2021 Lineup

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

------

1. did panic count as a headliner? while we're safe from fall out boy and imagine dragons, they are possible right?

That’s what I thought, would they count co headliners in that if not then Foals, Panic, Twenty One Pilots all open up 

imagine dragons are possible as they’ve only subbed

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Fair enough, it has, I suppose its generally annoying that the genres I love are being omitted nowadays and it is annoying. I dont wanna see LG, Capaldi, Catfish etc. but school leavers do. I get the festival books what sells and does its best in bad times but I really wanted to see Rage and IDLES tonight and for that to not happen and the edition next seemingly having these terrible acts, its so frustrating. 

BMTH is a great start, they were awful at Glasto but great at APE so headlining Leeds would be brilliant start.

I think IDLES will be there next year, I left school last year and like them. 

Just now, NoBuses said:

I think IDLES will be there next year, I left school last year and like them. 

Im acting like I am far from a school leaver, Im only 19. What does the current leavers and your year like music wise? Does what RandL book make you lot happy with it? Cause on 2020 lineup - Rage, IDLES, Fontaines and RTJ were the only bands I liked on it, maybe Two Door for the fun of it and Teeners as in Bolton they are adored and the big Manchester gigs are always brilliant even if you dont like them.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Im acting like I am far from a school leaver, Im only 19. What does the current leavers and your year like music wise? Does what RandL book make you lot happy with it? Cause on 2020 lineup - Rage, IDLES, Fontaines and RTJ were the only bands I liked on it, maybe Two Door for the fun of it and Teeners as in Bolton they are adored and the big Manchester gigs are always brilliant even if you dont like them.

Its mainly indie bands and rap, Indie only started getting popular a few years ago with people I know but AM are absolutely huge. Most people that go football also like Courteeners, DMAs etc. Oasis are still huge. Dave is massive too

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Shit grime or bucket hat indie or American shit

pop

Just now, NoBuses said:

Its mainly indie bands and rap, Indie only started getting popular a few years ago with people I know but AM are absolutely huge. Most people that go football also like Courteeners, DMAs etc. Oasis are still huge. Dave is massive too

AM are huge with any age, what a booking that would be. rumoured for Glastonbury next year so I am buzzing with that.

Dave would be good with BMTH. If Dave, BMTH, IDLES, Fontaines play thats enough for me.

Another thing is will the headliners be at the same time? As if its say Courteeners and Tame on a day then they could switch around depending on the site and other similar situations like whats happened in the past.

Just now, gfa said:

Another thing is will the headliners be at the same time? As if its say Courteeners and Tame on a day then they could switch around depending on the site and other similar situations like whats happened in the past.

No, the main stages will be right next to each other with a screen in-between, plenty of European fests have two main stages.

1 minute ago, Aech said:

No, the main stages will be right next to each other with a screen in-between, plenty of European fests have two main stages.

Not necessarily - someone said it wouldn't fit at Leeds (i haven tbeen so have no idea). Some have them at opposite ends of the festival site.

Just now, TheWaters said:

Seen quite a few people suggest that this “second main stages” is the R1 being made open air with bigger acts and will probably have staggered acts to not clash with the proper main stage. Bit underwhelming if true but it’s R&L so expected

Gist that Melvins interview gives is that it's going to be 2 proper main stages with the same full scale production