2021 Lineup

30 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Can’t say I agree sadly. Messy and a bit all over the place and quite a few weak tracks imo. Heat Waves probably the only track on the album I like unfortunately 

It’s all So Incredibly Loud is a banger as well, I think the amount of interludes is annoying, they seem very pointless but I think it’s good

Also, newest Beabadoobee song slaps, it is very very good 

4 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

With Logic supposedly releasing his last album do we see him touring the festival circuit?

And what kind of slot would he play at Reading?  Could see him on main or R1 Headliner.

Probably like subbing R1 or 3rd down I’d have thought. He’s quite big these days isn’t he? Haven’t followed him since The Incredible True Story as he went shit after that imo so not too sure how big he is

4 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

With Logic supposedly releasing his last album do we see him touring the festival circuit?

And what kind of slot would he play at Reading?  Could see him on main or R1 Headliner.

doesn't seem likely to me that he'll tour again anytime soon, i don't follow his career as i have no interest in his music but i heard he was retiring to focus on being a father, if thats what he wants to focus on i doubt he would let touring the world get in the way of that

Capaldi subbing Stormzy seems the logical move, can't imagine there'll be many mourning the loss of Migos.

Looking at how DL did their lineup, I can see them cutting one of Gerry, Teeners and TDCC rather like Alter Bridge were cut as (they're not planning to tour) and ADTR brought in. 

I imagine it'll be one of the latter two, probably TDCC as Teeners barely got to tour their new record. 

Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / IDLES

Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / AJ Tracey

Red Hot Chili Peppers / Courteeners / Wolf Alice 

Edited by R Shah

I think if Migos are cut then they might book Future as a like for like replacement as Future’s doing fests in Europe around that time. Would be a much better booking too tbh, Future’s better in general anyway but he’s actually surprisingly good live and doesnt just lip sync either lmao. Would be happy if he was brought in.

10 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Capaldi subbing Stormzy seems the logical move, can't imagine there'll be many mourning the loss of Migos.

Looking at how DL did their lineup, I can see them cutting one of Gerry, Teeners and TDCC rather like Alter Bridge were cut as (they're not planning to tour) and ADTR brought in. 

I imagine it'll be one of the latter two, probably TDCC as Teeners barely got to tour their new record. 

Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / IDLES

Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / AJ Tracey

Red Hot Chili Peppers / Courteeners / Wolf Alice 

Alter Bridge got dropped because Creed (which is basically just Alter Bridge with a different singer) are touring instead, Myles Kennedy is still at the festival. No reason they won't keep all three you mentioned if they can.

22 minutes ago, stanh said:

I really hope Liam gets cut for next year, I just feel there are better artists that could be booked... Personally I'd like them to scrap this years line-up and get a new bag of names, but with a few rollovers from this year - especially TDCC! 

As do I, I think he’s such a bland booking, a new lineup would be alright but I was quite looking forward to few people across the weekend that would be nice to see 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

As do I, I think he’s such a bland booking, a new lineup would be alright but I was quite looking forward to few people across the weekend that would be nice to see 

Deftones under Kiss at DL was arguably as uncomfortable as Courteeners under RATM so hopefully FR will acknowledge that and even if they keep the same acts largely, juggle them around so it makes sense, like they have done to put Deftones into Biffy (wow!) 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Have I missed something with chillis being in the frame? Or are we just speculating?

Just speculating, they seem to be one of the acts that people think could replace Rage

8 hours ago, Ives562 said:

Get catfish and the bottlemen instead of liam Gallagher hopefully 

They’re not big enough to straight up headline, I still think they have LG and someone, but I think that someone would be a poppier act

LG and Dua Lipa eith DL closing Reading Saturday, LG closing Sunday at Leeds 

On 8/5/2020 at 9:05 AM, Gerard the Fab said:

Not really, it’s announce Dave, this doesn’t look like Dave etc

theres obviously other artists mixed in but his is the name I see the most 

It’s just a sub set of potential attendees in an echo chamber. Taking into account what people crow for on social media to book a festival would be a terrible idea. 

Dua Lipa could sub Liam. Yes, while she is one of the biggest artists in the world, in terms of their live pull they both had 2 nights at The O2 on recent tours and Gallagher sold his out much faster.

With the young audience, Dua would probably draw a bigger crowd than Liam but it wouldn't look too out of place to have her subbing Liam.

This is all hypothetical and I'm fully expecting Gerry Cinnamon to still sub. However, I had a random thought that if Community Festival returns in 2021 I would say he has a shot at headlining, even with his current tour dates FR could shift him over to that.