2021 Lineup

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

Skepta is still a solid sub for Reading. This year's line up would have looked 100x better with him instead of Courteeners subbing Rage.

Exactly that’s the type of artist that sits so perfectly below because of the feeling behind the music and the atmosphere it creates

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The Forum, Sheffield Academy and the Liverpool one are around 2.5k each (give or take a couple of hundred). That Cambridge one will be a madness if it is 1k! 

Ah thats fair mate never been to either of those, according to Wikipedia Cambridge is 1600 but would still be brilliant 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Not bound for Kendall anytime soon, then. 

More likely than Reading and Leeds again. I mean, YMAS did ‘intimate’ dates at academies (albeit didn’t see them out). Royal Blood did intimate academy dates. Foals and Elbow, Kendal Calling headliners, did.

Edited by dentalplan

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

More likely than Reading and Leeds again. I mean, YMAS did ‘intimate’ dates at academies (albeit didn’t see them out). Royal Blood did intimate academy dates. Foals and Elbow, Kendal Calling headliners, did.

Do you honestly believe that? That Biffy Clyro are more likely to headline a 25k cap festival than they are Reading and Leeds? They are still doing arena tours (before it got cancelled), they’re still headlining major festivals (Download) and they’re likely going to have another #1 album. They haven’t gotten any smaller, they’ve plateaued. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Do you honestly believe that? That Biffy Clyro are more likely to headline a 25k cap festival than they are Reading and Leeds? They are still doing arena tours (before it got cancelled), they’re still headlining major festivals (Download) and they’re likely going to have another #1 album. They haven’t gotten any smaller, they’ve plateaued. 

Yee

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They haven’t got any bigger is the problem, they’ve plateaued while other bands have grown considerably hence making them look weaker

They’re still arena level but not selling as fast - just because the rooms they are playing are as big doesn’t mean they are as big as they were between 2010-2014. They’re gonna stay at that level for a while but their opportunities headlining the big festivals are gonna dry up, and the up-and-coming mid-sized festivals will love to have them.

Someone like Kings of Leon can get booked because they were many times bigger than Biffy and can perhaps sustain the headline level forever. Biffy already stepped down to subheadline Glasto. If R+L are gonna reach out to some outdated headliner to make up numbers it’ll be one bigger than Biffy.

5 minutes ago, VCK said:

On the evidence of the Download, TRNSMT and IOW announcements we shouldn't be expecting anything drastically different to this year's aside from a few changes.

I don't expect Capaldi to be as low as 3rd down though.

I think Lewis capaldi might sub stormzy 

18 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The Forum, Sheffield Academy and the Liverpool one are around 2.5k each (give or take a couple of hundred). That Cambridge one will be a madness if it is 1k! 

And still the biggest venue in Cambridge or anywhere near! We get barely anything here so I have to travel to London for almost every gig (luckily train tickets aren't too bad to Kings X from here)

Hopefully I can grab a couple of tickets although I have no doubts it'll be tough.