2021 Lineup

4 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

his most recent EP was great, would love to see him on the line-up somewhere, hopefully mid/early R1 as if he headlines the FR stage he's way more likely to clash with someone i won't want to miss, shocks me that he is only seventeen too, i'm only 21 but the musicians i listen to being so much younger than me is starting to make me feel old

yeah he's the same age as me so that's a bit weird. headlining the FR would be a great achievement at his age

10 hours ago, Benj said:

I live in the US, if you’re from there you’ll know it’s a massive country that can’t really be pigeon holed as one. 

The whole ‘gun’ thing was just a clickbait, media construct, yes sales rose (as they do with any looming hurricane etc...) but the queues shown in the U.K. press etc where hugely rare events at a tiny few locations, blown up to make it seem like they were happening everywhere, to get people clicking, when it was in no way close to being true. 

People do very much care in America, the level to the restriction has and still varies hugely place by place, the likes of NY, NJ, MA etc who had earlier and stricter shut downs that the U.K. and have had masks mandated for months, have a low count of cases at the moment, while the likes of FL and TX which has no real early surge and basically operated as usual are now fucked and imposing stricter lockdowns. 

That Chainsmokers show was the first event of its type allowed in NY.  There has been gatherings and parties in the US (and continued protests) from what I’ve observed though, it’s not really BEEN any different than what’s in the U.K. and much of the US (again not all, as there are 50 different states with 50 different sets of rules) is still under a stricter lockdown than the U.K. 

Hi Buddy,

totally agree with what you say, it’s a vast country with different laws in each state. I was born and raised in Jacksonville Florida and moved to the uk at 13! I still love the country and am proudly a US citizen! (Although hate paying tax to the IRS out of monies earned in the uk) 

Lots of bloody good music today, new Glass Animals single is brilliant as well new Fontaine’s D.C. album, Biffy single and part 2 of the Foals rework and Mike Shinodas new stuff

Billies new song slaps as well 

12 hours ago, JaggySnake91 said:

New Biffy song slaps hard.

Does 'slaps hard' mean 'average'?    Its got the biffy randomness without the tune to back it up...

Maybe it does, theyve hit that point for though where its always gonna be the same old shit for me...and its all sub standard unless they can produce something properly different.  Trying to sound like a shit BMTH, like with 'Instant History' is not the way to go....

10 hours ago, Benj said:

Does 'slaps hard' mean 'average'?    Its got the biffy randomness without the tune to back it up...

Maybe it does, theyve hit that point for though where its always gonna be the same old shit for me...and its all sub standard unless they can produce something properly different.  Trying to sound like a shit BMTH, like with 'Instant History' is not the way to go....

It's because they are gonna Co headline with bring me the horizon 

55 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Also of the view Biffy Clyro have ran out of ideas.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s definitely going to be their ‘past it’ album. These new songs have been coming and going with zero impact, and the band sound like they don’t know what to do anymore either.

I agree, they’ve been on the scene for ages, had loads of great headliner slots. Never made it to Glastonbury level but had a great career. After Ellipsis and I think after subbing G in 2017, knowing they probably aren’t going to be able to get the headliner slot, I think they don’t really know what to do anymore. Songs on this album seem classic repeated Biffy from Opposites, Only Revolutions and Elllipsis. They’re alright but not heading to any directions.

I can see them doing Download if Maiden ain’t playing and maybe co headline or headline Leeds again if no one is available but if and when that happens, I think that’ll be the last time Biffy will be at the top and slowly decline down bills or they’ll avoid the bigger festivals and do the smaller Y Not, Kendal, Victorious sort of route. They’ve had ages at the top but unfortunately I don’t think younger people (I’m 19, even my age it’s rare to see a Biffy fan now) care about them much. They aren’t big enough to be a novelty act and I foresee the arena tour they announced to not sell that well, or sell standing but seating is left. 

One of the first bands I properly loved and I’ll give it a listen and see them but I’m not that arsed anymore about them. 

12 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I agree, they’ve been on the scene for ages, had loads of great headliner slots. Never made it to Glastonbury level but had a great career. After Ellipsis and I think after subbing G in 2017, knowing they probably aren’t going to be able to get the headliner slot, I think they don’t really know what to do anymore. Songs on this album seem classic repeated Biffy from Opposites, Only Revolutions and Elllipsis. They’re alright but not heading to any directions.

I can see them doing Download if Maiden ain’t playing and maybe co headline or headline Leeds again if no one is available but if and when that happens, I think that’ll be the last time Biffy will be at the top and slowly decline down bills or they’ll avoid the bigger festivals and do the smaller Y Not, Kendal, Victorious sort of route. They’ve had ages at the top but unfortunately I don’t think younger people (I’m 19, even my age it’s rare to see a Biffy fan now) care about them much. They aren’t big enough to be a novelty act and I foresee the arena tour they announced to not sell that well, or sell standing but seating is left. 

One of the first bands I properly loved and I’ll give it a listen and see them but I’m not that arsed anymore about them. 

I’d be surprised if they headlined Reading again, even if 2021 isn’t looking like a bumper crop of touring acts. They seem destined for the likes of Victorious and Kendal - headlining Download the same year as one of those might not work but I wouldn’t think it too crazy.

5 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

They really should have done Glastonbury the year they first did Reading. I know that's down to being wanted too but they were big enough to do the Friday slot. Do Reading the year after was my thought at the time.

I can see why people like Biffy and they've done some good songs, especially in their early days, but I've never been able to fully get into them. For me they've just lacked something that makes a band truly great, but it's hard to put my finger on what.

I respect them as musicians and they're clearly talented guys, but they've just never totally done it for me personally.

Edited by VCK

I don’t really concentrate on Download, has it change much from this year? And do we think that Reading May put an announcement out soon then 

Edited by Gerard the Fab

From the look of it, Maiden and Alter Bridge are out, Biffy replaced Maiden, then they've moved Deftones over and added ADTR under KISS. Wouldn't have expected ADTR anyway given they played 2019 but a nice surprise for Download even if they should have headlined it by now (or not given the recent output). Few lower down dropouts and some other additions who for all we know might have been announced for 2020 anyway.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No BMTH at download leans into them being at R&L? Or could they just be at neither like they have some years.

Who knows? They seem to be on the rumours every year for both festivals and then for one reason or another appear at neither. Easy co-headliner booking for R/L if they need to go that way, but they might just do their own shows again.