2021 Lineup

On 8/15/2020 at 1:18 PM, Ives562 said:

Really stating to get into a day to remember love their new stuff 

Their new stuff is good. Homesick as someone mentioned already is fantastic. You should definitely check out What Separates Me From You as well.

Would love to see ADTR make a return to R+L, don't think it will be for a little while again though.

• Upvote 1

I genuinely believe that ADTR haven’t had a bad record. Bad Vibrations certainly isn’t as good as the rest, but it’s by no means terrible. I can’t say that I’m all that sold on any of the new stuff yet, but im sure I’ll brazenly claim I hate it and then end up no lifing it for months after. 

13 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I had a thought, what dyou reckon of a Bring Me-Slipknot co headline to replace Rage

If this was to happen and I doubt it. It would have to be like when Fall Out Boy and Travis Scott basically coed in 2018 but with FOB closing both sites Slipknot would have to do the same but I doubt Slipknot would go down well with the current demographic that attends R&L

35 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I had a thought, what dyou reckon of a Bring Me-Slipknot co headline to replace Rage

Slipknot aren’t likely to play anyway but if they did, they wouldn’t co-headline. They’re far too big in this country for that, whether R&L is their usual audience or not. 

Oh, Travis Scott was a sub. 

Edited by Andre91

26 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

If this was to happen and I doubt it. It would have to be like when Fall Out Boy and Travis Scott basically coed in 2018 but with FOB closing both sites Slipknot would have to do the same but I doubt Slipknot would go down well with the current demographic that attends R&L

Travis Scott subbed and dont most co headliners stay the same at both sites, ie Kendrick closed both, Post Malone closed both and maybe even Biffy and Foals closed both

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Slipknot aren’t likely to play anyway but if they did, they wouldn’t co-headline. They’re far too big in this country for that, whether R&L is their usual audience or not. 

I also didnt think it was highly likely, i just thought that they'd need a heavyish replacement for Rage and GnR seem to have fallen out the picture and Slipknot seem to fit that bill, or MCR

Off the top of my head, only two albums have blown me away this year and that The Weeknd - After Hours and Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia.

I've really enjoyed the new albums from Gerry Cinnamon, Grimes, Charli XCX, Childish Gambino and Poppy but wouldn't say they're up there for album of the year.

I liked tracks from Notes on a Conditional Form but though the album as a whole was a bit bloated and didn't quite work as a full piece in it's on right.

Not listened to a lot of rock/indie this year seeing as I'm working from home or going to gigs.

Edited by metallimuse

16 minutes ago, stanh said:

If they got Dua Lipa, The Weeknd and then a classic band headlining that would be pretty nice, and I'd imagine that'd sell fairly well too

Or even better

Dua Lipa/the Weeknd

indie band

classic rock band

43 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Off the top of my head, only two albums have blown me away this year and that's The Weeknd - After Hours and Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia.

I've really enjoyed the new albums from Gerry Cinnamon, Grimes, Charli XCX, Childish Gambino and Poppy but wouldn't say they're up there for album of the year.

I liked tracks from Notes on a Conditional Form but thought the album as a whole was a bit bloated and didn't quite work as a full piece in it's on right.

Not listened to a lot of rock/indie this year seeing as I'm working from home or going to gigs.

Sorry tried to edit my post above due to the poor grammar but ended up quoting it 🙄

Edited by metallimuse

Bit late with this one but my stand out albums so far this year are:

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush
Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Everyone
Neck Deep - All Distortions Are Intentional
Mystery Jets - A Billion Heartbeats
Enter Shikari - Nothing Is True & Everything Is Possible
Anti Flag - 20/20

I am also enjoying the new efforts from Creeper, Sea Girls and Fontaines D.C. but a bit early to say they're stand outs. 

Add me to the list of people going for Biffy pre-sale on Wednesday. Bristol for me. I feel like this has been one of the most advertised tours out there and it really hasn't needed the promo because it'll sell out and be ridiculously hard to get tickets for, fingers crossed for everyone on here. 

Edited by foolee
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

The Hunna are playing the Heavy Music Awards - are they going a new direction? 

only direction i want them to go is away from the 2021 lineup honestly

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, stanh said:

or that!!👀👀

Arctic Monkeys

Dua Lipa/ The Weeknd

MCR

a boy can dream 

56 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Any chance of 30 seconds to Mars? 

no fucking chance, Jared Leto is too busy fingering his own arsehole

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Ives562 said:

Any chance of 30 seconds to Mars? 

I think 30 Seconds To Mars will call it a day sooner rather than later to be honest. While I dislike Jared Leto, This Is War is a fantastic album, and I really like some of their earlier stuff. I wish they would return to that style. Might be for the best they call it quits though. I saw them a couple of years ago and while it was okay, it did feel like the Jared Leto show. They are borderline cultish now.

They would accept no less than headline, and I don't think R+L would ever give them that platform.