2021 Lineup

2 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

I mean stormzy headlined glasto on one album. So if Dave starts promoting his next. Deffo a headliner

Stormzy was an odd booking. Glasto can afford to take "risky" bookings because they sell out before any acts are announced. R+L have no reason to take a risk on booking an act to headline as they don't usually sell out, so a bad selling booking would make sales even worse. They'll wait until they think he's got enough "hype" around him to headline and sell tickets. But they won't see it as a risky booking when / if they book him.

When do we realistically think we will get some form of line up announcement? I know it's still extremely early but given the current situation and the likes of Download, Mad Cool, Slam Dunk amongst lots of other European festivals giving a good chunk of their line up already surely they will have to announce something in the next month?? 

1 hour ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Rock Werchter looks like most of its line up will be carrying over into 2021. I thought it looked like a good lineup personally who do we think could play R&L as well. I think The Streets are very likely due to the recent album and how Mike Skinner is incredibly popular with Gen Z. 

Would like to the Streets in the R1 up against LG if he’s back 

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Would like to the Streets in the R1 up against LG if he’s back 

I reckon that could be a bad clash. I know they're completely different genres but I think there's a shared fanbase there. Even though I'd love to see them headline that tent

35 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

I reckon that could be a bad clash. I know they're completely different genres but I think there's a shared fanbase there. Even though I'd love to see them headline that tent

The only reason is because that’s the only headliner from last year I’d be happy to miss, and I’d really wanna see the Streets

3 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Rock Werchter looks like most of its line up will be carrying over into 2021. I thought it looked like a good lineup personally who do we think could play R&L as well. I think The Streets are very likely due to the recent album and how Mike Skinner is incredibly popular with Gen Z. 

Is he?

16 minutes ago, VCK said:

Is he?

Big time. He's really popular with the teenage indie crowd because for some reason there's a crossover of the old stuff, and the newer stuff is really popular with the DnB heads, ravers and the more mainstream crow. Definitely had a massive resurgence recently with teens and people my age (17/18/19/etc.)

56 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Big time. He's really popular with the teenage indie crowd because for some reason there's a crossover of the old stuff, and the newer stuff is really popular with the DnB heads, ravers and the more mainstream crow. Definitely had a massive resurgence recently with teens and people my age (17/18/19/etc.)

Same here, loads of people really into garage atm and raving and ket 

44 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I don't think that this individual has performed at a UK festival and they've grown in popularity recently is Jaden (Great single he released last week as well).

If he was to play R&L what kind of slot I could see him third down on R1 or early Main? I also think he is too big for 1xtra.

Probably mid R1. A slot like Brockhampton in 2018 or Joji last year

20 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’m quite tempted to say IDLES are the best British band rn, everything they realise is exceptional especially this new song

I have tried to listen IDLES so many times. Don't get me wrong I love how punk is coming back in droves. But I feel Fontaines D.C and Slowthai are leading the way.

17 hours ago, TheWaters said:

‘Teenage indie crowd’ suggests he’s not ‘incredibly popular’ with gen z, considering indie is about as popular as cancer with them