 

19 minutes ago, foolee said:

The only issue with the older stuff is Oli’s voice can’t take the screaming but they’d definitely do ludens and parasite eve. Both absolute cracking tunes! I’ll be back at Reading if they headline and hopefully they do, they have to with 6 headliners. 

His voice absolutely can take the screaming. This isn’t 2015/16 Oli Sykes we are talking about who physically couldn’t scream anymore. He’s a different beast these days who seems to have really sorted his voice out live (relying on backing tracks excessively whilst on tour for a couple of years will give your voice a good rest). His singing is still iffy but he’s not a natural singer but he can scream better now then he has been able to in a very long time. Check out the videos on YouTube of their 2018 tour when they did the medley of old songs, his harsh vocals are exceptional (they were at APE last year too). 

Has there been any news on Billie Eilish rescheduling that massive arena tour of her’s? If it’s rescheduled for next summer, would that impact on her chances of headlining or would it not matter because it’s already sold out and she’s essentially the biggest artist on the planet? 

Edited by Andre91

If BMTH play I’d bet that they don’t play anything pre-Sempiternal. The APE show was a different beast for their hardcore fans so comparisons can’t really be made, and at R/L it’ll largely be people wanting to hear their more mainstream stuff. Couple from Sempiternal and then a few from TTS, Amo and whatever singles/EPs they release between now and the festival. 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Has there been any news on Billie Eilish rescheduling that massive arena tour of her’s? If it’s rescheduled for next summer, would that impact on her chances of headlining or would it not matter because it’s already sold out and she’s essentially the biggest artist on the planet? 

I’m not sure about any updates on her tour but I really doubt it’s something that will get in the way of her headlining, especially with the six headliner deal they’re doing next year. I’d be pretty surprised if she’s not one of them.

7 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Carly Rae Jepsen as one of the headliners please

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

But is he the returner or one of the new 5? 

The returner, it says one of this years carried over

On Bring Me , if they play Crucify Me I will forever be happy, chuck in Chelsea Smile and I will go off

4 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't glastonbury do the exact same thing with sets from the likes of metallica? guess it's just a way of keeping viewers intrigued without offering them anything substantial

I won’t correct you, because you are right! Yeah I guess these are just very strange times. I do feel they could at least save that tag for new content like idk Lewis Capaldi singing his song in his kitchen or whatever.