2021 Lineup

17 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

As it stands I don’t think we’ll be getting any major festivals next year tbh. Pains me to say that but I just don’t think it’s that realistic. Hope I’m wrong though. I guess R&L has more chance of happening that than stuff like Download and Glasto which are really under threat but still, atm I’m leaning more towards fests not happening. Again, really really hope I’m wrong I dunno if i can cope with another year of no festivals.

Festivals + gigs are what keep me going but I am starting to think that next year is going to be fairly similar to this. I think our only real hope to get either next year is a vaccine or a procedure that drastically reduces deaths and it could be a long time until any mass roll-out of either. More so than this, I really do feel for the smaller fests/ music venues that put their all into every year making only a small profit solely for the enjoyment of doing so. Along with that, the massive job losses in the industry that are already occurring.

Here's to hoping we can get back to some sort of normality in the music industry soon.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Festivals + gigs are what keep me going but I am starting to think that next year is going to be fairly similar to this. I think our only real hope to get either next year is a vaccine or a procedure that drastically reduces deaths and it could be a long time until any mass roll-out of either. More so than this, I really do feel for the smaller fests/ music venues that put their all into every year making only a small profit solely for the enjoyment of doing so. Along with that, the massive job losses in the industry that are already occurring.

Here's to hoping we can get back to some sort of normality in the music industry soon.

Tbh we may never get a vaccine so we will have to come up with a procedure that will benefit indoor/outdoor gigs and festivals. Maybe make masks mandatory and provide cleaning solutions everywhere within the venue and other rules that would help events to go ahead next year so people can have something to look forward to and help them through this year  

44 minutes ago, everest said:

" Rage Against the Machine are postponing our September European arena dates in Prague, Krakow and Vienna until such time when we are confident it will be safe for our fans. If health, local government approvals and safety permit, we will come back to Europe in fall 2021. We will let you know as soon as we have a confirmed touring plan."

Just got mail from oeticket.com

So they are out until at least fall 2021

Maybe say September/October next year is when it will be likely to see gigs back at some sort of fuller capacity tbh 

59 minutes ago, Festivalboi36 said:

Stormzy just announced his tour with be taking place next April don’t know weather to buy a ticket ???

In the post above the quoted message you say gigs won't be able to happen until fall 2021 yet in this post you're querying whether to buy tickets for a show in April. 

I'm starting to think you're not a reliable source on all things COVID... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Right but if he's got nothing new to play why bother bumping him up to sub for the sake of it?

Stick a new album out and sure he's probably easily sub level.

He quite honestly looks like the most in demand artist in the insta comments

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Yeah but insta comments just want Arctic Monkeys forever so fuck em

Not really, it’s announce Dave, this doesn’t look like Dave etc

theres obviously other artists mixed in but his is the name I see the most 

35 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Desperately want Grohl and the Foos back already, smh

Same but I wanna see other people as well before, like to have MCR at Reading before Foos again and Green Day

23 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

I really don’t think Dave has the pulling power to be a co-head he is big in the UK but outside he hasn’t really made a name for himself

Good job it’s a British festival then isn’t it.

Dave will be big enough to headline outright after his next release, I’m sure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Good job it’s a British festival then isn’t it.

Dave will be big enough to headline outright after his next release, I’m sure.

Even a couple of big selling singles

7 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

If Stormzy’s headline level then Dave isn’t far off. Next album, or next album build up even, he could easily headline.

Could you argue he’s bigger than Skepta

I’d say he’s probably at the same level at the minute in terms of where he’d place on an R&L lineup. I think Skepta’s time to headline has been and gone though while Dave is just going to keep growing. Skepta’s just kind of stagnated at this point

Edited by TheWaters

6 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I’d say he’s probably at the same level at the minute in terms of where he’d place on an R&L lineup. I think Skepta’s time to headline has been and gone though while Dave is just going to keep growing. Skepta’s just kind of stagnated at this point

Yh I agree with this, Dave is arguably one of the brightest of an exceptionally good time for British music, Skepta has had his time, although I could see him pulling a very large crowd for a sub slot