2021 Lineup

17 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

One headliner is more or less confirmed as Liam and he crossed over with Latitude. The bar is set low from the off. 

It would bankrupt the festival / Festival Republic going after 6 heavyweights without a significant increase in ticket prices. 

They'll spread the love across multiple genres, something to please most young ones. You can tell by Melvin words in the interviews he's going after the younger audience, maybe more so than they already do. Younger audiences aren't bothered about heavyweight headers.

Plus what big acts haven't already headlined R&L?  very few left. 

I don't mean 6 heavy weights but it won't be 6 LG or smaller acts is what i mean. younger audiences definitely still care about heavyweight headliners - drake, travis and AM must all be in the top 5 most wanted acts and would easily sell their days out

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I don't mean 6 heavy weights but it won't be 6 LG or smaller acts is what i mean. younger audiences definitely still care about heavyweight headliners - drake, travis and AM must all be in the top 5 most wanted acts and would easily sell their days out

Travis Scott, Dave, LG, Dua Lipa, Bring Me, Tame Impala surely appeals to everyone

evem Billie Eilish or Courteeners for Dave or Tame Impala

Really hope they have booked at least one female act to headline as personally think there are quite a few they could choose from and would be better than some of the suggestions being put on here as male headliners. Feel like if not there will be quite a bit uproar and rightfully so.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Travis Scott, Dave, LG, Dua Lipa, Bring Me, Tame Impala surely appeals to everyone

evem Billie Eilish or Courteeners for Dave or Tame Impala

Yeah something like that seems about right - 1 massive act (TS) , 1 medium one (LG) and 4 smaller ones. Could even be an extra medium or large one honestly. Maybe an extra indie act i'd say, not really sure who though

Travis Scott/BMTH

Tame/Dua

Dave/LG

also are killers completely out of the question - sure they have the stadium shows but they will have sold out 2 years before the festival almost and would undoubtedly go down well

Edited by gfa

Just now, Dukey said:

Watching The Prodigy from 2009, they would have been a great headliner. So much energy. 

Was just about to ask about dance, Marshmello maybe? seems a longshot though as dance seems to have fallen down the lineups of R&L. Major Lazer perhaps or chems. No obvious choices really but would love to see chemical brothers haha

swedish house mafia/calvin harris would probably go down fairly well too (i'd be happy at least) although probably a bit expensive for a more out there headliner.

Just now, Andre91 said:

Why do people keep calling Liam a small or medium sized headliner? He sells more tickets than a lot of other acts who have headlined. 

I think medium is fair, he is far bigger than say BMTH or Tame Impala but not even close to AM/Travis Scott etc. Just fits in the middle

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

are killers completely out of the question - sure they have the stadium shows but they will have sold out 2 years before the festival almost and would undoubtedly go down well

They've headlined multiple times before...

...I think...

...definitely once...

...in my head I'm sure it's more but they've definitely headlined at least once.

So they're out.

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

Melvin and FR will probably looking at these mid-tier festivals like Kendal, Tramlines, Y Not that can shift up to 40,000 tickets each with acts like Courteeners, Ian Brown, Noel, Madness, The Streets... They are much cheaper to put on without slashing millions on their headliners. Get 6 of them middle of the road acts. Jobs a good one :lol:

Although it will be much younger line up with the odd oldie. 

Probably go down the route of 

2 grime/rap/pop (Dave, Dua Lipa, Lewis Capaldi, Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, Skepta, George Ezra, Lizzo, Bastille)

1 or 2 indie (LG, Courteeners, Blossoms, Foals it co headline don’t count)

1 heavier (Bring Mes the only one let’s face it)

1 something else (either another of the first set or Tame Impala, Gorillaz, Chems, Calvin Harris, Major Lazer, Pendulum maybe)

1 minute ago, JBarbour said:

Melvin and FR will probably looking at these mid-tier festivals like Kendal, Tramlines, Y Not that can shift up to 40,000 tickets each with acts like Courteeners, Ian Brown, Noel, Madness, The Streets... They are much cheaper to put on without slashing millions on their headliners. Get 6 of them middle of the road acts. Jobs a good one :lol:

Although it will be much younger line up with the odd oldie. 

Could allow bands like Madness to play lower down again, maybe an Elbow sub that would be nice 

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think medium is fair, he is far bigger than say BMTH or Tame Impala but not even close to AM/Travis Scott etc. Just fits in the middle

Well BMTH and Tame Impala aren’t headliners (yet) and I would argue that he’s bigger in the UK than Travis Scott. 

Edited by Andre91

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Why do people keep calling Liam a small or medium sized headliner? He sells more tickets than a lot of other acts who have headlined. 

He could sell way more tickets in the UK than Travis to call Travis 'massive' and him medium is laughable.