2021 Lineup

13 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Damn that sucks was buzzing for rage, haha I can't make no promises mate 😂😂

This was back in April so could be related to them dropping out before the festival was cancelled. So they could be booked although I’ve heard they are touring Europe doing arenas and stadiums in the fall 2021

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Haven’t you been advocating for acts recently who just stand no chance of being booked? I know exactly what you’re going through man we’ve all been through it.

Your first few years at r&l are great but then slowly the festival starts booking acts that you don’t care about and eventually you realise that it’s not the place for you anymore.

It’s not their booking acts I don’t care about I’m only 17 and scan quite easily find an act at most points during the day

And MCR isn’t a stupid shout

15 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

It’s not their booking acts I don’t care about I’m only 17 and scan quite easily find an act at most points during the day

MCR would be a dream booking for me! I’m 26 next festival and was growing up when all my friends went through an emo stage! Would love to see them again! Think I saw them at Reading on a day ticket in 2011!

• Upvote 1

Ik I bought this up already but hopefully some of you have seen the stuff about SWMRS

Its absolutely disgusting and I applaud Lydia for coming out and saying all this, but the two statements the band have put out and disgraceful and quite honestly pathetic.

I absolutely loved them, but quite honestly I couldn’t give two shits anymore unless a proper and thoroughly meant statement comes out and even then I might struggle 

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Ik I bought this up already but hopefully some of you have seen the stuff about SWMRS

Its absolutely disgusting and I applaud Lydia for coming out and saying all this, but the two statements the band have put out and disgraceful and quite honestly pathetic.

I absolutely loved them, but quite honestly I couldn’t give two shits anymore unless a proper and thoroughly meant statement comes out and even then I might struggle 

Yeah man, that first statement was an absolute disgrace. I won't even bother to look at the second statement (didn't know there was one until you mentioned it). They were on such a high horse in that first statement trying to be high and mighty, and the comment section (rightly) ripped them apart.

It's such a shame to see this happening in more and more bands, but don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's all coming out. The bassist of Simple Plan left last week as well due to similar allegations, and the former bassist of Black Veil Brides (a band I loved in my high school emo phase) has also been accused by numerous girls regarding sexual abuse. It's sickening this is going on.

Edited by Pottsy2913

15 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Yeah man, that first statement was an absolute disgrace. I won't even bother to look at the second statement (didn't know there was one until you mentioned it). They were on such a high horse in that first statement trying to be high and mighty, and the comment section (rightly) ripped them apart.

It's such a shame to see this happening in more and more bands, but don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's all coming out. The bassist of Simple Plan left last week as well due to similar allegations, and the former bassist of Black Veil Brides (a band I loved in my high school emo phase) has also been accused by numerous girls regarding sexual abuse. It's sickening this is going on.

Yh Joey put his own statement up that is bloody awful quite honestly, the comment sections are good, everyone’s ripping them apart even if they’re supporters of the band which shows how bad this actually is

But I don’t think this will be the end, I really think more will start to come out now, I just hope some of the bands I like have actually used their brains

47 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Who are SWMRS? Sorry if I’m being dumb

30 minutes ago, deckchair92 said:

They're a punk band, played R/L last year on the Foos day. Billie Joe Armstrong's son is their drummer, and has been accused by the singer of a band called The Regrettes of sexual misconduct.

Cheers for the info!

10 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

They're a punk band, played R/L last year on the Foos day. Billie Joe Armstrong's son is their drummer, and has been accused by the singer of a band called The Regrettes of sexual misconduct.

This and they were incredibly vocal about how sexual abuse needs to stop in the music scene

Yeah I’ve seen Swmrs 3/4 times and at the start of every gig they did a speech about safe spaces for women and calling out creepy men. Very hypocritical. Their first album was alright and the lead single from the second album was great but other than that they’re a bit shit imo anyway.

28 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah I’ve seen Swmrs 3/4 times and at the start of every gig they did a speech about safe spaces for women and calling out creepy men. Very hypocritical. Their first album was alright and the lead single from the second album was great but other than that they’re a bit shit imo anyway.

I absolutely love both albums, songs like Lose Lose Lose, Trashbag Baby and I thought they were excellent last year but I just can’t accept what’s happened and the pathetic response from the band

16 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Sorry I don’t think MCR are a stupid booking. If they continue this reunion tour I can see them being booked. It just won’t be 2021 because of their touring plans.

If they are planning to keep this going then I can definitely see them popping up. But it won’t be in the immediate term.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Sorry I don’t think MCR are a stupid booking. If they continue this reunion tour I can see them being booked. It just won’t be 2021 because of their touring plans.

If they are planning to keep this going then I can definitely see them popping up. But it won’t be in the immediate term.

There we go and when they do we can all be happy 

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I absolutely love both albums, songs like Lose Lose Lose, Trashbag Baby and I thought they were excellent last year but I just can’t accept what’s happened and the pathetic response from the band

Fair enough. I thought the second album was largely quite cheesy and cringe but I’m not really the target audience tbf, their main demographic seems to be young teens for the most part. The song Berkeley’s on Fire is a huge track though.

Edited by TheWaters

46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Still better than a Courteeners headline set. 

I’d legit take Harry Styles subbing over Liam Fray trying so hard to be the other famous Liam from Manchester, and having to leave because all the fuckwits in bucket hats have set of flares, and you can see bugger all.

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Not gonna lie, I agree MCR is very unlikely but you have to remember Stormzy was booked with a tour starting the week after R+L with northern arena dates that hadn't even sold out, including Leeds First Direct Arena.

Different context (i.e. they need a big rap headliner each year as a policy it seems) I know but I wouldn't rule out MCR if they're struggling to get a major rock act - with Foos, Green Day and seemingly RATM out of the question....(same goes for the Killers as MCR I guess)

Unless I'm being really stupid and MCR have already announced US tour dates over R+L weekend.

14 hours ago, R Shah said:

Not gonna lie, I agree MCR is very unlikely but you have to remember Stormzy was booked with a tour starting the week after R+L with northern arena dates that hadn't even sold out, including Leeds First Direct Arena.

Different context (i.e. they need a big rap headliner each year as a policy it seems) I know but I wouldn't rule out MCR if they're struggling to get a major rock act - with Foos, Green Day and seemingly RATM out of the question....(same goes for the Killers as MCR I guess)

Unless I'm being really stupid and MCR have already announced US tour dates over R+L weekend.

September the 8th is their first US show perfectly feasible