2021 Lineup

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It wouldn't be hard to beat the last output. Personally the problem with Opposites was it should have just been one album with the filler shit 

this I can get behind, I tuink as an album it’s poor, but as songs Different People, Stinging Belle, Biblical, Sounds Like Balloons and Victory Over the Sun are better than most other stuff 

Edited by Gerard the Fab

when they released instant history i became really worried about this album seeing as that was one of the worst singles they've ever released imo, the other three to follow it gave me a bit more confidence that this album was going to be worth the wait, although i do think the album is good and tracks like 'the pink limit' and 'cop syrup' are great the album will probably sit at the bottom of my rankings of their albums

I’d have this new one in my top 5 Biffy albums tbh. 

1. Puzzle 

2. Only Revolutions 

3. Infinity Land 

4. Blackened Sky 

5. A Celebration of Endings 

6. Opposites 

7. The Vertigo of Bliss (yeah, I know) 

8. Ellipsis 

9. Balance Not Symmetry (I’ve barely listened to it) 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

1. Puzzle 

2. Only Revolutions 

3. Infinity Land 

4. Blackened Sky 

6. Opposites 

8. Ellipsis 

EVERYONE says this. I didn't think it was a real album so I've never listened to it.

Completely different but i bought Modern Life is Rubbish by Blur the other day and just got round to listening to it and its class, ik weve talked about them before when the survey came out, but do we reckon if Damon gets all his Gorillaz stuff done we could see them replace Rage?

13 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I think it's worth checking out! Or even just the title track and "All Singing and All Dancing", which are my highlights from it.

I'm afraid it will forever be in the: "So many albums, so little time" category.

4 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Just finished listening to the new Biffy album, unreal. Wasn't an album I was particularly excited for, but wow, really good stuff. Wasn't sold on 'Instant History' the first time I heard it, but have to say it's my favourite off the new album. 'Tiny Indoor Firework', 'Cop Syrup', 'Space' and 'North Of No South' are standouts as well, glad I didn't listen to any of the singles apart from 'Instant History' in the buildup to the album so I could hear them as part of the album experience for the first time.

Not buying into this nonsense that they've past their prime, they would absolutely smash another headline set at R+L, some of those songs would go off. Make it happen in 2022 Festival Republic.

I think The Pink Limit and End of are the two standouts. Cop Syrup for me starts with a good riff and dies. Opposites I think is still better with Only Revs and Puzzle being at the top.

Not to be that one guy but I’m really not seeing the hype with this Biffy album. Cop Syrup is a great track but besides that’s I’m really not too keen. Probably a strong 5/10 for me overall which is a shame cuz I do like them but yeah just doesn’t do it for me.

This Sea Girls album is pretty shit too. Call Me Out is still a banger and there’s a couple okay tracks but overall weak.

Okay that’s my doom & gloom out the way for today I’ll piss off now

12 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Not to be that one guy but I’m really not seeing the hype with this Biffy album. Cop Syrup is a great track but besides that’s I’m really not too keen. Probably a strong 5/10 for me overall which is a shame cuz I do like them but yeah just doesn’t do it for me.

This Sea Girls album is pretty shit too. Call Me Out is still a banger and there’s a couple okay tracks but overall weak.

Okay that’s my doom & gloom out the way for today I’ll piss off now

Marsicans - Ursa Major absolutely bodies sea girls.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

1. Puzzle 

2. Only Revolutions 

3. Infinity Land 

4. Blackened Sky 

6. Opposites 

8. Ellipsis 

1. Only Revolutions

2. Puzzle

3. Infinity Land

4. Opposites

5. Blackened Sky

6. Vertigo of Bliss

7. Ellipsis

8. Balance Not Symmetry (actually got some great tracks on it, sunrise is one of my favourites by them)

9. ACOE (this could change on more listens, i'm always quite critical of an album when its first released)

My albums of the year are as follows (in no particular order):

Sawayama - Rina Sawayama

Future Nostalgia - Dua Lipa

Women in Music Part III - Haim

Notes On a Conditional Form - The 1975 (Grown on me each listen)

Fine Line  - Harry Styles

Heavy is the Head - Stormzy

My cut off for aoty is end of november

seeing as we're in the mood for lists today some of my stand out albums of the year have been:

Brain Candy - Hockey Dad

NOACF - The 1975

Fine Line - Harry Styles

Limbo - Amine

Future Nostalgia - Dua Lipa

Punisher - Phoebe Bridgers

14 Steps To A Better You - Lime Cordiale

Edited by OnlyRevolutions