2021 Lineup

I think we will have maybe 6-7 acts tops on each stage if they are next to eachother. I would prefer this to a bigger bill with the money being split more so worse acts honestly.

If theres only 6-7 acts across the stages then we could actually get decent headliners and not lg and 5 courteeners level acts etc (although i expect them too)

12-12:30, 12:35-13:10, 13:15-13:55, 14-14:45, 14:50-15:40, 15:45-16:40, 16:45-17:45, SUB 1 17:50-18:55, SUB 2 19:00-20:05, HL 1 20:10-21:30, 21:35-23:50

maybe with one less time slot which would make it 10 acts per day so 5 per stage. This means the budget for each act will be way higher than usual so we will get hopefully normal sized headliners. or they will pocket the extra cash to cover 2020's losses.

Edited by gfa

5 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

I’ll wait till Monday cheers for the offer

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

No, not really. You might have slightly fewer bands per stage, so instead of 8 bands on the main stage, you have 6 bands on each of the two main stages, but that’s 12 bands altogether and very minimal down time between bands. So instead of something like:

Dua Lipa 3-3:45

Don Broco 4:15-5:00

The Vaccines 5:30-6:15

you might have

Dua Lipa 3:00-4:00 (stage A)

Don Broco 4:05-5:05 (stage B )

The Vaccines 5:10-6:15 (Stage A)

So you’ve fitted the same 3 acts into the same 3.25 hour slot, but each band gets longer on stage and there’s a total of 10 minutes down time instead of an hour 

9 minutes ago, Aech said:

No, they have more time if anything, because we don't have to wait 50 minutes between headliners so they can finally get a full set instead of the fucking ridiculous 75 minutes they were being given before.

cheers lads I get it now, I think that’s a great idea although I’ve always liked a bit of time in between each to think about what I’ve just witnessed if that makes sense. Guess it’ll be 6 shit headliners but more underneath 

15 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

It’s just gonna be 6 headliners with a 3 headliner budget isn’t it

Oh course it is. 6 headliners with a 3 headliner budget and weakened lower bill. Melvin is great at talking it up, while having digs at Glastonbury. He never looks back, unless it's Rages set from the 80s :lol:

2 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Oh course it is. 6 headliners with a 3 headliner budget and weakened lower bill. Melvin is great at talking it up, while having digs at Glastonbury. He never looks back, unless it's Rages set from the 80s :lol:

Not necessarily -- theres way less acts per stage now assuming they are next to eachother so the money has to be spent on something (well you'd like to think anyway)

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not necessarily -- theres way less acts per stage now assuming they are next to eachother so the money has to be spent on something (well you'd like to think anyway)

One headliner is more or less confirmed as Liam and he crossed over with Latitude. The bar is set low from the off. 

It would bankrupt the festival / Festival Republic going after 6 heavyweights without a significant increase in ticket prices. 

They'll spread the love across multiple genres, something to please most young ones. You can tell by Melvin words in the interviews he's going after the younger audience, maybe more so than they already do. Younger audiences aren't bothered about heavyweight headers.

Plus what big acts haven't already headlined R&L?  very few left. 

Edited by JBarbour

Nothing particularly out there in my prediction but I'm going for -

Dave, LG and Dua Lipa

BMTH, Billie Eilish and Courteeners

Nothing too exciting for me there but I'm definitely going to go to see how it turns out, wonder if they see it as some justification to hike the price.