2021 Lineup

11 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I just started to listen to 30TSM recently and I think they're good not great. They would not fit headlining R&L even though I would like to see them (just so I can see Jared Leto finger his arsehole). I feel they would do like All Points East or Download.

If they won’t play Reading, there’s no way in hell they’ll play Download

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Mars’ last appearance at Download left a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. I don’t see them ever playing Download (or R&L) again. I do really enjoy their first three albums, however. 

What happened at their last appearance at Download that was so bad? People have been or done shit at festivals and they've been  booked again like Jess Glynne at IOW or Migos at R&L 

31 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

What happened at their last appearance at Download that was so bad? People have been or done shit at festivals and they've been  booked again like Jess Glynne at IOW or Migos at R&L 

I’ve read and heard from multiple places that Mars’ put posters of themselves up around the backstage area saying that their faces were their ID badges and not to bother them asking to see their IDs, even though every other band (headliners included) were wearing ID badges. Also that Jared was carried through the backstage area, in front of everyone, to the stage by his crew instead of walking right before Mars were due to come on. 

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve read and heard from multiple places that Mars’ put posters of themselves up around the backstage area saying that their faces were their ID badges and not to bother them asking to see their IDs, even though every other band (headliners included) were wearing ID badges. Also that Jared was carried through the backstage area, in front of everyone, to the stage by his crew instead of walking right before Mars were due to come on. 

Maybe they finger his arsehole when he can’t be bothered

14 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Cheers lad I just know he’s a stuck up twat now

Brilliant comment pal too funny ha but you are spot on also hes become an extremely self centered knobhead. I think he firmly believes that he is a higher power doesn't he? It's a pity as i did really like their stuff apart from what was basically his solo project and they were great at leeds the year mcr headlined I thought subbing them 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

When do we reckon the stone roses will be back again? Not necessarily to play Reading although its definitely not out of the question. Next 5 years? Longer?

I think they’re done now. 

Can’t see it happening again, 2016/17 was the last chance they had to book them.

Edited by TKOCF

1 hour ago, Rhcp1 said:

Brilliant comment pal too funny ha but you are spot on also hes become an extremely self centered knobhead. I think he firmly believes that he is a higher power doesn't he? It's a pity as i did really like their stuff apart from what was basically his solo project and they were great at leeds the year mcr headlined I thought subbing them 

30STM in 2011 was possibly the worst set I’ve ever seen at Leeds. It was terrible. 

Whenever I read stuff like that about Jared Leto I just think what an amazing bit of casting it was for him to play Niander Wallace in BR2049.

A creepy, self-obsessed and insufferable egomaniac who likens himself to God. He'd been method acting for that role all his life. 

I've seen 30 seconds to mars quite a few times and thought they were pretty decent, I'd probably say Leto got the crowd to sing a bit too much that night at R&L but I still enjoyed the set. They've always been better at their own gigs though. When I went to see them at Cardiff Arena I got on to the stage for Kings and Queens and gave Jared a kiss on the cheek as I said if I got on the stage that's what I'd do, haha. Agreed with what others have said about their albums, its a bit of a shame the way they've gone as the earlier stuff was really good!

4 hours ago, TKOCF said:

I think they’re done now. 

Can’t see it happening again, 2016/17 was the last chance they had to book them.

i can only hope they run out of money decide to get back together!

4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

The only way I’d ever wanna see Jared Leto on the R&L main stage is if there was a guest appearance from Christian Bale murdering him with an axe while the rest of the band cover Huey Lewis and The News

Pretty sure you wrote my favourite ever comment on a forum when you said something about drop kicking someone to Bullet In The Head (pretty sure that was you?)

You may have just surpassed it with that one. Bravo.

• Like 1