2021 Lineup

Just now, Dangerbreaks said:

Can't imagine she's that popular with school leavers compared to the likes of Dua Lipa

Not many artists fit these descriptions so I am kinda expecting a scrape of the bottom of the barrel here?

Did the Kooks / Wombats reschedule APE?

10 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

They’re gonna get shit for whoever, they should just fucking book the Fratellis, Simple Minds, Kylie, Kings of Leon, Chaka Khan and ABBA

Shit, better dust out my hotpants from Kylie at Glasto the other year. Any excuse honestly.

I’d happily have Giggs back on the Main Stage. This set was great at Leeds. It was the set that really demonstrated how R&L has changed in recent years as Architects were on before him and their crowd was modest and not very lively but when Giggs came on, the Main Stage was packed out and there were pits going off everywhere. It was really cool to see. 

That’s pretty wild if true, especially with all the talk of it on here for last year 😄

Looking at some people’s predictions and I think people have probably roughly figured it out. Billie, Liam, BMTH, Capaldi, Dua, and another would be my guess, which doesn’t look the best on paper but will no doubt go down amazingly with most of the people who frequent R/L these days.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

6 headliners during the circumstances makes me think they are trying to compensate, not that they’ve got lucky 

Ha yeah I’m right there with you, although considering how flat RATM were received I can’t help but think this will largely be seen as an improvement for most.

Either way, looking forward to the announcement, if only for the usual morbid curiosity.

3 big, 3 smaller

ASAP Rocky (or travis scott if melvin benn is feeling generous) / Courteeners (or like catfish/gerry etc)

LG / BMTH

Gorillaz / Dua Lipa

major lazer have dropped off massively, i think Sziget really struggled for acts this year

Edited by gfa

Courteeners are due to headline TRNSMT and you could argue sell somewhat similar to Liam. 

They play arenas and have done their own huge outdoor shows up north. They maybe wouldn't shift their own Finsbury Park gig but Heaton Park they could shift.

Can see them maybe stepping up.

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

3 big, 3 smaller

ASAP Rocky (or travis scott if melvin benn is feeling generous) / Courteeners (or like catfish/gerry etc)

LG / BMTH

Gorillaz / Dua Lipa

major lazer have dropped off massively, i think Sziget really struggled for acts this year

Gorillaz for Tame Impala and I reckon you could be spot on

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Really don’t see Gorillaz at R/L - they’d die on their arses.

I don't know, I think they could pull it off as they have a great crossover appeal - maybe not the best use of the budget though

5 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Gorillaz for Tame Impala and I reckon you could be spot on

I would prefer that so yeah - all for it

8 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Courteeners are due to headline TRNSMT and you could argue sell somewhat similar to Liam. 

They play arenas and have done their own huge outdoor shows up north. They maybe wouldn't shift their own Finsbury Park gig but Heaton Park they could shift.

Can see them maybe stepping up.

Without a doubt they could for 6 headliners, lets just pray