2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Mass gatherings back in the US and it’s the blood chainsmokers 😂

As someone born and raised the USA I’m not surprised the country is just full of stupid people! Look at what happened when coronavirus hit people didn’t panic buy food! They went out to panic buy guns and ammo! 

52 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Gnr rescheduled their us tour to August. Last date is 19th aug but I can’t see them coming back to Europe just for R&L.

I mean I can’t see any European dates on the website 

17 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

As someone born and raised the USA I’m not surprised the country is just full of stupid people! Look at what happened when coronavirus hit people didn’t panic buy food! They went out to panic buy guns and ammo! 

Erm.... have you not seen all the mass gatherings in the U.K?!

Much worse than these scenes out there if you take a look at gatherings outside Anfield, in Leeds etc...

This event is being taken to court due to the non enforcement of the licensed restrictions. Anywhere with alcohol people aren’t going to social distance

I see a load of UK based ‘drive in’ gigs have just been cancelled, I suspect off the back of this. It will be interesting to see how these planned low capacity indoor gigs though, as an indicator to how feasible such things are in the future.

Honestly think Rage are more likely than Guns N' Roses to be honest. Wouldn't mind seeing GNR purely to say I've seen them, plus the fact that it's the 'classic' lineup. But it seems completely random what GNR are going to turn up. Heard they were good at Download, but really poor last time they did R+L (which admittedly, was a while ago.

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Erm.... have you not seen all the mass gatherings in the U.K?!

Much worse than these scenes out there if you take a look at gatherings outside Anfield, in Leeds etc...

This event is being taken to court due to the non enforcement of the licensed restrictions. Anywhere with alcohol people aren’t going to social distance

I see a load of UK based ‘drive in’ gigs have just been cancelled, I suspect off the back of this. It will be interesting to see how these planned low capacity indoor gigs though, as an indicator to how feasible such things are in the future.

Yes I have, but this has been happening in America since the start of February because Donald trump told people is was a hoax so no one cares in America my dad and step mom are just as bad going out buying guns back in March 

• Downvote 1

Friday

MS: STORMZY, Dua Lipa, Lewis Capaldi, Nothing But Thevies, DMA'S, Circa Waves, Lady Leshurr, Bloxx, Vukovi R1: Enter Shikari, Yungblud DS: Camelphat, Jaguar Skills Pit: Bury Tomorrow, Black Peaks FR: Rat Boy, The Snuts R1X: Danny Brown, Pengshui 

Saturday

MS: LIAM GALLAGHER, Gerry Cinnamon, Catfish & The Bottlemen (Special Guests), Brockhampton, Sea Girls, Easy Life, Vistas, Inhaler R1: The Chemical Brothers, Sigrid LU: The Hives, Touche Amore FR: The Sherlocks, Tim Burgess R1X: Example, Yxng Bane

Sunday

MS: BMTH/ ROYAL BLOOD, AJ Tracey, Architects, Idles, Neck Deep, Creeper, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Dream State R1: J Hus, M Huncho LU: Gallows, Every Time I Die FR: The Magic Gang, Spector R1X: Ghostpoet, Teddy

Secret Set: Disclosure 

55 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Friday

MS: STORMZY, Dua Lipa, Lewis Capaldi, Nothing But Thevies, DMA'S, Circa Waves, Lady Leshurr, Bloxx, Vukovi R1: Enter Shikari, Yungblud DS: Camelphat, Jaguar Skills Pit: Bury Tomorrow, Black Peaks FR: Rat Boy, The Snuts R1X: Danny Brown, Pengshui 

Saturday

MS: LIAM GALLAGHER, Gerry Cinnamon, Catfish & The Bottlemen (Special Guests), Brockhampton, Sea Girls, Easy Life, Vistas, Inhaler R1: The Chemical Brothers, Sigrid LU: The Hives, Touche Amore FR: The Sherlocks, Tim Burgess R1X: Example, Yxng Bane

Sunday

MS: BMTH/ ROYAL BLOOD, AJ Tracey, Architects, Idles, Neck Deep, Creeper, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Dream State R1: J Hus, M Huncho LU: Gallows, Every Time I Die FR: The Magic Gang, Spector R1X: Ghostpoet, Teddy

The Chemical Brothers aren’t headlining R1. 

No way would Catfish accept a 3rd down slot, even with a “special guests” label.

Other than that, looks pretty good.

Edited by TKOCF
  • Upvote 1

As well as those points above I don’t think Ghostpoet or Pensghui would play the 1Xtra. More likely to see Ghostpoet high up the FR if anywhere and Pengshui in the lock up or one of those weird early dance stage slots. Don’t know if Circa Waves or Neck Deep would do 6th on main either, probs both a slot higher but that’s only a minor change. Looks decent for the most part

Edited by TheWaters

On top of what’s been said I think the main stage is way too cultured toward the headliners on the bottom two days, there’d be a couple of different genres to make people buy weekends to see all their favourites 

3 hours ago, TKOCF said:

The Chemical Brothers aren’t headlining R1. 

No way would Catfish accept a 3rd down slot, even with a “special guests” label.

Other than that, looks pretty good.

Can't see Architects accepting fourth down either, even if it is technically third.

10 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Where are Courteeners?

22 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

Yes I have, but this has been happening in America since the start of February because Donald trump told people is was a hoax so no one cares in America my dad and step mom are just as bad going out buying guns back in March 

I live in the US, if you’re from there you’ll know it’s a massive country that can’t really be pigeon holed as one. 

The whole ‘gun’ thing was just a clickbait, media construct, yes sales rose (as they do with any looming hurricane etc...) but the queues shown in the U.K. press etc where hugely rare events at a tiny few locations, blown up to make it seem like they were happening everywhere, to get people clicking, when it was in no way close to being true. 

People do very much care in America, the level to the restriction has and still varies hugely place by place, the likes of NY, NJ, MA etc who had earlier and stricter shut downs that the U.K. and have had masks mandated for months, have a low count of cases at the moment, while the likes of FL and TX which has no real early surge and basically operated as usual are now fucked and imposing stricter lockdowns. 

That Chainsmokers show was the first event of its type allowed in NY.  There has been gatherings and parties in the US (and continued protests) from what I’ve observed though, it’s not really BEEN any different than what’s in the U.K. and much of the US (again not all, as there are 50 different states with 50 different sets of rules) is still under a stricter lockdown than the U.K. 

Edited by Benj

1 hour ago, Sam Y said:

I reckon Alfie Templeman will headline the festival republic stage next year. He seems to be getting very popular

his most recent EP was great, would love to see him on the line-up somewhere, hopefully mid/early R1 as if he headlines the FR stage he's way more likely to clash with someone i won't want to miss, shocks me that he is only seventeen too, i'm only 21 but the musicians i listen to being so much younger than me is starting to make me feel old